PDA

View Full Version : Competition committee on Patriots* taping.

polamalu82
02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff February 21, 2008 01:03 PM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Members of the NFL Competition Committee just addressed media members here at the combine. Co-chairman Rich McKay indicated that the committee received details regarding the Patriots? taping procedures.

?This morning, we spent a lot of time on the issue of the New England tape situation, just getting a briefing, an understanding of the procedures and everything that went into it,? McKay said. ?They took us through the investigation, what they did, and what transpired and what they found. They asked our opinion on the penalty, and if there were any suggestions we had that we needed to do from a rules perspective to address it.?

Members of the committee seemed to agree that there was nothing from a rules perspective that needed to be further addressed to avoid the situation in the future.

Another member of the committee, Colts president Bill Polian, shared his opinion on the NFL?s investigation of the Patriots.

?From my perspective, that was a thorough, fair, efficient process with lots of integrity,? he said. ?I think it?s fair to say we [as a committee] were satisfied with the explanation, satisfied with what was done, and at least I am anyway. It?s behind us. It?s time to move forward.?

Giants co-owner John Mara also shared his thoughts of the Patriots? taping procedures.

?I can?t speak for everybody else, but I?m just tired of hearing about it,? he said. ?I think we?re all satisfied that it was thoroughly investigated.?

The Patriot
02-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Why are all the organizations backing us?

tony hipchest
02-21-2008, 04:02 PM

all smart organizations will follow the rooneys example and lead.

polamalu82
02-21-2008, 04:03 PM
All the teams are in the "NFL". It's not good practice to trash your other products. No matter how much the Patriots* deserve it.

klick81
02-21-2008, 04:22 PM
All the teams are in the "NFL". It's not good practice to trash your other products. No matter how much the Patriots* deserve it.

Correct. It's never good to hear that the integrity of the product you put out to the public may have been tarnished.

Personally, I hope this is ALWAYS brought up whenever the Patriots* play. They deserve it.

Dino 6 Rings
02-21-2008, 04:41 PM
This is about saving the NFL the embarressment of one teams questionable tactics. The wagons are Circled, and the head Family the Rooney's have the reigns.

Mosca
02-21-2008, 05:29 PM

Because they all want it to go away. And the reason they want it to go away is because if the truth is that cheating affected the outcomes of games, it calls into question the integrity of the results of the last 7 years.

Thing is, everyone who is not a Patriots fan now believes the worst; I sure do. And I believe that Goodell believes the worst, and that is why he destroyed the tapes that were given to him. Otherwise, why not keep them under lock and key?

Great genius coach Belichik, gets inside the other coach's mind... right. The truth is, you, and your team, and the rest of the organization, got screwed by him. Your guys were denied the opportunity to win it all fair and square, on their talent; and you got screwed because you backed a team that you will never now know how they would have fared if they hadn't cheated.

I feel bad for you. I don't put a lot of myself into team loyalty; you're just another sports fan to me, a guy who roots for a different team. You deserved better. When your team wins you should be able to razz the opposition honestly, rather than have them throw "CHEATER!" back at you... and you can't have that now.

lilyoder6
02-21-2008, 06:12 PM
the other organizations prob don't want what is happening with the mlb to happen to the nfl..... and from here on i bet that the pats will be talking about spygate and there tainted ?dynasty?

Atlanta Dan
02-21-2008, 09:20 PM
But Drudge Report has this headline tonight

NEW CHARGES OF CHEATING EMERGE AGAINST THE PATRIOTS... DEVELOPING...

http://www.drudgereport.com/

You never want to be the subject of a "developing" link on Drudge :smile:

And here is The New York Times story

The Patriots’ pattern of illicitly videotaping the signals of opposing N.F.L. coaches began in Coach Bill Belichick’s first preseason with the team in 2000, a former Patriots player said. The information was then put to use in that year’s regular-season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Belichick’s debut as New England’s head coach....

The habit of secretly taping signals, which is against league rules, continued at least through three championship seasons to the 2007 season opener against the Jets, when the Patriots were caught and subsequently sanctioned by the league.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/22/sports/football/22patriots.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

The SOB cheated as soon as he became the Pats HC - it is all tainted for the Pats

The Patriot
02-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Because they all want it to go away. And the reason they want it to go away is because if the truth is that cheating affected the outcomes of games, it calls into question the integrity of the results of the last 7 years.

Thing is, everyone who is not a Patriots fan now believes the worst; I sure do. And I believe that Goodell believes the worst, and that is why he destroyed the tapes that were given to him. Otherwise, why not keep them under lock and key?

Great genius coach Belichik, gets inside the other coach's mind... right. The truth is, you, and your team, and the rest of the organization, got screwed by him. Your guys were denied the opportunity to win it all fair and square, on their talent; and you got screwed because you backed a team that you will never now know how they would have fared if they hadn't cheated.

I feel bad for you. I don't put a lot of myself into team loyalty; you're just another sports fan to me, a guy who roots for a different team. You deserved better. When your team wins you should be able to razz the opposition honestly, rather than have them throw "CHEATER!" back at you... and you can't have that now.

Man, I hope it's not that bad. But if it is, there's always Devin Hester. Man, that guy is so fun to watch.:bouncy: