PDA

View Full Version : DL Justin Smith

Lord Stiller
02-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Steelers | Team expected to pursue J. Smith
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:09:07 -0800

Carlos Holmes, of the Dayton Daily News, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to pursue Cincinnati Bengals DL Justin Smith when free agency begins Feb. 29.

DACEB
02-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Don't like it!

What about Kelly 6'6" 299lbs from Oak., he'd come alot cheaper and he's younger.

Da Steeler Soprano
02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
I love it! Ill be the first one to say Keisel is a bust, cut him or trade him.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Keisel can still be a valuable asset on special teams and a decent backup.

Jeremy
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
He seems like a good kid who's also a pretty good football player. He's 28, which means he has 3-4 more good years left.

I like the idea.

Lord Stiller
02-25-2008, 02:53 PM

no need to get dramatic

Keisel still has good value on the team as a situational pass rusher and special teams player

after seeing our D fall apart when Aaron Smith got hurt, we def. need to add depth

yinzer-inseattle
02-25-2008, 03:14 PM
no need to get dramatic

Keisel still has good value on the team as a situational pass rusher and special teams player

after seeing our D fall apart when Aaron Smith got hurt, we def. need to add depth

Agree, if it puts the spotlight/ heat on anyone its Nick Eason and Ryan McBean.

The_WARDen
02-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Steelers | Team expected to pursue J. Smith
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:09:07 -0800

Carlos Holmes, of the Dayton Daily News, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to pursue Cincinnati Bengals DL Justin Smith when free agency begins Feb. 29.

I dunno...is bringing in Bungle players a good thing?

WVSteeler
02-25-2008, 03:39 PM
This is probably the one Bungal I respect. His motor never shuts off. Sign him.

Dino 6 Rings
02-25-2008, 03:55 PM
is the the Steelers are interested in him, or is he interested in the Steelers...he's probably leaked the story to get his butt out of Cincy and play for a real team.

CantStop85
02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Apparently the niners want him pretty badly and look willing to pay a hefty price.

19ward86
02-25-2008, 07:11 PM
already posted.

Steeldude
02-25-2008, 08:26 PM
i read the steelers will not pursue him because they feel he is strictly a 4-3 end

aclark99
02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
I think if this is true then he wil be a major upgrade. At this point in his career money might not be a big deal since he got a great deal last year being franchised. He wants to be on a winning team and the 49ers are not a winning team. Justin might just be a Steeler before we know it. Hence the recent releases of 3 players.

Steel Pit
02-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Walk away from this one Steelers, I'm telling you WALK AWAY!

This is reminiscent of a dude at the club, he's got his eye on some hot looking chick, they're eyeing one another, they're about to connect, and then out of nowhere, the dudes buddy steps in, takes him aside and informs him that he knows the chick and there's something REALLY FISHY about her.

Just walk away Steelers. If you want to upgrade the DE position then find someone else. Smith is not the answer. You'll just regret it in the morning.

aclark99
02-25-2008, 10:44 PM
If my memory is correct, I believe the Steelers were interested in Smith when he came out of Missouri. He is the perfect end for our 3-4 defense. He was just stuck on a very poor defensive team. Marvin Lewis should have been fired this season and for some stinkin reason he is still there Smith as a high motor and doesn't quit. He loves playing for Lebeau. Remember, Jerome was on the decline when he was with the Rams and look what he turned into for the Steelers. I don't think we wil break the bank signing Smith but I believe the upside is there and it might just solidify the DE positions - Smith & Smith.

Dizzle43
02-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Why all the bashing of Kiesel?? I don't think he has done anything to deserve that. He came in and played very well on special teams. He did a pretty good job this year starting at DE. He's not an all-star, but then who would expect him to be?? I think he played pretty good this year.

Steeldude
02-26-2008, 12:56 AM
If my memory is correct, I believe the Steelers were interested in Smith when he came out of Missouri. He is the perfect end for our 3-4 defense. He was just stuck on a very poor defensive team. Marvin Lewis should have been fired this season and for some stinkin reason he is still there Smith as a high motor and doesn't quit. He loves playing for Lebeau. Remember, Jerome was on the decline when he was with the Rams and look what he turned into for the Steelers. I don't think we wil break the bank signing Smith but I believe the upside is there and it might just solidify the DE positions - Smith & Smith.

smith is 275. that's rather small more for a D-lineman for the steelers' 3-4.

Galax Steeler
02-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Not throwing off on kiesel but I would be willing to give smith a shot never know what happens when you shake things up a little.

DACEB
02-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Why all the bashing of Kiesel?? I don't think he has done anything to deserve that. He came in and played very well on special teams. He did a pretty good job this year starting at DE. He's not an all-star, but then who would expect him to be?? I think he played pretty good this year.

Kiesel has performed well, he just basically can't handle being an every down 3-4 DE. The team needs depth on the D-line, and it should'nt be much of a stretch to actually get someone to come in and spell Kiesel without much of a droppoff. Eason and, as of right now, McBean are not the answers.

Smith would not be able to handle being an every down 3-4 DE either. He would end up just like Kiesel, he would have to gain a few pounds and that would limit his pass rush, which is'nt much to speak of now.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-26-2008, 07:04 AM
http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl

Here is the link

DACEB
02-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Don't like it!

What about Kelly 6'6" 299lbs from Oak., he'd come alot cheaper and he's younger.

The Steelers obviously did'nt try hard enough to get this guy!:banging: lol

Are you kidding me Oak., way to drive up the market!!:banging:

mastermind1967
02-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Is it that McBean and Eason need more time to develop, like Harrison did, before they become starters, or are they that bad?

lilyoder6
02-29-2008, 09:16 AM
i agree 7 yrs for 50 mil for an avg player.. no all the dumbass dt are going to be asking for way too much whether they are good or not

dunkuntou
02-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Is it that McBean and Eason need more time to develop, like Harrison did, before they become starters, or are they that bad?

With McBean he does need more time to develop. I think in time he will be effective but he tends to be a little to lazy.

Eason has peaked and probably won't be back. I would expect to see him come back since the Steelers do want to get younger on the defensive line and essentially 5 spots are guaranteed (Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Casey Hampton, Travis Kirschke, Chris Hoke) with McBean having a good shot to make the team. If they decide to go with 7, which is pushing it for a team that runs the 3-4, it will be a draft selection