PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 must have players

DACEB
02-20-2008, 08:52 AM
The combine has arrived!!:tt02: Let's have some fun!!

List 3 players that you want to see the team draft. Let's try and keep it real, not all 1st round guys, each player should be projected for a different round.

Gosder Cherilus OT B.C. - Comes from a program known for producing top notch offensive linemen. Has the potential to start right away. Has all the intangibles you look for, smart, strong and powerful, athletic. This guy would wear the B&G a long time.

Thomas DeCoud S Cal - Has everything the team looks for in a DB, athletic and physical. Versatile player with experience at CB and S. Excellent tackler and a special teams demon.

Keilen Dykes DT W.Va. - Has the physical attributes and experience to play 3-4 DE. Collegiate defensive scheme has prepared him to start from day 1.

Let me hear your picks!!

Godfather
02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Jeff Otah--we need to shore up the offensive line and a first round talent is a good step in that direction

Jacob Hester--heart of a champion and a great thunder to complement Willie's lightning. Can also carry the team if Willie gets hurt again or isn't 100% next year.

A 6-5 or 6-6 WR from a smaller school in the later rounds. We need a diverse crop of WRs, and the tall guy is the missing piece.

k7brown
02-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Jacob Hester--heart of a champion and a great thunder to complement Willie's lightning. Can also carry the team if Willie gets hurt again or isn't 100% next year.

A 6-5 or 6-6 WR from a smaller school in the later rounds. We need a diverse crop of WRs, and the tall guy is the missing piece.

I agree about Hester. That would be a good addition and as for the WR, I think I found a good one, in Pierre Garcon (although he isnt extremely tall, he is 6'1" or 6'2").
He is Mount Union College's (9-Time Division III National Champions) all-time leader in receptions with 202 and the Ohio Athletic Conference career leader in touchdown catches with 47 (and he was only with the Purple Raiders for 3 season). He has great vision and speed. Here is a video of him during the Texas Vs the Nation Game, (in which he returned a 62 yard punt) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvzTkNIVEj0

Rhee Rhee
02-20-2008, 01:39 PM
hmm...

chris williams/jeff otah

marcus monk/marcus smith

kendall langford/marcus dixon

darnell terrell

chris johnson

j leman

these are the guys who i'd want

DACEB
02-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Rhee Rhee, what round is Leman projected at??

I've seen anything from the 3rd to the 6th-7th. I guess things will get a little clearer after the combine.

brsteelers
02-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Jeff Otah would be a great pickup. Williams, Nicks, and Cherilus would be good too. We need to shore up the O- Line.

MDSteel15
02-21-2008, 01:37 AM
1. Chris Williams Or Gosder Cherilus
2. Early Doucet
3. A center....

Rhee Rhee
02-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Hey Rhee Rhee, what round is Leman projected at??

I've seen anything from the 3rd to the 6th-7th. I guess things will get a little clearer after the combine.

u know i have nooooo idea...

i can't wait till the combine is over to see who's stock is up and who's is down...

i'm guessing leman will be a first day pick (3rd round) but wouldn't be surprised if he drops to the 4th...

Rhee Rhee
02-21-2008, 02:49 AM
2. Early Doucet

amen to early doucet... people are calling him a hines ward clone... thats what they said about anquan boldin too... he turned out to be pretty good...

Elvis
02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
1. Chris Williams Or Gosder Cherilus
2. Early Doucet
3. A center....
I wouldn't mind those players at all brother.. but which Center? Maybe the guy out of Notre Dame or Wake Forest.. but these are my choices.
OT Cherilus
OG Roy Schuening
MLB Jeremy Lehman
:tt02:

MDSteel15
02-21-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm working on my mock and the way it looks we could get Justice... I like the name and it would definately be "justice"

Rhee Rhee
02-22-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm working on my mock and the way it looks we could get Justice... I like the name and it would definately be "justice"

hopefully he's a second day pick :tt02:

Give It To Abercrombie
02-22-2008, 01:11 PM
1. Cherilus RT
2. Dre Moore DE
3. Lichtensteiger C (although he would probably be picked in the 4th)

C'mon, Lichtensteiger snapping to Roethlisberger? How can you pass up that kind of alliteration?

The Duke
02-22-2008, 04:31 PM
C'mon, Lichtensteiger snapping to Roethlisberger? How can you pass up that kind of alliteration?

don't know him, but he sounds like a beer so I'd take him :alcoholic:

Steeldude
02-22-2008, 04:40 PM
the picks that i want?

ok, i want jake long , glen dorsey and dan connor :thumbsup:

Rhee Rhee
02-22-2008, 09:42 PM
1. Otah/Williams/Albert
2. Chilo Rachal
3. Charles Godfrey/ simeon castille/ bruce davis/ tommy blake/ kenall langford/Marcus Monk/Davone Bess/Chris Johnson/Matt Forte....

i think the 3rd rounder is crucial...

Give It To Abercrombie
02-23-2008, 11:45 AM
1. Otah/Williams/Albert
2. Chilo Rachal
3. Charles Godfrey/ simeon castille/ bruce davis/ tommy blake/ kenall langford/Marcus Monk/Davone Bess/Chris Johnson/Matt Forte....

i think the 3rd rounder is crucial...

