PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis signs extension

BB2W
10-29-2005, 08:03 PM
SOUTH BEND, Indiana -- It took Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis only seven games to earn a new contract.

Notre Dame has signed Weis to a new 10-year deal, the school announced Saturday.

Weis originally had signed a six-year contract through the 2010 season when he was hired last December. This new deal takes effect next season and runs through 2015.

"Since the first day I arrived at Notre Dame as head football coach, one of my primary goals was to be able to see this job through to the time my son, Charlie, would graduate from the University of Notre Dame and to stay in this position until I retire," Weis said. "By restructuring this contract, adding an additional five years, this allows me to accomplish that goal."

link.......... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2207478

steelrzgirl
10-29-2005, 08:22 PM
He cant sign that. Doesnt he know he's going to come take Cowher's job?

BB2W
10-29-2005, 08:31 PM
He cant sign that. Doesnt he know he's going to come take Cowher's job?
I like Cowher, but I though Charlie's stay in south bend would be short... I expected him to return to the NFL as soon as possible.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2005, 02:40 AM
There was talk of him getting some offers from NFL teams after the season so Im sure ND is happy to get him inked for a long time.

clevestinks
10-30-2005, 08:35 AM
This was a great move on his part and ND. There is alot less pressure at most NCAA schools , no contracts to deal with. Props to him. But Go PSU

Lyn
10-31-2005, 04:37 PM
I also do not think he will remain at ND for a decade. Ony time will tell.

Steel - X
10-31-2005, 04:43 PM
I am not sure how contracts work in college but if that was an NFL contract it would be meaningless anyway.

I dont know if any of you saw the story with the kid that gave Weis the first play he wanted to see happen during the game. When they were backed up on the one yard line.

Weis is a class act