PDA

View Full Version : 49ers grab Bengals defensive end Justin Smith

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-01-2008, 09:44 AM
49ers grab Bengals defensive end Justin Smith
by Jay Glazer

One year after striking big in free agency with the signing of Nate Clements, the 49ers have made another big move.

Sources told FOXSports.com that San Francisco has agreed to terms with defensive end Justin Smith on a six-year deal.
Terms of the contract are not yet available, however it is believed that San Francisco has offered a minimum of $20 million in guaranteed money.

Smith is a former first-round draft pick (No. 4 overall) of the Cincinnati Bengals out of the University if Missouri. He made 78 tackles with two sacks in 2007 and has 43.5 career sacks in seven seasons, all with Cincinnati.

Smith made San Francisco his first visit and had told the Minnesota Vikings he would visit, too. But the 49ers wouldn't let him get away, offering more than he could have anticipated getting from Minnesota

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7858990/49ers-grab-Bengals-defensive-end-Justin-Smith

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh boy, here it comes....

"The sky is falling, the Bengals are getting better and the Rooney's are just sitting back and watching other teams get better in the division!! We have no chance!!!"

MasterOfPuppets
03-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Oh boy, here it comes....

"The sky is falling, the Bengals are getting better and the Rooney's are just sitting back and watching other teams get better in the division!! We have no chance!!!"lol.....how are they getting better ??? they lost thier 2 best players on an already horrible defense.....

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2008, 09:50 AM
lol.....how are they getting better ??? they lost thier 2 best players on an already horrible defense.....

But, but that means they will end up signing one of the 150 players that the Rooney's should be picking up during this FA period silly!!! :flap:

MasterOfPuppets
03-01-2008, 09:53 AM
But, but that means they will end up signing one of the 150 players that the Rooney's should be picking up during this FA period silly!!! :flap:
:dang:.....sorry i wasn't thinking.....

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2008, 09:59 AM
:dang:.....sorry i wasn't thinking.....

BTW, I also found that desperately needed tall WR that Roethlisberger needs....

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_555017.html

Just ignore that little injury problem. I should have Rooney's job. This is easy. :cheer:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-01-2008, 10:14 AM
BTW, I also found that desperately needed tall WR that Roethlisberger needs....

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_555017.html

Just ignore that little injury problem. I should have Rooney's job. This is easy. :cheer:

Also gotta ignore the fact that his two "stud" years (one with the Packers and one with the Broncos)...hides his 600 yards and 5 TD's per year career average.

Best #3 reciever to ever get #1 money!!!:wink02:

CantStop85
03-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Overpaid much?

fansince'76
03-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Overpaid much?

Part of the Niners creed - there's a reason they spent years in cap hell.