PDA

View Full Version : Browns Are Passing Steelers By

Elvis
03-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Let the new reign of AFC North Favorites Begin Folks.. Yep, you heard it hear 1st. The Browns are improving as we speak. Stallworth added at WR and the 2 massive DL coming over from the Packers. The Steelers are gonna stand pat and let the division slip away. If the Steelers are gonna keep a hold of the division this upcoming '08 season they must improve their O Line and defensive line as well. I am not trying to be unSteeler like folks, but if the Steelers dont improve these areas I honestly believe that we are gonna get passed by by the upcoming young Browns.
:coffee:

fansince'76
03-01-2008, 07:35 PM
I think I'll wait until the Browns actually win a game against the Steelers (something that hasn't happened in almost five years now) before I push the panic button. Especially a Browns team that doesn't have a draft pick until the FOURTH round this year. :yawn:

revefsreleets
03-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Big shock considering the source...I guess the question becomes "Will the Browns win the super bowl before Armageddon?"

How's overpaying in free agency worked out for the Redskins? The way to win super bowls, Hell, the way to even GET to a super bowl is to build through the draft. The Browns improved their DL but took a huge blow to their secondary, have only one real LB and don't have a pick in the draft until late in the second day.

Atlanta Dan
03-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Well - shit happens

No team has repeated as AFC North champ since 2002 - the cap and free agency is designed to encourage musical chairs among the teams

ShutDown24
03-01-2008, 07:44 PM
You can't say they aren't having a good free agency, but the Browns winning the division most definitely isn't set in stone. The thing that I keep coming back to is Anderson. Say what you will about how 'amazing' he played last year, I knew when it mattered he would choke. I think we are safe until Cleveland finally puts Quinn in, and we may be even safer when that happens than we are now. No, on paper this team looks great - but in the end they are always going to be the Browns... And, lol, you didn't hear that here first.

TeeJay
03-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Weren't we supposed to fear Baltimore and Cinnci last year?

Besides, NEVER trust a team who play in Orange and Brown - that's just not right!

TeeJay
03-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Cleveland finally puts Quinn in,

I'm sure that's what Electric Sixes front man...Dick Valentine has been waiting for. Oh the royalties. Thousands of fans each week singing Gay Bar to the up and 'coming' QB.

At least he's sure of a warm welcome at Heinz Field!! :helmet:

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-01-2008, 07:58 PM
last i checked, championship aren't handed out in march...

the steelers have 2 glaring weaknesses: a pass rush and an inability to keep roethlisberger off his back. once those two things get fixed i think they'll be fine (and woodley should help with the first item).

the browns have many holes to fill, mainly on defense.

don't jump off the bridge just yet...

delhess
03-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Q. why do the losing teams always claim dominance at this point in the season???

A. Because it's the only time of the year that they can !!!

delhess
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
i'll throw in the towel when the steelers use their first 3 picks in the draft for punters

Preacher
03-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Sure, the Browns are getting better. I am happy to see them do so.

However, FA acquisitions do not guarantee SB runs.

The Browns still have a LOT to work out. But they WILL be tougher this year.

I predict we will split our games against them, I predicted last year that we would sweep, and then split this year and i am sticking to the prediction.

But I'll tell you this much. For the prices that are payed in FA... they will have a HECK of a time keeping that team together in 4 or 5 years... meanwhile, the Steelers will STILL be running strong.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Amen.

delhess
03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
well said preach!

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Well said Preacher.

TackleMeBen
03-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Sure, the Browns are getting better. I am happy to see them do so.

However, FA acquisitions do not guarantee SB runs.

The Browns still have a LOT to work out. But they WILL be tougher this year.

I predict we will split our games against them, I predicted last year that we would sweep, and then split this year and i am sticking to the prediction.

But I'll tell you this much. For the prices that are payed in FA... they will have a HECK of a time keeping that team together in 4 or 5 years... meanwhile, the Steelers will STILL be running strong.
:iagree:

Stu Pidasso
03-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Remember when everyone feared them in '99 when they came back, because they had all the draft picks, and could sign anyone they want? Remember 3-4 years ago, they added a lot of defense, and we said, "UH OH!"

Like above, I'll believe it when I see it.

BUT

If Jamal Lewis, Braylon Edwards, and Anderson play like they did last year, and they do sign a defense, Hmm...

Edman
03-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I know.

Just like the Browns surpassed Pittsburgh last year, and the year before, and the year before that. Cleveland has been beating Pittsburgh in March, but they have yet to beat them in all the other months of the year. Every year is the same thing. Cleveland is up and coming youth, and Pittsburgh is faltering age.