Of your 3rd's, I really like Godfrey, Langford and Forte as picks.

Watching the combine now. Was thinking Otah wouldn't make it to us at 23, but am thinking now that he may. Perhaps his spine was fused to his femurs at some point, someone needs to grab him and tell him to bend at the waist. Good footwork for his size but he's playing so high, they're blasting him. I still want him, don't get me wrong, was just surprised to see it.

yinzer-inseattle
02-23-2008, 11:58 AM
1. Cherilus RT
2. Dre Moore DE
3. Lichtensteiger C (although he would probably be picked in the 4th)

Totally agree with Lichtensteiger. The more I read and see him (on the combine today) I think he's a great fit for us at center. My other picks are:

Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt or Brandon Albert OG/OT Virginia
Chevis Jackson CB , LSU
Kory Lichtensteiger C, Bowling Green (also see him going in the 4th round)

Rhee Rhee
02-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Of your 3rd's, I really like Godfrey, Langford and Forte as picks.

Watching the combine now. Was thinking Otah wouldn't make it to us at 23, but am thinking now that he may. Perhaps his spine was fused to his femurs at some point, someone needs to grab him and tell him to bend at the waist. Good footwork for his size but he's playing so high, they're blasting him. I still want him, don't get me wrong, was just surprised to see it.

i too saw that everyone kept grilling jeff otah about basically everything...

he seems a little too raw right now... but then again people say that the sky is the limit for him.. so i have nooo idea...

MDSteel15
02-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm really not liking Otah right now. He is TOO raw compared to these other OTs. We can't afford to draft a project here, we need a starter!!

pidots
02-23-2008, 05:12 PM
1-Williams/Otah/Cherilus
2-Early Doucet
3 or 4- Lichtensteiger

Give It To Abercrombie
02-23-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm really not liking Otah right now. He is TOO raw compared to these other OTs. We can't afford to draft a projuect here, we need a starter!!

I'm not sure the front office thinks we need a starter though, thats the reason we may go with Otah. Marvel Smith is signed through next year which would give Otah one year of back-up (assuming Smith stays healthy). I do believe we are going to bring back Starks and Essex. By 2009, Otah will have one year under his belt under Marvel, they can let Marvel go rather than sign a then 30 year old to a long contract, and let Starks (now 26), Essex (24?) and Otah fight for the two starting spots, probably Otah RT and Starks LT with Essex backing up both.

steelymcmatt
02-23-2008, 08:59 PM
I think we need to pick up a starter on the O-line in free agency, then draft someone like Otah. Depending on what tender the Ravens place on Jason Brown, he just might fit the bill. I'd give up a second for a proven player over drafting someone who has never played in an NFL game.

MDSteel15
02-23-2008, 11:43 PM
1-Williams/Otah/Cherilus
2-Early Doucet
3 or 4- Lichtensteiger

You take out Otah here and I love it! :jammin: :cheers: :chicken:

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2008, 02:08 AM
With Starks signed and playing LT and Marvel moving to RT my top 3 now becomes;

RD 1. Brandan Albert - LG starter (can compete for Tackle if needed)
RD 2. Mike Pollack - C starter
RD 3. Dre Moore - DT/DE competes for RDE starter (backup NT if needed)

Tomlin gets his wish with both lines getting younger straight away.

Rhee Rhee
02-24-2008, 02:57 AM
With Starks signed and playing LT and Marvel moving to RT my top 3 now becomes;

RD 1. Brandan Albert - LG starter (can compete for Tackle if needed)
RD 2. Mike Pollack - C starter
RD 3. Dre Moore - DT/DE competes for RDE starter (backup NT if needed)

Tomlin gets his wish with both lines getting younger straight away.

i like this idea...

my only wish is that pollack goes in the third and not second.. but then again he had a great combine... so idk...

lilyoder6
02-24-2008, 10:57 AM
i would hope pollack could stay in the 3rd rd for us.. so we can draft another talented person in the 2nd...

Aussie_steeler
02-25-2008, 12:06 AM
I think Pollack will move his way into the second. He is not in the class of Mangold ( first rounder) but if a team wants a top quality center then they are going to have to compete and pay for him. I feel he will definitely go in the second. I really dont see any other draft prospects coming close to his market value.

k7brown
02-25-2008, 05:39 PM
I agree about Hester. That would be a good addition and as for the WR, I think I found a good one, in Pierre Garcon (although he isnt extremely tall, he is 6'1" or 6'2").
He is Mount Union College's (9-Time Division III National Champions) all-time leader in receptions with 202 and the Ohio Athletic Conference career leader in touchdown catches with 47 (and he was only with the Purple Raiders for 3 season). He has great vision and speed. Here is a video of him during the Texas Vs the Nation Game, (in which he returned a 62 yard punt) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvzTkNIVEj0

Pierre had a great showing at the combine... he ran a 4.48, did 20 reps (bench press), and had a good vertical jump (36ish")

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Pierre had a great showing at the combine... he ran a 4.48, did 20 reps (bench press), and had a good vertical jump (36ish")

Exactly why the combine can be misleading. all good statistics, but he dropped some easy passes and didnt run great routes from what I saw. "The waiter" test good, but didnt look good in drills.