PDA

View Full Version : Darren McFadden - Fast In Many Ways

Atlanta Dan
02-24-2008, 06:11 PM
This news from the combine

News got out that Arkansas running back Darren McFadden is not only battling a paternity suit, but that he told a team during an interview Saturday night that he has two children on the way.:dang: In addition to meeting with the Falcons, he met with the Raiders, who pick fourth in the draft, and several other teams.

McFadden created a major buzz at the NFL scouting combine when he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.27 seconds on Sunday.

McFadden ran right after Georgia running back Kregg Lumpkin ran a 4.64. On McFadden’s second timed 40-yard run, he was clocked at 4.33 seconds.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/falcons/entries/2008/02/24/combine_report.html

A 4.27 40 overcomes a lot of "character" concerns :smile:

With that kind of speed Osama Bin Laden would be a top 5 pick

polamalu82
02-24-2008, 06:29 PM
His character issues can be addressed with a clause in his contract. There was a guy who ran faster than him. It was Chris Johnson from East Carolina with a 4.24. Mike Mayock said it was the fastest time he ever seen.

lilyoder6
02-24-2008, 11:18 PM
a 4.27 alone will get him a top 5 pick... here comes the money!!!!!!

Preacher
02-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Unfortunately, 4.27 doesn't seem fast enough... 3 kids by 3 different mothers?

Nope, not fast enough.

verks36
02-24-2008, 11:24 PM
ya he is crazy fast

He is going to be great pro I dont think you can rag on him for the kids as long as he isnt committing any crimes then he is alright in my book

fansince'76
02-24-2008, 11:27 PM
I dont think you can rag on him for the kids as long as he isnt committing any crimes then he is alright in my book

I dunno - if I'm a GM, I would have a hard time giving an 8-figure contract to someone who is so obviously irresponsible, but that's just me. Plenty of other kids with major talent that don't have a problem with knocking up anything that walks to choose from.

Preacher
02-24-2008, 11:33 PM
I dunno - if I'm a GM, I would have a hard time giving an 8-figure contract to someone who is so obviously irresponsible, but that's just me. Plenty of other kids with major talent that don't have a problem when it comes to knocking up anything that walks to choose from.

Yep...

And sorry, but 3 children... 2 on the way at the same time from different mothers? That is purely irresponsible.

I am not even talking about the issue of morality... Just responsibility. There is a MAJOR responsibility in the act of creating human life. If you treat it like a crap shoot or a saturday night bowling league... it just doesn't say much about your character.

Rhee Rhee
02-25-2008, 04:03 AM
how hard is it to just put on a condom... u'd think he'd have wised up by his third time.. idiot! :dang::banging:

CantStop85
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't be upset if his "character problems" dropped him to 9.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-25-2008, 10:43 AM
I dunno - if I'm a GM, I would have a hard time giving an 8-figure contract to someone who is so obviously irresponsible, but that's just me. Plenty of other kids with major talent that don't have a problem with knocking up anything that walks to choose from.

Oh but wait....hasn't the Golden Boy Tom Brady set a precedent with this already. McFadden just wants to act like the "Big Boys"...right?

The Duke
02-25-2008, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't be upset if his "character problems" dropped him to 9.

why do you want more "character problems" on the bengals? :dang:

lol, what about kenny watson, and kenny irons? If I remember correctly the bengals have lots of defensive problems they have to fix before even considering a RB

rbryan
02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Shhhhhhhhh, don't wake up anyone in Cincy, I think RB at #1 is a fine decision. Who needs a defense when you have all that firepower on offense. Maybe if thier real lucky Andre Woodson will be available at #2.

The Duke
02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Shhhhhhhhh, don't wake up anyone in Cincy, I think RB at #1 is a fine decision. Who needs a defense when you have all that firepower on offense. Maybe if thier real lucky Andre Woodson will be available at #2.

they don't need a QB, they got the Palmer brothers :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-25-2008, 11:18 AM
they don't need a QB, they got the Palmer brothers :wink02:

Righty and Lefty.

Dino 6 Rings
02-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I live in Arkansas, and have followed D-mac's career. the guy has been in bar fights, and runs with his brother who is nothing but trouble down in Little Rock. Kids on the way is the least of this guy's character issues.

He's a stud, no doubt about it, if he didn't have baggage he'd be a great player in the NFL, but he's one step away from being a thug, no good, drug using draft bust. Kind of like a Bengal.

rbryan
02-25-2008, 11:46 AM
So what your saying is that McFad will fit right in with Marv's master plan.

Just think, If Woodson could learn to cornhole from both the right and left side ........wow.......... we might not beat the bunglers for the next ten years.

Dino 6 Rings
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM
So what your saying is that McFad will fit right in with Marv's master plan.

Just think, If Woodson could learn to cornhole from both the right and left side ........wow.......... we might not beat the bunglers for the next ten years.

Doesn't matter who's on the roster when they are suspended :flap:

CantStop85
02-25-2008, 04:05 PM
why do you want more "character problems" on the bengals? :dang:

lol, what about kenny watson, and kenny irons? If I remember correctly the bengals have lots of defensive problems they have to fix before even considering a RB

Kenny Watson is 30 years old. Kenny Irons tore his ACL, still isn't 100% and may never be quite the same. Rudi Johnson is broken down, and Chris Perry has never been able to stay healthy.

Yeah, ideally the Bengals snatch a big-time defensive player with that #9 pick, but with Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, and Vernon Gholston most likely gone by that point, and if you have a game-changing running back sitting there at a spot where you have a lot of question marks, it's hard to pass up.

The organization has already indicated that if McFadden slips that far, they would be hard-pressed not to pick him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2008, 04:20 PM
OK, Santonio Holmes didnt exactly win father of the year in his draft year either, but that being said, I am fine if McFadden ended up with the Bungles. He is fast with pencil thin legs and cant run between the tackles well.

Most people forget the hashmarks are different in the NFL than in college, so guys with east-west speed dont excel unless they can run north south. See Reggie Bush.

Dino 6 Rings
02-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Dmac's running problem isn't that he won't run between tackles. He's been running between tackles for 3 years in the SEC. The guy's problem is that he takes a beating. yes he also has very thin legs, but he always lowers the shoulder and goes for the "hit" instead of knowing to get out of bounds or to go down. He'll find running between the tackles a little harder at the NFL level because of the size and speed of linebackers. Also, the Corners and Safeties at this level hit a little harder, but you must also realize, the SEC sends more defensive players to the NFL every year and he's been playing against these guys for a while now.