PDA

View Full Version : Farve

Lyn
10-31-2005, 03:51 PM
The last play of the game yesterday was a tough one to watch. Farve
faked the spike and he was the only one on the field ready for that.
He scrambled a bit, crossed the LOS and then tossed an underhanded
pass to a teammate. Brett then stumbled/fell and ended up very winded
on his back. To me, it was embarassing, to see a future HoF QB look
like that on one last play.

I hope he has better days this year but not against the Steelers next
Sunday!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Favre just doesnt have enough to carry that team.. no running back, no FB, 1 good WR, OL has more holes than a colander..defense , well there is none..

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Put Farve on another team and he's a grat quarteback again.
The Packers are in a great deal of trouble.....
Speaking of the last play of the game....
It looked like Farve was the only Packer running at the time..
It was pathetic......Farve has a lot of heart...and somehow hes gotta spread that around the team.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Lets not dismiss the impact of the asshole Bungle fan had on the Packs momentum.

Koopa
10-31-2005, 07:31 PM
farve is done, he needs to call it quits cause he's just gonna keep screwing up his legacy.....well not really but i'd hate for ppl to remember him like this and not what he did in the past. it's time to put, who i think is going to be a bust, arron rodgers in and let him get beat up so they can end his career early and start focusing on drafting a good qb

Suitanim
10-31-2005, 07:47 PM
He had a great game the week prior to the Bengals game, so HE still has what it takes. But he tried too hard to make things happen yesterday, and the team around even before all the injuries pretty much sucks.

This will be his last year, and hopefully the players around him will respect him enough to at least go through the motions and not get the guy killed in the 2nd half of the season.

tony hipchest
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
that underhanded throw was a bullet!! right on the mark too. because of him they had a chance to tie it at the end. if this year ends horribly he might come back again to go out on a better note. i think he should play as long as he wants too. hes still gotta survive blitzburgh though.

Suitanim
10-31-2005, 08:22 PM
that underhanded throw was a bullet!! right on the mark too. because of him they had a chance to tie it at the end. if this year ends horribly he might come back again to go out on a better note. i think he should play as long as he wants too. hes still gotta survive blitzburgh though.

I don't know, I don't see the Pack improving that much around him next year, and he's broken a ton of records, and will break a bunch more before the year is over...the one's he doesn't break (like Marino's Yards and TD's) he's not gonna break no matter how long he stays. The guy has done it all (including what Marino never could...win a SB)and is a first ballot unanimous HOFer. He was the ultimate gunslinger QB, and I'll be sad to see him go, but it's time to hang it up...

Prosdo
11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
I think Farve still has what it takes, but the team he had is falling apart around him. They have lost WR's and RB's I think. I don't see them salvaging this season.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Brett is such a competitor and a tough guy..but you wonder if he is second guessing his decision to return this year...

clevestinks
11-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I really think the fan blew the any chance for Favre to have comeback. He had the Bungles back on thier heals, they were in a two minute offense and driving. The fan runs out, and the officials call timeout. The bungles huddle up make a personell change , regroup and get to Favre. I am a huge Favre fa, not this week, but he will have more interceptions than anyone else in the HOF when all is said and done.

tony hipchest
11-01-2005, 06:27 PM
bottom line is that farve is still getting paid alot of $$$ to do a job he loves. if it werent the packers there are about 16 other teams who would pay him good money to qb their team. maybe k. warner shouldve retired several years ago but list time i checked hes made a good living here recently. farve has got a lot more in the tank than k warner.

pitt
11-02-2005, 12:27 AM
I like Favre and feel bad for him right now. The whole team is struggling.

LambertIsGod58
11-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Favre is in NO WAY done....Anyone who knows anything about the game can see that HE HAS TO try and carry the team on his shoulders. If Favre was on the Steelers, we'd be 7-0 right now.

Suitanim
11-02-2005, 09:44 PM
That's missing the point, though. Favre still can play, but he has nothing around him, and that hurts him and makes him look worse. What does he have left to prove? The Pack is at least a couple years away from being able to provide any QB a chance to win, and he was pretty much ready to hang it up last year.

I think he retires at the end of '05 and is a 1st ballot unanimous HOF'er in a few years.

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Its gonna be sick if he ends up burning us this week. I hope not but I wouldn't be suprised.