PDA

View Full Version : Moss looking elsewhere for contract

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Patriots | Moss looking elsewhere for contract?
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:39:12 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots and free-agent WR Randy Moss are not close to agreeing on a contract and Moss is starting to listen to offers from other teams, according to a source. It is not known how many teams and which teams contacted him.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#453945

..and the Ivory Tower continues to crumble.

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-01-2008, 10:21 AM
And I love it :wink02:

Hopefully the Jets or Dolphins pick him up and destroy the Patriots. Would love to see their team fall apart immediately after the cheating allegations and hear Pats fans talk about how it's alllllll coincidence :crying01:

TeeJay
03-01-2008, 10:22 AM
LOL :bouncy:

but...surely didn't he say earlier in the season just how much he LOVED playing for Tom Brady and The Pats?

fansince'76
03-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I think there is a lot of wishful thinking going on here. Moss and Samuel will resign.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=335868#post335868

Who's guilty of wishful thinking now, pal? You're about to go 0-2 on your prediction. :coffee:

rbryan
03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
He'll still end up with the patsies, who else would want him? He's already proven that he'll quit if he's not on a winning team. That in itself rules out the majority of teams desperate enough to even think about it.

fansince'76
03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
He'll still end up with the patsies, who else would want him? He's already proven that he'll quit if he's not on a winning team. That in itself rules out the majority of teams desperate enough to even think about it.

Nah - he's "matured" - his record-setting season proved it. :rolleyes:

The Patriot
03-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh well, more cap space for us.

TeeJay
03-01-2008, 10:55 AM

Welcome to the most un-biased forum in the world.:tt02:

polamalu82
03-01-2008, 10:57 AM

Yeah cap room. You don't have any players left. If Moss leaves Wes will be your #1 receiver. Who's your #1 CB..Hobbs? The guy who blew the play against the Giants. Oh but you got "TOM TERRIFIC" so everything will be alright. You better hope you hit gold with every pick in the draft.

fansince'76
03-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh but you got "TOM TERRIFIC" so everything will be alright.

Yep, Brady + Belichick = SB win every year. Never mind the last 3 seasons, though. :yawn:

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah cap room. You don't have any players left. If Moss leaves Wes will be your #1 receiver. Who's your #1 CB..Hobbs? The guy who blew the play against the Giants. Oh but you got "TOM TERRIFIC" so everything will be alright. You better hope you hit gold with every pick in the draft.

Not to defend the Patriots, but Hobbs is still pretty good, a potential #1 guy and a very solid #2, especially in a 3-4 where you're always generating fast pressure (well, hopefully). He got a good move put on him by one of the premiere receivers, and an ex-Steeler, no one can stand up to that! :tt02:

No one is more happy than I am to see the Pats crumble and stumble, but if I was a Pats fan I'd be rolling with the punches too. Somehow those bastards always seem to strike gold somewhere. Hopefully this year will be another 9-7 for them though :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-01-2008, 11:09 AM

OH but havn't you heard...The Patriots* did manage to sign....Kelly Washington!!:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Belicheat is such a "genious"....he tied up money on Washington and Bruschi that could have helped retain Moss:dang:

polamalu82
03-01-2008, 11:12 AM
OH but havn't you heard...The Patriots* did manage to sign....Kelly Washington!!:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Belicheat is such a "genious"....he tied up money on Washington and Bruschi that could have helped retain Moss:dang:

Well in that case I retract my previous statement.:sofunny:

TackleMeBen
03-01-2008, 12:57 PM
but the pats are the best team in the NFL:rolleyes:

stillers4me
03-01-2008, 01:04 PM
but the pats are the best team in the NFL:rolleyes:

you are so wrong.........

They are the Greatest Team Ever*! (patent pending)

lilyoder6
03-01-2008, 01:16 PM
hobbs is a good corner.. so they will just fall off from the #2 cb slot.. and i hope randy does leave.. that would just be great to see that team disappear

HometownGal
03-01-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.fpm.iastate.edu/Knapp-Storms/implosion.jpg

:banana::banana::sofunny:

ShutDown24
03-01-2008, 02:33 PM

CAP ROOM!? :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

CAP ROOM FOR WHAT??? You already had one of the best receivers and best corners in the league and now one is gone and another may be. Cap room is only good if you can use it to improve your team, not downgrade it. There's no receiver even close to Moss's caliber available on the market nor Samuel's value at corner. HELL, Stallworth may be the second best receiver available after Moss and you're letting HIM get away! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

WHAT A JOKE. Cap room. The Giants ended your dynasty and now Arlen Specter is tainting it even further. I have a feeling this is last we are going to hear the word 'Patriots' and 'dynasty' in the same sentence (present tense) for a long, long time. Bye bye Belichick, you had a nice run.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-01-2008, 02:41 PM
hobbs is a good corner..

.....says Plaxico Burress.

polamalu82
03-01-2008, 03:09 PM
.....says Plaxico Burress.

Yeah Plax LOVES HOBBS!!:hug::sofunny:

TackleMeBen
03-01-2008, 03:31 PM
you are so wrong.........

They are the Greatest Team Ever*! (patent pending)

sorry i had a brain cramp...:bouncy:

Steeler in Carolina
03-01-2008, 04:37 PM
This is Moss's last chance for a big contract. He will try to cash in.

ShutDown24
03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
This is Moss's last chance for a big contract. He will try to cash in.

That's probably true and you know what, good for him. He should get all the money he possibly can while it's still possible.

silver & black
03-01-2008, 05:07 PM
LOL :bouncy:

but...surely didn't he say earlier in the season just how much he LOVED playing for Tom Brady and The Pats?

Front running little bitches always say how much they love it when they are winning. I hope he never wins a Superbowl... I'd call him a prick, but thats part of a man... and he aint no part of a man!

TeeJay
03-01-2008, 05:27 PM
So tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the impression you're not a fan of Mr Moss there Silver and Black!!:thumbsup:

The Patriot
03-01-2008, 06:05 PM
So tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the impression you're not a fan of Mr Moss there Silver and Black!!:thumbsup:

This video illustrates why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_dElvkVRxg&NR=1
That tricky Moss!

TeeJay
03-01-2008, 06:35 PM
That tricky Moss!

Call that a trick play?

This is a trick play....and how to WIN a SB.........ouch!

Adverts thrown in for free!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhUEHmRtU9s

Rhee Rhee
03-01-2008, 07:54 PM

fat chance...

last year only merriweather made the active roster...

i'm amazed no one is asking the rooney's to bring in randy moss LOL :toofunny:

polamalu82
03-01-2008, 08:20 PM
That tricky Moss!

Yeah, that was a trick the Patriots* pulled that worked. They did have other tricks that didn't work last year
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg&feature=related :sofunny::sofunny:

fansince'76
03-01-2008, 08:25 PM
That tricky Moss!

Why would a Raiders fan give a rat's ass about a Pats* flea-flicker against the Steelers that Moss damn near screwed the pooch on? In S&B's case I think it has more to do with Moss being a front-running asshat that did nothing but pout during his time in Oakland. :coffee:

silver & black
03-01-2008, 08:44 PM

LOL... you're good! :wink02:

silver & black
03-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Why would a Raiders fan give a rat's ass about a Pats* flea-flicker against the Steelers that Moss damn near screwed the pooch on? In S&B's case I think it has more to do with Moss being a front-running asshat that did nothing but pout during his time in Oakland. :coffee:

Ah... I knew an old timer like me would get it. :thumbsup:

The Patriot
03-01-2008, 09:32 PM

Indeed. :coffee:

steelpride12
03-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Seeing NE fall apart is no surprise to me i have been calling it all last season. Them picking up all the high rank players was for one reason only:One hit wonder. Their plan was to win the super bowl last season and then them falling apart wouldn't look so bad....well it does now!

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Ah... I knew an old timer like me would get it. :thumbsup:

Could it be because....he will on one hand say.... "In my whole entire life of living, 30 years, I have never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."
http://bostonist.com/2008/01/16/randy_moss_did.php

But on the other hand...we know....Randy Moss spent the night in jail facing a possible felony charge after being arrested for allegedly pushing a traffic agent a half-block with his car
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0924/1436287.html

Well...technically he didnt put his HAND on her. :dang:

Dang those Rooneys and their ethics...keeps us from getting some real locker room cancers!!!

TackleMeBen
03-02-2008, 01:53 PM
has anyone heard that moss might want to go back to minn??? i just heard that on espn.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-02-2008, 02:17 PM
has anyone heard that moss might want to go back to minn??? i just heard that on espn.

NFL | Moss discussing reunion with Culpepper
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 10:44:12 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent WR Randy Moss (Patriots) reached out to free-agent QB Daunte Culpepper (Raiders) to discuss reuniting on any NFL team interested, according to sources. They aren't considered a package deal, but as an option for teams looking for a quarterback and a wide receiver.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#454048

I wonder if they were talking about this

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I wish whatever team gets Moss the best of luck, because if they have an off year (or as we call it round here, an 06 year :wink02:) and go 8-8 or miss the playoffs, they've got a huge lump of a wasted contract. Unless that team is the Bengals, Ravens, or Brownies of course (I'd also put the Cowboys up there, but I do like Jason Whitten).

I kind of also wouldn't mind him having another 15 TD season so it casts even more doubt on Brady :thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
03-02-2008, 07:05 PM
NFL Network reports Moss is close to accepting the "on the table" offer New England has had out there since before the weekend

With Stallworth gone I see Moss staying - Pats have struck out on their other FA eligible players

83-Steelers-43
03-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Well...technically he didnt put his HAND on her. :dang:

Dang those Rooneys and their ethics...keeps us from getting some real locker room cancers!!!

That was back in the day when Randy had to keep Randy's ho's in check, but he's a changed man now. Didn't you see his post-game interview after his team lost? He was crying and sticking up for his QB!!!!

Oh wait, wrong WR who is full of shit and has a huge ego. :dang:

TackleMeBen
03-03-2008, 06:40 AM
but as an option for teams looking for a quarterback and a wide receiver.

on mike and mike they just did a list of teams that both moss and culpepper would fit and the only two i could see it actually working would be the falcons(who need help in every area) and KC.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-03-2008, 07:23 AM
on mike and mike they just did a list of teams that both moss and culpepper would fit and the only two i could see it actually working would be the falcons(who need help in every area) and KC.

I heard that also....I thought the Bears were an interesting pick..since they have Rex Grossman at QB and just lost Bernard Berrian at WR.

TackleMeBen
03-03-2008, 07:43 AM
I heard that also....I thought the Bears were an interesting pick..since they have Rex Grossman at QB and just lost Bernard Berrian at WR.

yes. i could see moss there, but i dont think they have room for culpepper. like you said they have sexy rexy and kyle orton and maybe brian griese. so i dont see why they would need a 4th qb. but this is the bears.

i like the falcons as the best choice. they need a qb and WR. and i am sure mr. blank can find some money to sign them both. and since they just got turner from the chargers they may be on the way to improvement.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-03-2008, 09:26 AM
yes. i could see moss there, but i dont think they have room for culpepper. like you said they have sexy rexy and kyle orton and maybe brian griese. so i dont see why they would need a 4th qb. but this is the bears.

Rex Grossman...4 TD's.....7 interceptions...66.4 passer rating
Brian Griese......10 TD's..12 interceptions...75.6 passer rating
Kyle Orton............3 TD's....2 interceptions....73.9 passer rating

Culpepper is a step up on all of those...he could be had cheap at this point...and since the Bears have the salary cap to play a little...they could pick up DJ Hackett or Bryant Johnson as a Vet reciever.

lilyoder6
03-03-2008, 10:11 AM
it would be nice to see culp and moss back together. since they could re-unite as team mates and moss would leave NE,, then would then leave ne with only welker and jackson as primary wr's..

Dino 6 Rings
03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
If they did both go to Atlanta, they would at least sell tickets for a few years while the team rebuilds. It would actually be worth the money to get the butts in seats while building the core of the team through the next couple drafts.

Dino 6 Rings
03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Plus, NFC South...HA! That would be great.

TackleMeBen
03-03-2008, 04:23 PM
moss is reported to sign a 3yr/27mil deal with the pats

CantStop85
03-03-2008, 04:26 PM
moss is reported to sign a 3yr/27mil deal with the pats

Well, there's an automatic ten wins right there.

fansince'76
03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Well, there's an automatic ten wins right there.

You can pretty much pencil six wins in for them every year by virtue of playing in that crappy division anyway.

HometownGal
03-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Moss is rumored to be re-signing with the Patriots for $27 million over three years. Thank God - now maybe that thread in the Steelers forum can die a quick death. :dang:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d807016ab&template=without-video&confirm=true

Patriots, Moss reach agreement on three-year contract
NFL.com Wire Reports

The Patriots and free agent wide receiver Randy Moss agreed to a three-year, $27 million contract on Monday, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

The two sides are reviewing the contract, which is expected to be signed today.

Moss, 30, was an unrestricted free agent after the Patriots elected not to designate the 10-year veteran as their franchise player.

In his first season with the Patriots in 2007, Moss set the NFL single-season record with 23 touchdown receptions, while catching 98 passes for 1,493 yards.

Steeler in Carolina
03-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I am so sick and tired of hearing about Randy Moss. I wish he would sign somewhere and be done with it.