PDA

View Full Version : How about another Foster in the Burgh!!

aclark99
02-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Deshaun Foster was just released. He has everything that a back needs to be succesful in the NFL but he just can't seem to stay healthy for a whole season. It might be a good situational back for us. Colbert was talking today about possibly drafting a back in the first three rounds. We need another back to compliment Parker. Ideas.

ShutDown24
02-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow, DeAngello Williams time has finally come in Carolina. I wouldn't mind him but doubt it will happen. He has potentiol to be a great back but yeah... People just don't know what happened to the guy.

lilyoder6
02-21-2008, 06:08 PM
i thought foster was a good back but couldn't stay healthy, he could go some where(ari) who needs someone like him with edge..

rbryan
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
He's already on the roster. His name is Willie Parker, he's from Carolina too.

Thats actually a shot at Willie because he's been relatively injury free until just lately.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
How about another Foster in the Burgh!!

And I believe you just answered your own question....

but he just can't seem to stay healthy for a whole season

How about we wait to see what our backfield looks like with an actual NFL caliber o-line playing in front of them or we can just throw money around for the hell of it?

We want a big-name, tall, starting WR for some strange odd reason yet our QB doesn't have time to throw the ball. We want another HB for some strange odd reason yet our o-line get's man handled and struggles to open up holes. :coffee:

19ward86
02-21-2008, 06:33 PM
im calling it now, he will sign with coach whiz and the cardinals.

fansince'76
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Deshaun Foster was just released. He has everything that a back needs to be succesful in the NFL but he just can't seem to stay healthy for a whole season.

IOW, he's not a NFL-caliber RB. Durability is one of the most important qualities, if not the most important, in a RB.

polamalu82
02-21-2008, 06:45 PM

How about we wait to see what our backfield looks like with an actual NFL caliber o-line playing in front of them or we can just throw money around for the hell of it?

We want a big-name, tall, starting WR for some strange odd reason yet our QB doesn't have time to throw the ball. We want another HB for some strange odd reason yet our o-line get's man handled and struggles to open up holes. :coffee:

You and I must have the same thoughts. Every time I go to post a comment you have already said what I was going to post. Damn you.:sofunny:

Preacher
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM

league minimum? I say sure.. otherwise...

Yep... we spend our money on the o line and with what we have left, a reciever.

Elvis
02-21-2008, 07:31 PM
I think with some tweaking in our Oline, I think that we will be ok. I do think though that we need to draft an OT or OG very early in this draft, and I really think it should be in that order at 1 and 2. I think that we can resign Max Starks and as bad as I hate to say it... maybe it is a good idea to try to keep Faneca around for atleast 2 more years. If he would be willing to take less money to stay here then I think we could keep him. But if he isnt willing to do that, then Good Rithens'.

Stlrs4Life
02-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Maybe a couple of seasons ago, not no more.

polamalu82
02-21-2008, 07:39 PM
I think with some tweaking in our Oline, I think that we will be ok. I do think though that we need to draft an OT or OG very early in this draft, and I really think it should be in that order at 1 and 2. I think that we can resign Max Starks and as bad as I hate to say it... maybe it is a good idea to try to keep Faneca around for atleast 2 more years. If he would be willing to take less money to stay here then I think we could keep him. But if he isnt willing to do that, then Good Rithens'.

Its a good thought,but Faneca is as good as gone. I'm curious to see how they move the old o-line and rookies around.

revefsreleets
02-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow...and people actually question Jerome Bettis getting in on a first ballot to the HOF? Big backs ALWAYS break down. They can't carry the load, day to day, week to week, year to year. That's exactly why successful one's are so rare, and also why they are mostly only effective in "thunder and lightning" scenarios.

And WHY do people continue to bandy around the term "league minimum"? The only players who sign for league minimum are guys nobody ever heard of, and that's also usually for a very good and valid reason. Foster will still command a pretty penny.

MDSteel15
02-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Way to many injuries....

Rhee Rhee
02-22-2008, 12:39 AM
no need...

maybe if willie doesn't recover from that broken leg then sign someone else but definitely NOT deshaun foster... i swear he peaked like 2-3 years ago in the playoffs and has been on the downward spiral of his career..

Galax Steeler
02-22-2008, 03:50 AM
His injuries and fumbling problems I say no unless he takes league minimum.

stlrtruck
02-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Haven't we had enough of RBs not being healthy and just standing on the sidelines modeling the gray sweats?

Or is it just me?

steelymcmatt
02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
First of all, have to agree with the general consensus on Foster....too many injuries, too many fumbles, too much money, and too similiar to FAST WILLIE. What we need is a real physical, Jerome Bettis type to complement Parker (see Lorenzo Neal, TJ Duckett, Mewelde Moore).

As far as Faneca goes, I'm not sure how well he fits into the new plan to open up the offense. IMHO his pass protection has dropped off the last 2-3 years.

Dino 6 Rings
02-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Still more interested in Gandy and Muhammad on the FA market.

Foster, not thanks, we have Wilie, Najeh is still on the team for now, Russell and Davis seemed to do well last year when they saw time...

Only back I want...is Steven Jackson from the Rams. I'd give up a 3rd pick in 2067 and a 2nd round pick in 2024 to get that guy. Stupid Rams would probably take that deal too! :sofunny:

tony hipchest
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
is barry fosters son available?

i would love to pry michael bush away from the raiders. but he will probably be the "thunder" to fargas' "lightning".

there is speculation l. jordan and d. rhodes will be released. both would be worth an interview.

BlastFurnace
02-22-2008, 10:15 AM
No. I would rather go with Gary Russell before I signed a guy like Foster.