PDA

View Full Version : McCain's running mate?

TroysBadDawg
02-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Does anybody think that he may pick or ask Condoleezza Rice? And would she accept the nod.

Just for a point of discussion, she is of color, ( challenge Obama votes due to color,) she is also a women (same with Hillary Clinton.)

She does not have any negative that I have found that can make cannon fodder, unlike both Clinton.

She would cover two bases at once no matter who won the Democratic nod.

Just wondering or will he choose Huckabee, or someone else. Okay, start your fingers and lets see how this one flies.

HometownGal
02-26-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't see McCain choosing Huckabee, but Condoleezza is a possibility and a viable candidate imho. However, I envision McCain choosing Tim Pawlenty who could seriously help McCain with the conservative vote, an area where McCain doesn't have a whole lot of strength right now. He's also fairly young and the Governor of Minnesota, which could be a key swing state in this election.

tony hipchest
02-26-2008, 08:40 AM
rice said a day or 2 ago, she dont wanna be VP.

the best case scenario (and what i feel would ultimately be best for the people) would be bill richardson. unfortunately, the true powers that be, would never allow a split ticket.

i dont say this because i want a dem in the white house some how, some way. if richardson were prez and he had to choose between obama, hilary, and mccain, i would want mccain.

the polarity of our 2 party system is a bit disturbing, especially in a time of war. a shake up would be nice. again, it'll never happen though.

TackleMeBen
02-26-2008, 09:03 AM
i would love to see huckabee as mccain's running mate, however i dont think a mccain/huckabee ticket would beat the democrat nomination. i agree with tony ,richardson would be a good choice but you wont see a split party ticket.

HometownGal
02-26-2008, 09:21 AM
the best case scenario (and what i feel would ultimately be best for the people) would be bill richardson. unfortunately, the true powers that be, would never allow a split ticket.

I would love to see a split ticket, but as you said, that is never going to happen. I wouldn't mind at all seeing a McCain/Richardson ticket. I've done a lot of reading on Richardson, at your suggestion a few months back, and other than a few of his stances on particular issues (the Iraq war being one of them), I am quite impressed with him. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Lieberman on the McCain ticket, but I don't see that happening because he, like McCain, isn't popular with conservatives.

Preacher
02-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I agree... a split ticket just won't happen.

He will lose too many votes from the pro-life people... and lose too many votes from the Reagan wing of the GOP.

Condi won't do him any favors. She is seen as a sellout. She said at one point that she never faced racism growing up. that will get blown up into a HUGE issue and she will be caste as not "really" a black person.

The only way McCain wins... is to pull from the base. Huckabee is too far left on economic issues. The smart choice, would be a young strong conservative.

Who that is? I don't know.

tony hipchest
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
The smart choice, would be a young strong conservative.

Who that is? I don't know.in that case, i nominate HTG.

(boy, what a suckass i am) :smile:

HometownGal
02-26-2008, 01:46 PM
in that case, i nominate HTG.

(boy, what a suckass i am) :smile:

:toofunny::toofunny::buttkick:

I'm not young and I'm not conservative. Guess 1 out of 3 aint bad - LOL!:cheers:

The only way McCain wins... is to pull from the base. Huckabee is too far left on economic issues. The smart choice, would be a young strong conservative.

Father - Tim Pawlenty is fairly young (47) and fits the bill, imho, as a strong conservative. McCain would be wise to strongly consider him as it would increase his support with the conservative voter base.

Preacher
02-26-2008, 01:51 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::buttkick:

I'm not young and I'm not conservative. Guess 1 out of 3 aint bad - LOL!:cheers:

Father - Tim Pawlenty is fairly young (47) and fits the bill, imho, as a strong conservative. McCain would be wise to strongly consider him as it would increase his support with the conservative voter base.

:sofunny: To the first comment!

To the second... the problem is, I don't know who Pawlenty is. The question will be, who does outside his region?

One of the biggest things that I think got Bush elected, was the fact that Cheney was the VP candidate. He pulled national name recognition.

TackleMeBen
02-26-2008, 03:06 PM
i will vote for whoever is on the republican ticket. but i dont trust romney. there is just something about him.

Preacher
02-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Its funny...

As much as I dislike Romney, he would be a good vp for this ticket. He will solidify the NE for McCain, possibly pulling from an area that has been HEAVILY democrat as of late.

He would solidify the base... though personally I don't trust him as a conservative... many do for some reason....

That would only leave the south...

However, the south could go to the dems this year with Obama running... as the black vote will be heavy.

Real interesting time in politics.

tony hipchest
02-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Real interesting time in politics.its shaping up to be like picking a team to root for in a patriots/cowboys super bowl. :banging:

Atlanta Dan
02-26-2008, 04:29 PM
its shaping up to be like picking a team to root for in a patriots/cowboys super bowl. :banging:

No - that would have involved HRC as one of the candidates:smile:

Flavor of the week for a McCain running mate is Senator Hutchison from Texas (on the theory women that would normally vote Democrat will be pi**ed HRC did not get nominated & would be amenable to voting GOP if a woman was on the Republican ticket) or Governor Crist from Florida (who is very popular in a state the GOP probably cannot afford to lose to make the electoral math work in November).

IMO this election will be all about Obama just as the Super Bowl was all about the Pats - the emotions pro & con that he stirs will decide the election and IMO we have no concept yet how passionate it is going to get in the general election - as someone old enough to remember the 60s I just pray this does not end up as it did for JFK, Dr. King & Bobby.

Steeler in Carolina
02-26-2008, 05:07 PM
I think it will be Charlie Crist from Florida.

stillers4me
02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
a little off topic......

My son just called me and told me to watch for him on the news in Cinci tonight. McCain was at his work for 4 hours today. He works for Armour Holdings. They make the new MRAP vehicles for the military. (Mine Resistant Abush Protected). All the major news stations were there. Pretty cool.......

TackleMeBen
02-26-2008, 06:54 PM
wow that is cool stillers4me.. how is that granddaughter..

stillers4me
02-26-2008, 06:57 PM
wow that is cool stillers4me.. how is that granddaughter..

Still perfect! :wink02:

On a side note......Obama spoke at UC yesterday (University of Cincinnati) and called them the "Bobcats'. Last I heard, they were still called the Bearcats..........:sofunny:

TackleMeBen
02-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Still perfect! :wink02:

On a side note......Obama spoke at UC yesterday (University of Cincinnati) and called them the "Bobcats'. Last I heard, they were still called the Bearcats..........:sofunny:

so when are we going to get to see new pictures???? that is about as good as kerry coming to detroit and saying that the buckeyes are the best..

Crushzilla
02-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Just for a point of discussion, she is of color, ( challenge Obama votes due to color,) she is also a women (same with Hillary Clinton.)

Of color?

Troy, you're the lovable old man no one can get upset with :sofunny:

As far as the Reps go, they NEED someone who is going to bring the conservatives to the door. Some will vote just to spoil the Democrats trying to put a non-white man into the oval office, but that's hardly a solid platform to rally the Conservatives to McCain :sofunny:

To be honest with you, the entire idea of picking a running mate to counter what your opponent is doing just seems idiotic. How dumb would the Republicans be insisting the American people are if they chose a woman just because she's a woman.

Instead they should be looking for someone who COMPLIMENTS McCain. In this case, its going to have to be someone a little more Conservative.

I personally don't like Huckabee, but he would certainly do the trick... then again... I'm a registered Democrat... so meh...

TackleMeBen
02-26-2008, 07:37 PM
i am a registered republican..lol.. so i would love to see huckabee on the ticket.

Crushzilla
02-26-2008, 07:40 PM
i am a registered republican..lol.. so i would love to see huckabee on the ticket.

Haha. I didn't mean it like that.

While I am registered Demo, i would NEVER rule out a Republican nominee. If I felt that they were the best choice, I would surely want them as president.

My party registration has nothing to do with my not liking Huckabee. I just don't like him! :sofunny:

(Though I admire his fervor)

TackleMeBen
02-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Haha. I didn't mean it like that.

While I am registered Demo, i would NEVER rule out a Republican nominee. If I felt that they were the best choice, I would surely want them as president.

My party registration has nothing to do with my not liking Huckabee. I just don't like him! :sofunny:

(Though I admire his fervor)

i usually only vote republican. but i really dont like mccain and i just cant vote for anyone on the democratic side...lol... but it could be worse. i could be like my mother who knows nothing about politics and when she goes to vote she takes a list of people to vote for given to her by my brother.. so does that mean in a way he is voting twice??lol

SteelCityMan786
02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I don't see McCain choosing Huckabee, but Condoleezza is a possibility and a viable candidate imho. However, I envision McCain choosing Tim Pawlenty who could seriously help McCain with the conservative vote, an area where McCain doesn't have a whole lot of strength right now. He's also fairly young and the Governor of Minnesota, which could be a key swing state in this election.

If I were McCain I would want a pretty conservative candidate for sure to run with me. Considering all the issues that he is having picking up the big time conservative vote, if he picks up the big votes in some very crucial states, he will end up keeping the Republicans in the White House. Day 1 for him it's time to clean up the mess and take out the trash.

TackleMeBen
02-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Day 1 for him it's time to clean up the mess and take out the trash.

starting with nancy pelosi :thumbsup:

stillers4me
02-26-2008, 08:01 PM

I second that motion.......... :cheers:

TackleMeBen
02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
I second that motion.......... :cheers:
i knew you had good taste :sofunny::sofunny:

Mistah_Q
02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I like Mitch McConnell

HometownGal
02-26-2008, 09:17 PM

I can't stand that pompous, loud-mouthed beyotch.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/h/c/1/pelosi_nip_tuck.jpg

Borski
02-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I am registered republican, but I vote for who I think is best, doesn't matter whether they are republican, democrat or something else. most of my personal views are conservative so I tend to vote republican.

I think the candidate that can help McCain win most would be Romney, sure they hate each other but so do a lot of tickets. Romney is a conservative that will help bring people out to vote, some people hate McCain so much they would just stay home instead of go out and vote. I really don't like McCain...

TackleMeBen
02-27-2008, 06:25 AM
I am registered republican, but I vote for who I think is best, doesn't matter whether they are republican, democrat or something else. most of my personal views are conservative so I tend to vote republican.

I think the candidate that can help McCain win most would be Romney, sure they hate each other but so do a lot of tickets. Romney is a conservative that will help bring people out to vote, some people hate McCain so much they would just stay home instead of go out and vote. I really don't like McCain...

that thought has crossed my mind. but then if i dont vote then i cant complain when things arent going well..(that is my theory. dont vote, dont complain about what the leader is doing) so i will vote although i dont like any of the nominations.

Borski
02-27-2008, 11:01 AM
that thought has crossed my mind. but then if i dont vote then i cant complain when things arent going well..(that is my theory. dont vote, dont complain about what the leader is doing) so i will vote although i dont like any of the nominations.

I'll still vote regardless, because I have the same view point (can't complain if you don't vote), but I haven't decided it will be McCain