PDA

View Full Version : Dismantling of the patria-cheats*

stlrtruck
02-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Well well well it looks like this run to be a dynasty and for perfection has hit the cheaters rather hard:

But I digress, let's look at the recent dismantling of this so wanna-be dynasty:

Randy Moss - left open in the FA market
Donte Stallworth - patriots* declined option in his contract
Asante Samuels - seeking $10million a year

I wonder how many more will continue to either be dropped or leave this band of thieves!!!

Glace
02-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I love seeing them suffer...but we all know they're just going to go out and reload in free-agency, and laugh at the NFL with their high 1st round selection.

stlrtruck
02-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Problem is, they won't be able to find the talent they have had to pay for the prices they're willing to pay - especially with Spygate still an ongoing debate.

Something tells me that soon enough the patriots* will not longer need an asterik to define them - they'll become like the bungals of the AFCE - just another sidenote!!

MACH1
02-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Why pay a ton of money when you can cheat.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh no, they took the 31st pick in the NFL Draft away from the cheating Patriots! Oh my, what will they do? How about use the 49ers 7th overall pick to get an even better player than we would have gotten with the 31st overall pick?

They should have taken both picks away, IMHO.

Mosca
02-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Regardless of how you feel about the Patriots, you have to agree that they play the team-building game as well as anyone in the free agent era. If it was to their benefit to sign Moss and Stallworth, and pay Samuel, you can bet they'd do it. Remember, the difference between Reese Caldwell and Randy Moss (and all the other guys they loaded up with) amounted to only one game deeper into the playoffs, when all was said and done; not that much of a difference for all that money.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I think thanks to spygate, there will be less big-names wanting to go to New England.

If it comes out that they indeed did tape the Rams walkthrough, that they used videotape in other Super Bowls and AFC Championship games, or other lesser playoff games...there could be harsh punishments handed down.

Don't think Goodell won't act swiftly and witha kick in the ass if the government threatens to take away the NFL's Anti-Trust Exemption. Multiple first round picks, Bellicheat's removal from the NFL, even Kraft's removal can all happen.

That wouldn't make it a place that big-name FA's want to go.

Dino 6 Rings
02-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't care what they do or who they sign. They haven't won in 4 years now, and I don't see them winning it all again any time soon. The rose is off that bloom. 3 in 4 years was a nice little run...but its over...and our team needs to make sure of it by getting bigger, faster, stronger and better and taking it to every team we play next year win or lose, we need to Dominate and Destroy all in our path!

The Quest for SIX is at hand.

why worry about a team still looking for its forth?

tony hipchest
02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
roosevelt colvin was just cut.

Preacher
02-26-2008, 02:55 PM
roosevelt colvin was just cut.

WOW...

Now there is someone I wouldn't mind taking a quick look at... depending age... anyone know how old he is? I am too lazy to google it.

tony hipchest
02-26-2008, 03:14 PM
WOW...

Now there is someone I wouldn't mind taking a quick look at... depending age... anyone know how old he is? I am too lazy to google it.31 with a sore foot that he says doesnt need surgery.

stlrtruck
02-27-2008, 08:16 AM
I'd agree that they played the FA market well the last couple of years but in doing so, they have cut off their nose to spite their face (or if you so desire - they've robbed Tom to pay Randy).

They have no young talent and let's face it, without cheating and without young talent on the team to replace the older veterans it will catch up with you.

And so it has begun with the cheaters in new england. And with that I LAUGH!!!!

rbryan
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Regardless of how you feel about the Patriots, you have to agree that they play the team-building game as well as anyone in the free agent era. If it was to their benefit to sign Moss and Stallworth, and pay Samuel, you can bet they'd do it. Remember, the difference between Reese Caldwell and Randy Moss (and all the other guys they loaded up with) amounted to only one game deeper into the playoffs, when all was said and done; not that much of a difference for all that money.

I would have had to go along with that statement until this year. But now, I have to respectfully disagree.

There is a distinct possibility that the only reason all thier moves worked out so well is because they were cheating. I give them no credit for anything they've accomplished until it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they didn't cheat.

Since its already been established that they did, and maybe now to an even greater degree.. no way.

steeler43pa
02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I would have had to go along with that statement until this year. But now, I have to respectfully disagree.

There is a distinct possibility that the only reason all thier moves worked out so well is because they were cheating. I give them no credit for anything they've accomplished until it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they didn't cheat.

Since its already been established that they did, and maybe now to an even greater degree.. no way.

I have to agree with you rbryan. I believe that they continued to cheat through the season. Maybe not by continueing to video tape but by using the tapes that existed. You cannot believe that there were only 6 tapes. Since they were supposily destroyed days after this all came out then that leads me to believe they copied them and probably have hidden the rest. Nothing was searched by the NFL. Goodall took a CHEATERS word that they were the only ones.

lilyoder6
02-27-2008, 10:52 AM
and if u look most of the fa pick-ups they have had are old basically... and i hope someone gives moss a contract he can't refise and he doesn't go back to ne

Dino 6 Rings
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
and if u look most of the fa pick-ups they have had are old basically... and i hope someone gives moss a contract he can't refise and he doesn't go back to ne

Let Moss play for NE, their passing game isn't what worries me. As long as they continue to ignore the run, and don't improve their defense, I have no fear. It isn't like they have Viniteri to make a "clutch" kick on 4th and 13 in the Superbowl anymore.

No, Moss can go ahead and "retire" a Patriot for all I care.

rbryan
02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking the same thing about Moss and the patsies. I'm still very surprised that he did so well this season, but the real Randy will show up eventually, just give it a little more time.