PDA

View Full Version : no love for the giants

vasteeler
02-28-2008, 11:24 AM
it seems like they are getting no love from the media i remember after the patriots,steelers and colts sb victories all we saw was articles on them i hardly hear anyone talking about them is it just me or do you guys see that way as well?

polamalu82
02-28-2008, 11:41 AM
I see the same thing. Remember the weeks before the super bowl when they played all the Patriots* games. The Giants never get any love. I think what the Giants did was nothing short of amazing. The Giants were 14 point underdogs against "The best team ever":rolleyes: and they kicked their asses.:jammin:

rbryan
02-28-2008, 12:14 PM
They have my gratitude for life... lol. Thats hard to admit as I despise all NY teams.

Dino 6 Rings
02-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I kind of see it the same way. Don't see a ton of "hey giants fans, your team just won the superbowl" commercials.

I'm sure the NY media is all over it, but it could be that they were so outspoken after their win at their parade "we stomped you" that some outlets (espn maybe) decided to shy away from them. Maybe they ruined for a lot of writers what would have been an off season of nothing but 19-0 crapola for 6 months. Instead we get to giggle about 18-1 and hear nothing about the team that made it happen.

The Patriot
02-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Because it was all about the Patriots losing. If I offered you a choice between two hats right now, would you rather have a Giants 14-6 SB Champions hat or a Patriots 19-0 SB Champions hat?

fansince'76
02-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Because it was all about the Patriots losing. If I offered you a choice between two hats right now, would you rather have a Giants 14-6 SB Champions hat or a Patriots 19-0 SB Champions hat?

Well, since I'm not an impoverished Nicaraguan kid, I'd take the former.

TackleMeBen
02-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Well, since I'm not an impoverished Nicaraguan kid, I'd take the former.
'76 you are killing me with your replies:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

polamalu82
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM

I'd take the 19-0sb hat so I could wipe my a@s with it. Thats all its good for now.:toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
02-28-2008, 04:33 PM

The Steelers Hat, that is the Only Choice.

The Patriot
02-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I'd take the 19-0sb hat so I could wipe my a@s with it. Thats all its good for now.:toofunny:

The NFL only donated like 150 of them. I wonder what happend to the rest. There must have been hundreds of thousands made.

tony hipchest
02-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Because it was all about the Patriots losing. If I offered you a choice between two hats right now, would you rather have a Giants 14-6 SB Champions hat or a Patriots 19-0 SB Champions hat?since im sitting on the pot, taking a shit as i type on my laptop, why dont you hand me that 19-0 hat...

its not even about the pats losing. everybody saw how easilly they got their asses handed to them. them putting up 14 points would be like the "greatest show on turf" getting shut out.

its all about the pats cheating...
:chicken: :party: :cheer: :jammin: :banana:

Dino 6 Rings
02-29-2008, 10:23 AM
The NFL only donated like 150 of them. I wonder what happend to the rest. There must have been hundreds of thousands made.

Set on fire most likely.

rbryan
02-29-2008, 11:10 AM

What is it you're looking for here?? Are you just a glutton for punishment?

IF????.........IF the patsies won???...... you mean like if.... ifs and buts were candy and nuts .....all the patsies would be happy???

When have you ever seen any SB champ have thier record on the chamionship hat?? This years no exception, so theres no 14-6 hats out there for your comparison to make any sense, even if we could venture into your parallel universe where the patsies are still 19-0

The Patriot
02-29-2008, 02:54 PM
What is it you're looking for here?? Are you just a glutton for punishment?

IF????.........IF the patsies won???...... you mean like if.... ifs and buts were candy and nuts .....all the patsies would be happy???

When have you ever seen any SB champ have thier record on the chamionship hat?? This years no exception, so theres no 14-6 hats out there for your comparison to make any sense, even if we could venture into your parallel universe where the patsies are still 19-0

Actually I meant so you could wear it around in front of all the Pats fans that were so smug going into the game. Meaning, you would wear the 19-0 hat in mockery of their loss. Which supports my main point that people had more fun celebrating the Pats loss than the Giants victory.

The Patriot
02-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Set on fire most likely.

Always arsen with you.

Dino 6 Rings
02-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Always arsen with you.

Have I mentioned fire previously...hmmm...I don't recall that.

I think, fans from other teams, yes, were rooting against the Pats and not so much for the Giants, but there was also the Underdog factor, the same reason lots of us rooted for the Pats against the Rams. We wanted the "little guy"

I also believe that this post isn't so much about the fans lack of love for the Giants, but the media's lack of love for the Giants. It seemed after the Colts won, it was Colts Colts Colts, prior to that, Steelers Steelers Steelers, before that Pats Pats Pats, I think the lack of love for the Giants Giants Giants is very interesting myself.

It seems that the ESPN guys, didn't rally to the Giants the way they did to previous superbowl winners. I would bet that the NY Media and their obsession with their home town turns off a lot of National Media to their team's winning.

National Media loves the fact the Knicks suck right now. They also love the fact the Celtics are hot. There is something about NY winning that turns off a lot of national media.

The Duke
02-29-2008, 04:34 PM
National Media loves the fact the Knicks suck right now. They also love the fact the Celtics are hot. There is something about NY winning that turns off a lot of national media.

hey! the Knicks don't suck . they're just going through some....issues :flap:

stlrtruck
03-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Unfortunately the NFL, Goodell, Kraft, Belicheat, and the patriots* have stolen the Giants thunder.

With no resolution to the cheating scandal, it's the top story in the NFL and unfortunately the Giants get no play. However, do you really need play time with everyone else when you are holding that shiny tiffany trophy that was suppose to be in new england?