PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Steelers tickets at face value?

klick81
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
So i've decided that I will be making the pilgrimage from the City of Angels to Pittsburgh when the Cowgirls meet up with the Black & Gold this coming season.

I know I can get tickets at a ridiculous high price at numerous websites like ebay and stub hub, but does anyone here know where/how to get home tickets for at least CLOSE to face value? Mods, if this is the wrong section, please move! Thanks.

nojobny
02-25-2008, 10:06 PM
hey, I'd sell you mine but they've been spoken for since 2005. I always suggest the steelers tix exchange through ticketmaster but you're going to have to wait until at least July when season tix holders get their seats.

Who knew 5 years ago when they released the opponents for 2008 that having Indy, the cowboys and the giants come to Heinz in the same year was going to be such a huge deal.

SteelCityMan786
02-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Ticketmaster handles the individual sale.

klick81
02-26-2008, 10:40 AM
hey, I'd sell you mine but they've been spoken for since 2005. I always suggest the steelers tix exchange through ticketmaster but you're going to have to wait until at least July when season tix holders get their seats.

Who knew 5 years ago when they released the opponents for 2008 that having Indy, the cowboys and the giants come to Heinz in the same year was going to be such a huge deal.

Cool, I appreciate the offer. Too bad they've been gone for 3 years! I guess these tickets are going to be a hot item this coming season huh.

Ticketmaster handles the individual sale.

I'm not sure how it is with Pittsburgh ticket sales, but the last two years the Steelers came to San Diego, it was IMPOSSIBLE to purchase tickets through ticketmaster.

First, the Chargers decided that in order to purchase tickets for the Steelers game, you had to purchase a three game package (the other two teams were the 49ers and the Rams). PFFT. Fine.

Let's say you were willing to do that, you STILL had no chance of getting tickets because somehow some way, other ticket agencies get first dibs and bump up the prices 4x.

If you get a 3 year subscription to Steeler's Digest , I think they offer you a chance at 2 face value tickets for some games. Also, under the new rules ticketmaster sells the 5000 seats that are not PSLed, anyone help me here with when they do that? If I remember several posters from here had very good luck with that last year. I on the other hand had no flexibility in my schedule and ended up paying 200 a seat.DOOhhh

What's 'PSLed'?

Stu Pidasso
02-26-2008, 08:18 PM
I tried the Ticketmaster thing last year, they told me tix go on sale at 10am. I sat, waited, furiously pounded the keyboard, and was told they were not available at 10:01.

klick81
02-26-2008, 10:47 PM
I tried the Ticketmaster thing last year, they told me tix go on sale at 10am. I sat, waited, furiously pounded the keyboard, and was told they were not available at 10:01.

Yep, that's the kinda BS i expect to encounter through Ticketmaster.