PDA

View Full Version : My Updated Steelers Choices

Elvis
02-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I am trying to be as realistic as possible with these players. I think that our needs look like this in no particular order other than O line being no.1 in my opinion.
1. Offensive lineman ( a Left Tackle Preferrably)
OG
DE
WR
FS and MLB
These are the players on my interest list, Feel free to Add Your players and thoughts please.
OT Chris Williams 6' 6" 320 lbs ( I have to think that he will be an LOT and that is where we need the help the most I think)
OG Roy Schuening 6' 4" 317 lbs Oregon State (monster who looked great at senior bowl)
DE Kendall Langford 6' 6" 294 lbs Hampton ( this guy is No Longer a Unknown in my opinion and he could go early to mid 2nd round )
OG Robert Felton 6' 4" 328 Arkansas ( a proven nasty run blocking OG)
WR Jordy Nelson 6' 3" 217 Kansas St.
DB Patrick Lee 6' 0" 200 lbs Auburn
FS/S Brian Bonner 5' 11" 203 lbs TCU and
Marcus Griffin 6' 0" 202 lbs Texas ( this could be the steal of the draft)
FB Jacob Hester LSU
DE/DT Andre Fluellen 6' 4" 280 lbs FSU
C Cody Wallace 6' 4" 294 lbs Texas A&M ( Bulldozer )
RB Lex Hilliard 6' 0" 242 lbs Montana and
Xavier Omon 5' 11" 220 N W Missouri St.
Career Stats: 1,271 att. 7,073 yards 92 TD's 90 Rec. 6 TD's

Give It To Abercrombie
02-23-2008, 01:27 PM
I like several guys on your list, here are some of my thoughts. Guys I am trying to keep an eye on through the combine.

DT (to play end for now but could slide inside if we eventually go 4-3)
Balmer - UNC 1st
Sims - Auburn 1st
Moore - Maryland 2nd
Laws - Notre Dame 2nd

OT
Williams - Vandy 1st love what I have seen today.
Otah - Pitt 1st playing really stiff, looks more like a RT than LT today.
Cherilus - BC 1st RT for a decade
Collins - Kansas 2nd
Richardson - Clemson 2nd seen this guy listed anywhere from 2nd - 6th, just not sure
Benedict - Newberry 3rd small school but has potential, great athlete

OG
Rachal/Schuening/Albert I'd be thrilled with any of these guys. Schuening might be there in the 2nd but the others would have to be 1st rounders, not crazy about going guard in round 1.

CB
lots of guys here, too many to list em all, realistically...
Flowers in the 2nd
Godfrey in the 3rd

C
Was impressed with both Justice and Pollak, wouldn't mind seeing Legursky in 4/5

Lots of other guys in other positions, but these are the positions I hope we address the most.

DACEB
02-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Cody Wallace is no bulldozer, he got bulldozed all Senior Bowl!!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I want either Chris Williams or Brandon Albert in the first....I would like Ryan Clady also but he won't be there when the Steelers pick in the first....Otah is looking more like a project more and more.....The Steelers can't afford to wait on a guy for a year or two...They need OL that can play right away....The Chargers and Colts the past two years had rookies start at LT....Plus Marcus McNeil and Tony Ugoh were 2nd round picks....

If Williams and Albert are both gone....Then the Steelers should look at DL or a corner....Plus either a WR or RB......

lilyoder6
02-23-2008, 04:16 PM
jacob hester is a good player but i think he is a tweener at fullback.. if u are gonna look at fb i would go after owen from wvu.. he's a true fb

Rhee Rhee
02-23-2008, 05:53 PM
i just want an OG and OT in the first 2 rounds...

players that i want in the first 2 include:

chilo rachal
branden albert
chris williams
jeff otah

i won't be too satisfied with anyone else...