PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Mathis Arrested

Dylan
02-19-2008, 05:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AulHPx7SrEae25ByvANV3xBDubYF?slug=ap-texans-mathisarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

Texans player accused of trying to choke common-law wife

February 19, 2008
HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston Texans receiver and kick returner Jerome Mathis was arrested and charged with choking his pregnant common-law wife.

Deputies went to Mathis's home Friday in Manvel, about 25 miles south of Houston, after getting a 911 call. Erica Smith told deputies the player had pushed her onto a bed and started choking her. The 26-year-old woman refused medical treatment but said she is six months pregnant.

Mathis had left the house when deputies with the Brazoria County Sheriff's Department arrived. When he returned Sunday, he was arrested and charged with assault and family violence.

He was released on $3,000 bond. If convicted, he faces up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000, authorities said. His attorney could not be immediately located.

In December, Mathis received a misdemeanor citation after his pit bull chewed through a fence and behaved aggressively.

The 24-year-old player was on the Texans' injured list last season.

That is ashame he was a good return man.:dang:

The Duke
02-19-2008, 07:51 PM
great, another idiot in the nfl......

just ship him off to the bungles

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 09:21 PM
I wonder if the Texans are this years Bengals.

sherlock
02-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Oh for God`s sake,what is WRONG with these NFL players?!! :dang:
My theory...too much money and too much free time.
Make the season longer......the players have less time for felony and the fans see more football,everyones a winner!

The Duke
02-20-2008, 02:13 AM
Make the season longer......the players have less time for felony and the fans see more football,everyones a winner!

yeah, until the players start falling apart on the field, lol

we would all love for the season to be longer, but the players need to rest, football is a contact sport, and bodies begin to break down at the end of the season already , just imagine how it'll be if the season was longer, like a bunch of dan morgans on the field, lol

as a solution I suggest just send them all to Cincinnati....er I mean jail :toofunny:

Preacher
02-20-2008, 02:44 AM
yeah, until the players start falling apart on the field, lol

we would all love for the season to be longer, but the players need to rest, football is a contact sport, and bodies begin to break down at the end of the season already , just imagine how it'll be if the season was longer, like a bunch of dan morgans on the field, lol

as a solution I suggest just send them all to Cincinnati....er I mean jail :toofunny:

Hey, I would take a longer season to keep these guys from doing idiotic stuff like this.

revefsreleets
02-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Oh for God`s sake,what is WRONG with these NFL players?!! :dang:
My theory...too much money and too much free time.

They are pampered and treated differently from a very young age. They get away with more because people are willing to look the other way because of these guys on-field contributions. When you are taught from a young age that there is little or no accountability, well, this is reaping what was sown.

rbryan
02-20-2008, 09:25 AM
How about having the teams play one game every 2 weeks and we make the season 20 games?? After the playoffs, a month or so to recoup and do it all again. Yeah baby, NFL all year.

rbryan
02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
This guy may very well be a turd, but I think you also have to consider the possibility that the GF may be over dramatizing this up to get leverage for a big payday. Theres always two sides to every story.

I'm pretty sure if he played for the Steelers he'd at least get the benefit of the doubt until more info comes to light. Najeh Davenport comes to mind.

Preacher
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM
This guy may very well be a turd, but I think you also have to consider the possibility that the GF may be over dramatizing this up to get leverage for a big payday. Theres always two sides to every story.

I'm pretty sure if he played for the Steelers he'd at least get the benefit of the doubt until more info comes to light. Najeh Davenport comes to mind.

Yep. You are exactly right.

However, just as I said about Najeh, if this guy is guilty, he needs to be put away.

sherlock
02-20-2008, 12:04 PM
They are pampered and treated differently from a very young age. They get away with more because people are willing to look the other way because of these guys on-field contributions. When you are taught from a young age that there is little or no accountability, well, this is reaping what was sown.

Yeah I see revefsreleets,I wonder,are the NFL trying to tackle this huge problem?
Has this always been a problem within football?
Perhaps the teams should take more responsibility for the player`s behaviour.

The Patriot
02-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah I see revefsreleets,I wonder,are the NFL trying to tackle this huge problem?
Has this always been a problem within football?
Perhaps the teams should take more responsibility for the player`s behaviour.

It's like this.

I'm a young talented kid. I was pampered all through college and could do anything I wanted. Now I've been given millions of dollars to play sports 4-5 months out of the year. The remainder of that year I plan to _____________. (You fill in the blank but I doubt its community service)