PDA

View Full Version : Steelers best game?

UK STEELERS
02-24-2008, 12:31 AM
i didnt get 2 many games of last season & have vowed myself 2 get more involved with them & become more of a fan.. so in your personal opinion what was the steelers best game of last season?

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Steelers vs. Seahawks.

Lord Stiller
02-24-2008, 12:44 AM
this one is easy

Steelers vs Ravens at home on Monday night

Big Ben had 5 tds in the first half

Harrison pretty much had one of the best games by a defensive player ever in the history of the NFL

Rhee Rhee
02-24-2008, 12:51 AM
jaxville playoff game...

freakin incredible one of the few times i enjoy a steelers loss... truly one of the few...

Sharkissle29
02-24-2008, 01:00 AM
jaxville playoff game...

freakin incredible one of the few times i enjoy a steelers loss... truly one of the few...

i would agree with you there, no other game had me screaming more than that one....they put up an awesome effort at the end.

fansince'76
02-24-2008, 01:03 AM
this one is easy

Steelers vs Ravens at home on Monday night

Big Ben had 5 tds in the first half

Harrison pretty much had one of the best games by a defensive player ever in the history of the NFL

Steelers vs. Seahawks.

One of the above two games. I'd personally lean towards the Seattle game as it was a shutout and the 'Hawks were a playoff team (and it featured the offense's best drive of the season), but you really aren't wrong picking either.

Preacher
02-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Ravens game...

Cause I was there!!!

jjpro11
02-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Ravens game...

Cause I was there!!!

seahawks game...

cause i was there!!!

Dodt
02-24-2008, 02:09 AM
season opener vs the brownies.

The Duke
02-24-2008, 02:19 AM
jaxville playoff game...

both jax games for me, even though we loss

team fought real hard at the end to comeback, just couldn't finish the job

but we'll get them next year :tt02:

sherlock
02-24-2008, 02:26 AM
jaxville playoff game...

Because I`m so new to the Steelers I would have to agree with Rhee Rhee.
It was one of the most exciting sporting contests I`ve ever seen....such drama!

Despite losing I was proud of the Steelers.
I`ve only seen the Steelers on telly on two occasions....both times against Jacksonville!
Bloody Jags!

bratsinmybelly
02-24-2008, 02:53 AM
The Dolphins game for sure!:sofunny::drooling::drooling::drooling:

sherlock
02-24-2008, 03:05 AM
The Dolphins game for sure!:sofunny::drooling::drooling::drooling:

Good one! :sofunny:

I get an NFL/Steeler joke!!!!....woohoo!!!!!!:smile:

Perhaps I`m actually starting to understand this game....is that a light at the end of the tunnel I see!

Edman
02-24-2008, 04:13 AM
Even though we lost, the Steelers playoff game against the Fags.

The beaten-up injury-riddled Steelers staged an incredible comeback from 28-10 against Jacksonville(who was actually favored in this game). Only to lose on a last second field goal. They went down, but they went down swinging. That is all I could want in a loss.

If I were a Jaguar fan, I wouldn't gloat about winning. We'll get them next year.

Honorable mention goes to Big Ben and Silverback's destruction of the despicable Ravens on Monday Night. Especially after what happened in 2006.

UK STEELERS
02-24-2008, 04:28 AM
I hope steelers play a game in the UK so i can go

pidots
02-24-2008, 08:28 AM
home game against the Brownies. Defense and offense were awesome at that one but the ST sucked. Great game

Galax Steeler
02-24-2008, 08:46 AM
I would have to say the ratbird game just lit them up.

VTsteel
02-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Tough one . . . Definitely a toss up between Shutting out the Seahawks or Watching us POUND the Rat-birds.
It was awesome watching Harrison turn in a 10 tackle, 3 1/2 sack, interception and fumble recovery night against the Rat-birds. And Bens 5 td's was icing on the cake. But, when it comes right down to it I have to pick the shutout in week 5 as our best game - I would rather get a shutout any day. If they never score . . . you NEVER lose.

Honorable mention to the playoff loss to the faguars. Our best game is never one we lose - However, it was one damn exciting game. Just a terrible ending.

Dizzle43
02-24-2008, 11:52 AM
It has to be the Monday Night game against the crappy Ravens. Even though they had a lot of injuries especially at corner it was a lot of fun watching Ben tear them to shreds on MNF. Also Harrison's game was one to remember. That hit he put on Ed Reed and the way the ball flew straight up in the air was nothing short of awesome.

jjpro11
02-24-2008, 01:46 PM

good pick.. i was there for that one too. it felt like a steelers home game in our section. nothing better than destroying the browns in their stadium.

NV STEELERS 723
02-24-2008, 07:05 PM
STEELERS game vs Ravens..... cause I was there in spirit w/ Preacher !

Rhee Rhee
02-24-2008, 07:34 PM
both jax games for me, even though we loss

team fought real hard at the end to comeback, just couldn't finish the job

but we'll get them next year :tt02:

get them? no,no,no

own them, pummel them, embarras them, beat them so bad they cry... :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
02-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Who Dey!

Both wins over the Bengals, because they still haven't beaten us since Whoseyamamma wiped his cleats with a Terrible Towel.

The Miami game was classic too. Field conditions were a nightmare and we had to kick a field goal to win, 3-0.

CanadianSteel
02-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Home game against the Stains, cause I was at that game !
First home game since 2002 i'd been too.

Very nice comeback also didn't hurt.....

TeeJay
02-25-2008, 02:22 PM
There are three that spring to mind. The shut-out of the SeaSquawks, The Demolition of The Rat-Birds, and the Miami Mud Bowl at Heinz Field.

But for me.....it has to be the Monday Nighter against the Rat-Birds. Live on Channel 5in the UK; so there I was, at 02:00am, beer and nibbles at the ready....and boy what a game. Awesome.....and watching the face of Ray Lewis........priceless.:tt02::cheer:

And several weeks later, another live game.....(two live Steeler games in one Season!! :bouncy:) Thank you Channel 5! :cheers: A score of 3-0 should never have been that entertaining!!

The_WARDen
02-25-2008, 04:30 PM
i would agree with you there, no other game had me screaming more than that one....they put up an awesome effort at the end.

must of been a different ending that I watched. My ending had the offense play turtle ball and then the defense came up small again and allowed a game winning drive.

That was neither exciting nor awesome...

SteelersJW
02-25-2008, 06:46 PM
At home against the Ravens. Ben had 5 touchdown passes and our defense completely shut down the Ravens with great plays highlighted by those of James Harrison. The victory was especially elevated by the members of the 75th Anniversery team. What better game could you possibly ask for?

UK STEELERS
02-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Fantastic, great selection of games there it seems?

Is there anywhaere online with some highlights of these games?

VTsteel
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
For Highlights and interviews . . . nfl.com . . . videos

Then choose "Teams" . . . Pittsburgh Steelers . . . .and our whole season is there

Sorry, my post count isn't high enough to actually post the link - or I would have.

aries4972
02-27-2008, 04:29 PM
1st baltimore game :tt02:

UK STEELERS
02-28-2008, 08:20 AM
cheers, i will find my way around that site, probs with ease...

Time to go & watch the mighty steelers...

tunes4life
02-28-2008, 11:02 AM

Gotta agree about this one. I was so worried with the new coach and the loss of Porter. It was great to see them come out clicking on all cylinders to embarrass the Stains.

:sofunny: