PDA

View Full Version : Snake eats family dog as kids watch

Jeremy
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Snake eats family dog as kids watch (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/27/australia.snake.ap/index.html)

Removing the half-swallowed dog could have harmed or even killed the python, Rose said, because dogs have sharp teeth and claws that could do the snake internal damage if it were wrenched out.

And?

Preacher
02-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Snake eats family dog as kids watch (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/27/australia.snake.ap/index.html)

Removing the half-swallowed dog could have harmed or even killed the python, Rose said, because dogs have sharp teeth and claws that could do the snake internal damage if it were wrenched out.

And?

I agreed with you completely... until I read this

he zoo manager, Todd Rose, said pythons squeeze their prey to death before swallowing it whole. The 5-year-old dog would have been suffocated within minutes.

So pulling out the dog would have been useless.

But the dog was still alive... yeah... Pick the dog over the snake... eVERY TIME.

Jeremy
02-27-2008, 01:36 PM
I agreed with you completely... until I read this

So pulling out the dog would have been useless.

But the dog was still alive... yeah... Pick the dog over the snake... eVERY TIME.

And? It's a snake.....kill it. Simple country logic doesn't seem to work too well anymore.

STEELtownHAVOX
02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
And here's the "knee jerker"

"It actively stalked the dog for a number of days," Douglas said.

"The family that owned the dog had actually seen it in the dog's bed, which was a sign it was out to get it," he added.

Could have easily been prevented.

Jeremy
02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
And here's the "knee jerker"

"It actively stalked the dog for a number of days," Douglas said.

"The family that owned the dog had actually seen it in the dog's bed, which was a sign it was out to get it," he added.

Could have easily been prevented.

Again.....where's the common sense? I understand they're in Australia. But if I saw a snake in the yard where my 5 and 7 year olds played, that snake would be dead. It could by my hands or the government's hands, but it would be dead.

The Duke
02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
this is just irresponsibility

who sees a python in their house a does nothing about it? I like snakes, but if I had kids or even a dog and saw this near my house I would just kill it. and I wouldn't think twice about it

poor dog has to suffer the consequences

Borski
02-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I woulda killed the snake for revenge...it killed my dog, part of my family.

Steeler in Carolina
02-27-2008, 05:47 PM
The only good snake is a dead snake.

tony hipchest
02-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Crikey mates!

WWSID? (steve irwin)

83-Steelers-43
02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Crikey mates!

WWSID? (steve irwin)

http://madsenblog.dk/billeder/irwin.jpg OIE!!!

polamalu82
02-27-2008, 06:28 PM
This shows you how messed up people are. How the hell do you let a snake eat your dog? Crazy.

TackleMeBen
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
i had a neighbor that had a python. there is one good thing about snakes they keep mice away and there was a field between my house and my parents house and before the neighbor got the snake we would have field mice, afterwards i didnt see another field mice.

Jeremy
02-27-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm gonna stick my finger in his butthole!

MACH1
02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Tastes like chicken.

PAMillerGrrl83
02-27-2008, 08:47 PM
As a dog lover, this makes me sick, so completly sick.

TheWarDen86
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Yet another reason for me not to like snakes. Although in this case the snake was doing what comes natural.
I have a K-Bar that says that snake wouldn't stand a chance against my dog if I had anything to say about it..., for that matter a 9mm, an axe, a bat.....Heck, my dog is 110 lbs of muscle himself. In any event: dead snake.

HometownGal
02-27-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd have to strangle that SOB and make a bunch of belts out of it. :karate:

Jeremy
02-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Yet another reason for me not to like snakes. Although in this case the snake was doing what comes natural.
I have a K-Bar that says that snake wouldn't stand a chance against my dog if I had anything to say about it..., for that matter a 9mm, an axe, a bat.....Heck, my dog is 110 lbs of muscle himself. In any event: dead snake.

A doubt a K Bar would do much against a python. Now a 9 is a different story.

TheWarDen86
02-27-2008, 09:44 PM
A doubt a K Bar would do much against a python. Now a 9 is a different story.

See and I would guess the other way around. A K-Bar is about 8-9 inches long. If it'll go through a man, I think it'll kill a snake. A 9mm however can lack results if it's not a head shot. Eventually I'll get my Desert Eagle .50 and then it won't matter even if I don't hit him....just shoot near him and he'll have a little snake heart attack. :wink02: