PDA

View Full Version : Lukin's 2008 Steelers Mock

Lukin83
03-01-2008, 11:56 AM
1. Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

Balmer has experience as a 3-4 end and will fill that role for the Steelers. He will compete with Keisel for playing time and, at least, come off the bench to spell Smith and Keisel.

2. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

If he falls this far, he is a no-brainer. He would step in at RT and allow Colon to move inside to C.

3. Chilo Rachal, OG, Southern Cal

By many accounts, the Steelers are in love with this guy and he should be able to compete with Kemoeatu for the LG spot left vacant by Faneca's departure.

4. Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee

Hefney can play FS, CB, and return kicks. He will fill an immediate need on special teams and could develop into a starting FS.

5. Thomas Brown, RB, Georgia

Brown reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew. He is a short, stocky back with solid return skills. Along with Hefney, he can compete for return duties with Reid.

6. Curtis Johnson, OLB, Clark Atlanta

I love this guy. He will be converting from 4-3 DE. Right now he is a great pass rusher and has the athletic ability to drop into coverage. He has also been worked out inside and could provide the same versatility the Steelers got in Timmons last season. He is also a special teams demon and will find an immediate niche there.

Thoughts? :tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Rachal and Cherilus are both projected in the first round by many experts. No way they last until our picks in rounds 2 and 3.

MDSteel15
03-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Isn't Willie Parker enough Tar Hell for this team? LOL
I really don't like Balmer anyhow. Besides, I agree with TSK.

Rhee Rhee
03-01-2008, 06:34 PM
1. Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

Balmer has experience as a 3-4 end and will fill that role for the Steelers. He will compete with Keisel for playing time and, at least, come off the bench to spell Smith and Keisel.

2. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

If he falls this far, he is a no-brainer. He would step in at RT and allow Colon to move inside to C.

3. Chilo Rachal, OG, Southern Cal

By many accounts, the Steelers are in love with this guy and he should be able to compete with Kemoeatu for the LG spot left vacant by Faneca's departure.

4. Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee

Hefney can play FS, CB, and return kicks. He will fill an immediate need on special teams and could develop into a starting FS.

5. Thomas Brown, RB, Georgia

Brown reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew. He is a short, stocky back with solid return skills. Along with Hefney, he can compete for return duties with Reid.

6. Curtis Johnson, OLB, Clark Atlanta

I love this guy. He will be converting from 4-3 DE. Right now he is a great pass rusher and has the athletic ability to drop into coverage. He has also been worked out inside and could provide the same versatility the Steelers got in Timmons last season. He is also a special teams demon and will find an immediate niche there.

Thoughts? :tt02:

i LOVE this draft... like love it...

only problem i dont see rachal being there in the third.. but other than that it looks very good...