PDA

View Full Version : My son...

Stu Pidasso
02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
So I'm up at 6:13am, waking to the cries of my son needing nourishment. I get a bottle ready, grab the Boppy and a burp cloth, and trundle across the hardwood floors of my home, eyes half open, longing for my bed, and the beautiful woman still blissfully asleep in it. I enter the nursery, pick up baby Jay, and when he sees me, he recognizes The Food Guy, and smiles as big as his little face can, waving his arms and legs. What a sight. People go to wars for that smile. So I pick up this beautiful boy, sit down on the couch, turn on NFL Total Access, and start to feed him his bottle. He gulps it up, while making little baby squeals of pleasure. I look down at him. His eyes are half closed, and he's drinking as fast as he can. Just then, his eyes open, and he reaches up with his little chubby hand, and wraps it around my thumb, and looks at me. We share a moment, that moment of unconditional love only a parent and a child could share. I think I would do anything to keep this beautiful child safe and happy. As he looks at me, and I at him, I say, " I love you."

And without missing a beat, he farts. This is my son.

...And the Bengals suck.

The Duke
02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
So I'm up at 6:13am, waking to the cries of my son needing nourishment. I get a bottle ready, grab the Boppy and a burp cloth, and trundle across the hardwood floors of my home, eyes half open, longing for my bed, and the beautiful woman still blissfully asleep in it. I enter the nursery, pick up baby Jay, and when he sees me, he recognizes The Food Guy, and smiles as big as his little face can, waving his arms and legs. What a sight. People go to wars for that smile. So I pick up this beautiful boy, sit down on the couch, turn on NFL Total Access, and start to feed him his bottle. He gulps it up, while making little baby squeals of pleasure. I look down at him. His eyes are half closed, and he's drinking as fast as he can. Just then, his eyes open, and he reaches up with his little chubby hand, and wraps it around my thumb, and looks at me. We share a moment, that moment of unconditional love only a parent and a child could share. I think I would do anything to keep this beautiful child safe and happy. As he looks at me, and I at him, I say, " I love you."

dude, that's great

personally I never see myself having kids, but they say you never know till you have them........

hopefully he grows up a steelers fan :tt02:

...And the Bengals suck.

now that's just beautiful :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
02-28-2008, 11:26 AM

...And the Bengals suck.

Beautiful Story "Stu." Almost brought a tear to my eye, but fortunately you saved it with a "happy ending." :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Just wait till he's old enough to wear a jersey. :)

My 3 yr old and 6 yr old were geared up and waving out terrible towels as the Steelers came back after spotting the Browns 13 points this year......truly a great family memory.

enjoy.

HometownGal
02-28-2008, 01:00 PM
What a lovely story Stu! :cheers: Babies are wonderful little gifts from God!

Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do. My nose remembers it oh so well. :sofunny:

MACH1
02-28-2008, 01:10 PM

Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do. My nose remembers it oh so well. :sofunny:

Ahhh yes. My 5 year old thinks its funny to neak up on you and fart. :nervous:

Nice story...Enjoy while you can, next thing you'll know is their mobile and getting into everything. :wink02:

PisnNapalm
02-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do. :sofunny:

Son...? My daughter can out fart me on any given day. She's vicious.

Great little story btw. I remember moments like that. I was the one who got a majority of the nighttime feeding duties.

TroysBadDawg
02-28-2008, 02:32 PM
My youngest son (11) loves it in the mornings when he gets up. He comes to the living room and usually crawls into his mothers lap, (at this point I have learned don't let him on mine.) He looks blissfully into her eyes and says in the most tenderest voice, "I love you Mom" then he rips one that rattles windows.

It happens every morning, that is why I don't let him around me until he gives his 21 gun salute.

I asked my wife why she allows him to do that, she says mothers are immune, I say they are not all together. He says she brings out the best in him.:dang::dang:

NJarhead
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM
That was a great story. :cheers:

Steeler in Carolina
02-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Great story. Kids are the best gift ever.

klick81
02-28-2008, 07:28 PM
LOL...that was great. Brought a smile to my face, till the end. I laughed my ___ off then.

SteelCityMan786
02-28-2008, 08:02 PM

haha yeah. I'm pretty sure my older brothers had that chance. I think I may have one if any.

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Sure remember them days with my little girl.

TeeJay
03-01-2008, 09:02 PM
and there was me waiting for you to say....'he looked me in the eyes and said'...."Daddy Steelers by 14 over the Cowboys in the Superbowl....now go put the mortgage on it".

But no, it was a fart gag..........

If I can't have a Steeler win, I'll take a fart gag everytime..:tt02:

and then blame it on the Dog!

Polamalu Princess
03-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Love the post Stu!!!!:thumbsup:

silver & black
03-01-2008, 10:35 PM
dude, that's great

personally I never see myself having kids, but they say you never know till you have them........

hopefully he grows up a steelers fan :tt02:

now that's just beautiful :thumbsup:

Enjoy it.................. they grow up... LOL.

edit... intended for original poster.

Stu Pidasso
03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone... nobody around me seems to believe that it's a true story. I swear it is...

touchdownward
03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Great story Stu.

Here's one for fellow boarders with children of the car seat age.
Last Easter my girlfriend and our two sons headed out to a local park. After the usual struggle with the carseats we were on our way. It wasn't far into the trip that my 5 year old decided it would be "groovy" to let himself out and then release the 3 year old. There was a ton of traffic, so I started looking for a place to pull over. It was only a few moments before the blue lights came on and I had no choice but to pull over. Apparently, the 3 year old had successfully flagged down a state trooper out of the back window.
I explained what happened (over the massive crying the two boys were doing about this time), truly expecting the trooper to blast me and not believe my story. I think he felt sorry for me with all the noise going on in the car and only gave me one no child restraint ticket instead of two like he could have.

Last Easter Sunday cost me an extra $114.50, but I wouldn't change a thing about that day. That's life as a parent. :smile:

Preacher
03-02-2008, 11:54 PM
I loved it!

and the little um... air at the end.. Just precious!

stlrtruck
03-03-2008, 09:12 AM

...And the Bengals suck.

I can share with you in this moment as I, after feeding my daughter (when she was that age) and sharing in a moment with her - pooted and then laughed!!!

Stu Pidasso
10-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Reviving a long dead necro-thread...

Tomorrow my Son turns 5 years old.

He can now out-fart me, and has learned the art of crop-dusting.

Mom is still the champ, though. Woman is savage.

steelax04
10-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Great revival... definitely worth it. :tt02:

Happy birthday to your future dutch oven master... I'm sure the girls will love him for that.

ricardisimo
10-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Has baby Jay peed on you yet? That was my "welcome to fatherhood" moment, getting drenched while bending over to grab a new diaper. Enjoy it, dude. You will actually miss all of these moments very, very soon.

Stu Pidasso
10-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Nope, but last week he took his first "pee on a tree" outside. I was so proud... He had to drag mom out into the yard to show her the puddle. :)