At least Cincy and Baltimore had legit reasons to be wary. They've beaten Pittsburgh recently prior to last year and were the 2 previous division winners. Cleveland hasn't beaten Pittsburgh since Ben was drafted.

No, Cleveland is getting better, but they were getting better last year too. Getting outgained 3 to 1 by the Steelers in total yards in Pittsburgh, but hanging in it thanks to horrible special teams by the Steelers is not a reason to consider that they are surpassing Pittsburgh. I'll go with Preach's prediction that we'll split with them.

OneForTheToe
03-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I agree Preacher ... and Cinci was going to pass us up a few years ago and be a unbeatable force, with Carson "Brady" Palmer and Chad "Jerry Rice" Johnson. How did that work out?

nicesteel4life
03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
HOGWASH! The Browns will still be the Browns......
Steelers formula has worked for many years, has there's
OHHHHH YEAHHHH they dont got any titles and we got the GREAT HALL
They cant even fill the Janitors closet.......

stillers4me
03-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but their QB skeers me.

:toofunny:

TackleMeBen
03-01-2008, 09:45 PM

which one would that be??? anderson or quinn???? :flap:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I bet our first 3 draft picks are better than the Browns this year........Oh yeah, they dont have a pick until the 4th.

LaCharles Bentley,Orpheus Roye, Steinback, Lewis, McGinnist,......they alway make a splash in free agency and end up releasing the guy 3 years later anyways.

fansince'76
03-01-2008, 10:02 PM
LaCharles Bentley,Orpheus Roye, Steinback, Lewis, McGinnist,......they alway make a splash in free agency and end up releasing the guy 3 years later anyways.

And a grand total of 2 winning seasons and one playoff berth since 1999. Division championships aren't won in March.

19ward86
03-01-2008, 10:07 PM
they might win the division, they might be 5-11, that is something we just dont know yet. but as long as we are making assumtions i will say this:

they bigger they are, the harder they fall, and their QB is around 8'7". They still need to work as a team and PRODUCE, Shaun Rogers biggest weakness is that he is a guy who seems to tire after half or so of a season. I dont know who will wear the afc north crown but i bet the black and gold will give them a hell of a fight!!!

TeeJay
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Still doesn't take away from the fact:-

If it looks like shit, plays like shit and smells like shit, then it's probably shit, regardless of who they've drafted.

ChronoCross
03-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Donte a avg to below avg WR at best. Shaun oops I have to sit out 2 more sets because I have always been out of shape.. Ya I see the browns passing us right by.. NOT.. Browns will be the browns..

fansince'76
03-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Donte a avg to below avg WR at best.

Thank you - the guy seems pretty overrated to me as well.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Shaun Rodgers has a rap for taking plays off (when on the field for the plays), being overweight, being lazy, and being trouble.

Corey Williams seems like a solid pickup.

Donte Stallworth had 697 yards and three touchdowns last year.

His best year was 2005 with the Saints when he had 945 yards and seven touchdowns.

The Eagles didn't think enough of him to keep him. They let him walk to the Patriots.

The Patriots didn't think enough of him to keep him, right now the only WR on their roster seems to be Welker.

Dodt
03-01-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah the browns could win a division title , if they move to the nfc south.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Thank you - the guy seems pretty overrated to me as well.

and they gave him SEVEN years...:jawdrop:

verks36
03-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Wait till the draft...

Steeler in Carolina
03-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Best time of the year for Browns fans. They always want to brag about how good their team will be, but then, just like the Bengals, they will not perform.

Edman
03-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Eh, Lets the Clowns have their fun. It's their annual tradition of their organization and fanbase engaging in some kool-aid drinking. Check it out. Clockwork Orange's post sums it up best in terms of kool-aid and empty bragging.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149#s=149&f=1547&t=2124616

They'll say "We picked up so-and-so in a trade, we'll beat the Steelers easily next year". And see the exact opposite when reality sets in.

jjpro11
03-02-2008, 12:00 AM
i heard the same crap last year over and over again. no different this year.. they are spending all this money because they dont have the talent already on their team to take up that salary. look who we have already on our team for christ's sake. troy polamalu, casey hampton, ike taylor, aaron smith, james farrior, james harrison, ben roethlisberger, hines ward, willie parker, santonio holmes, heath miller, etc, etc... theres your free agency right there, already on the team and being paid.

match up the teams and the talent level.. they'd kill for all those guys. you can add in some of our under the radar guys who'd they take in a heartbeat too.. ryan clark, lamar woodley, larry foote, deshea townsend, bryant mcfadden, maybe lawrence timmons. hell, they'd take tomlin and lebeau too if they could as well as our front office.

if we can just sure up our oline, theres no reason to believe we cant dominate them for another 5 years.

Rhee Rhee
03-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Well - shit happens

mhmmm

TeeJay
03-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Just as long as we get a receiver called Swann, they can have a Stallworth. Stallworth on a Browns Jersey though.......that's just not right.....that must even hurt the Browns fans.

j-dawg
03-02-2008, 04:25 AM
heck, i don't think the browns are a lock in the division by a long shot... i think losing bodden is going to hurt them... i guess they're hoping the DL will generate a pass rush this year but with old man McG on the end it's not looking great. I don't mind the stallworth pick-up, much better than carter. after seeing bently go down first day of contact i reserve my judgement on just how well the teams "improved"... i do know they won 10 games last year and have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs this year....

:dang: of the players you've just named roye is the only guy we've released... and he played for the browns WAY more than three years.

Elvis
03-02-2008, 05:30 AM
If the Steelers dont upgrade their O Line this upcoming season we wont have to worry about the long term future of Big Ben long. We have a schedule coming up in '08 that only includes what 2 games other than our divisional games, that we havent got to face a playoff team from this past season? If our O line plays in '08 like it did in '07, then the Steelers havent got a shot at .500.

Elvis
03-02-2008, 05:33 AM
heck, i don't think the browns are a lock in the division by a long shot... i think losing bodden is going to hurt them... i guess they're hoping the DL will generate a pass rush this year but with old man McG on the end it's not looking great. I don't mind the stallworth pick-up, much better than carter. after seeing bently go down first day of contact i reserve my judgement on just how well the teams "improved"... i do know they won 10 games last year and have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs this year....

:dang: of the players you've just named roye is the only guy we've released... and he played for the browns WAY more than three years.
Good morning Dawg, glad to see ya in here protecting your Brownies. I think that your team is definitely moving in ithe right direction this offseason. It is amazing how a good year will just add life to your coaching staff and them being stable about their jobs.

Galax Steeler
03-02-2008, 06:05 AM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

BigBen403
03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
I agree to Clowns are making moves to improve, but since I am originally from Cleveland I have yet to truely see the Clowns do anything. They had a few shots in the AFC Championship game but they managed to soil the bed. The Steelers own the Browns and until the Browns can do something to correct that I wouldnt hand the division over to them or any other team in the North based on what they do in free agency. The Steelers have never made any waves in free angency and they have 5 superbowls to speak of and one of the most followed teams in the NFL. Let's all have faith and wait until the draft. I am pleased to see the Pats losing Samuels, I hope Moss leaves to and creates a rift between Brady and the Ownership..... Go Steelers.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-02-2008, 08:17 AM
... i think losing bodden is going to hurt them...

So who is going to take Boddens spot...Holly?...McDonald?...(Colclough? :jawdrop:)....I have to think that it would be Holly at this point but what is the word out of Cleveland?

83-Steelers-43
03-02-2008, 08:24 AM
It's early March.

I want to at least see if Derek Anderson can do it for more than one season. Maybe they are completely sold on him in Cleveland, but I'm not.

rbryan
03-02-2008, 08:30 AM
I saw that Colclough signed with Carolina. Thats probably a good thing for the Brownies.

I can't get mad at anyone for being excited about thier team at this time of the year. The Browns are tied for first place just like everyone else right now. We need to be a little more understanding. This is as good as it gets for most of these poor slobs.

bangpow
03-02-2008, 08:51 AM

Wait a second, don't the Browns run a 3-4 on D? If so, how is Shaun Rogers going to do on that line?

OgDawg
03-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Wait a second, don't the Browns run a 3-4 on D? If so, how is Shaun Rogers going to do on that line?

Well, no one knows for sure, it depends on how hard he wants to work. He will play nose tackle, and at 360 lbs he will be able to take up two blockers. Corey Williams, and Robaire Smith will be the defensive ends, and Shaun Smith will be the first DL off of the bench.

83-Steelers-43
03-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I saw that Colclough signed with Carolina.

They are paying him $4 million for 2 years. Ricardo Colclough! $4 million for 2 years!....:toofunny:.

And some are complaining and crying over the Rooney way of doing business.

bangpow
03-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Well, no one knows for sure, it depends on how hard he wants to work. He will play nose tackle, and at 360 lbs he will be able to take up two blockers. Corey Williams, and Robaire Smith will be the defensive ends, and Shaun Smith will be the first DL off of the bench.

Wow, I don't know how well Rogers will be at NT, especially since he won't have as much help around him. He's going to run out of gas more often than when he was with the Lions. Being that I live in the Detroit area, I've seen the camera shot of him lumbering off the sidelines grasping for air way too often during games.

j-dawg
03-02-2008, 09:16 AM
So who is going to take Boddens spot...Holly?...McDonald?...(Colclough? :jawdrop:)....I have to think that it would be Holly at this point but what is the word out of Cleveland?

i would think it'd be Holly as well, but McDonald came on strong last year... Eric Wright is the best of the bunch.... but without bodden, feels like we traded to solve one problem and created another.

bangpow
03-02-2008, 09:25 AM
i would think it'd be Holly as well, but McDonald came on strong last year... Eric Wright is the best of the bunch.... but without bodden, feels like we traded to solve one problem and created another.

Rest assured, Bodden will suck in Detroit like everyone else that plays there that were productive prior to playing for that sadsack franchise.

j-dawg
03-02-2008, 09:37 AM
I just read the browns are going to sign DE Travis LaBoy from the Titans... looks like they might have a decent guy on the other side of Wimbley..

steel65
03-02-2008, 10:01 AM
The browns will not win the north. Donte is not worth the money and as soon as he starts with his attitude then he will spread the cancer in the locker room . They still have issues on defence and oh buy the way Anderson will not have that great of a season teams will now know his ways. Lets remember the steelers have always found good and great players in the draft so lets not panicin March.

SteelersJW
03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
How many superbowls do they have?

Zero

That's right

j-dawg
03-02-2008, 10:13 AM
:coffee: you heard it here first..chaos will overcome the locker room, anderson will forget how to throw a football, the defence will manage to all put their left shoes on their right foots. :yawn:

all i know is the browns had a dismal time with their draft picks before savage came on... the core of this team IS from our draft. say what you want, but the browns were 10-6 not 4-12 last year... shessh...

RoethlisBURGHer
03-02-2008, 10:14 AM

That is exactly what my dad said, he's a huge Browns fan.

He liked the defensive line of Corey Williams-Shaun Smith-Robaire Smith

He didn't think they needed Rodgers, and doesn't like the gaping hole it left in the secondary.

j-dawg
03-02-2008, 10:22 AM
That is exactly what my dad said, he's a huge Browns fan.

He liked the defensive line of Corey Williams-Shaun Smith-Robaire Smith

He didn't think they needed Rodgers, and doesn't like the gaping hole it left in the secondary.

i dig the philosophy your dad is kicking... of course, it would be great if rodgers comes in and plays strong... he's atleast an upgrade to ted washington.

X-Terminator
03-02-2008, 10:26 AM

Leave it to j-dawg to put things in perspective about his team. Well done, sir! :cheers:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-02-2008, 10:32 AM
i dig the philosophy your dad is kicking... of course, it would be great if rodgers comes in and plays strong... he's atleast an upgrade to ted washington.

In the AFCN..you have to have monsters up front...(Its man-law).

I think you are gonna been fine with Holly. With Sean Jones behind him...you should be able to cover any percieved weakness. I would just be concerned if Holly and Poole were on the same side of the field....Poole hasnt quite reached his potential yet. (But if I know that ...so does your coaching staff)

TackleMeBen
03-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Rest assured, Bodden will suck in Detroit like everyone else that plays there that were productive prior to playing for that sadsack franchise.

speaking of.. when is kitna going to come out and make his yearly prediction of how many games they will win???:dang::flap:

sorry to all the browns fans, but that trade was dumb. you are getting a lazy guy who spends more time on the oxygen machine than on the field.

bangpow
03-02-2008, 10:40 AM
speaking of.. when is kitna going to come out and make his yearly prediction of how many games they will win???:dang::flap:

The funny party is that they were in position to do it last year, but we all knew around here that they were going to come crashing down eventually.

The worst part is Kitna was name the starter for last season and this season BEFORE last season even started!

TackleMeBen
03-02-2008, 10:46 AM
The funny party is that they were in position to do it last year, but we all knew around here that they were going to come crashing down eventually.

The worst part is Kitna was name the starter for last season and this season BEFORE last season even started!

i live in the detroit area too. i was laughing my butt off when he came out and said that last year. and the lions fans actually believed him... poor lions fans..:flap:

zulater
03-02-2008, 10:59 AM
It's early March.

I want to at least see if Derek Anderson can do it for more than one season. Maybe they are completely sold on him in Cleveland, but I'm not.

I'm with you on that. Maybe I'm wrong but as the season wore on I was liking Derek less and less. Change the uniform and it's basically Tommy Maddox redux. :horror:

steelpride12
03-02-2008, 11:13 AM
The Steelers will never let the poop colored Browns walk all over them and no matter how good the Browns become a division game is always close and a well fought game between both teams.
Until i see them beat us for once of even both games next year i will not consider the Browns a good team that would almost be a crime!

bangpow
03-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Until i see them beat us for once of even both games next year i will not consider the Browns a good team that would almost be a crime!

That might come next season.

fansince'76
03-02-2008, 11:24 AM
That might come next season.

And it might not.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-02-2008, 11:26 AM
And it might not.

As long as Anderson is behind center....gotta go with the "it might not"

TackleMeBen
03-02-2008, 11:38 AM
As long as Anderson is behind center....gotta go with the "it might not"

although if i am the center i would like it better if anderson was behind me and not quinn :wink02:

fansince'76
03-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Eh, Lets the Clowns have their fun. It's their annual tradition of their organization and fanbase engaging in some kool-aid drinking. Check it out. Clockwork Orange's post sums it up best in terms of kool-aid and empty bragging.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149#s=149&f=1547&t=2124616

They'll say "We picked up so-and-so in a trade, we'll beat the Steelers easily next year". And see the exact opposite when reality sets in.

dennn wrote:
OK, let's recap...

The steelers are inbreds, scared, and they suck....

Does that about sum it up?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149#s=149&f=1547&t=2124616&p=2

Yep, certainly hard to argue with such compelling and sound reasoning as that. That site looks like it was invaded by an army of 12-year-olds. :yawn:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-02-2008, 01:10 PM
although if i am the center i would like it better if anderson was behind me and not quinn :wink02:

"Hey coach...Brady said you told him we were supposed to do drills in our jocks only....is that true?"

cubanstogie
03-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't think Stallworth is going to make a difference. Winslow or Edwards will just start whining about how many less balls they catch. Typical selfish crap for guys that are looking for there next big contract. Stallworth had virtually no impact for the Pats and he was playing with a great QB. I don't fear Anderson at all. Give the guy enough rope and he will hang himself. Sure he had some good games but very inconsistent. I am personally glad the Steelers don't fall for the free agency hype. Like I stated in earlier post, if T.O. or Moss or proven player then pay them. I just don't want to sign another Mahan. Maybe I will change my mind If he is moved to guard and we miraculously find a real center. Back to the Browns, this active offseason will just give their drunk and obnoxious fans some excitement and false hope.

TackleMeBen
03-02-2008, 02:14 PM
"Hey coach...Brady said you told him we were supposed to do drills in our jocks only....is that true?"
:sofunny::sofunny: you are so bad LLT...lol

BigBen403
03-02-2008, 03:03 PM
I hate seeing the Browns fans all over chirping about their team. They make some flashy moves and all of a sudden they are taking the AFC North crown, come on. They are even invading the steelers team page on msn sports. I'm from Cleveland but I hate the fricking Clowns....

Edman
03-02-2008, 05:04 PM
I hate seeing the Browns fans all over chirping about their team. They make some flashy moves and all of a sudden they are taking the AFC North crown, come on. They are even invading the steelers team page on msn sports. I'm from Cleveland but I hate the fricking Clowns....

Ignore them. The same thing happens every year.

Cleveland makes a few big splashes in FA, while Pittsburgh watches by idly, Cleveland fans' heads get large and swelled, then the season starts.

BlastFurnace
03-02-2008, 05:29 PM
The bottom line in all of this is that they still need to play the games. I have only seen two teams since the FA period began that spent like crazy go anywhere significant....the 1994 49'ers that won it all and last years Patriots that fell short.

We have seen this act before in the 1999-2000 Jaguars that spent a ton and got nothing out of it but cap hell, nearly every single Redskins offseason since Danny took over, Denver has done very similar things in the past several years, and there are probably more.

IMO, the Browns have made two solid decisions this offseason and 2 very questionable one's:

Signing DA to an affordable contract was a good move. Not only is he tradable, but it is not a huge contract for a starting QB in case he takes it to a higher level next season.

The second good decision was getting Williams from Green Bay for a 2nd round draft pick. What they paid for a young DL that can pressure the QB is less than what Justin Smith got from San Fran and is probably worth the price they will get in production. He can play either a 3-4 or 4-3. I wish we could have signed him.

Rogers is a big gamble due to injury, attitude, and weight issues. He can be dominant if everything goes right for him. He could be just another guy on their roster if he doesn't have the 3 questionable items I mentioned earlier in check that will be nothing more than a rotation guy. Personally, I would have kept Lee Bodden and the draft picks instead of Rogers. Bodden is young, good, and fills a spot on Cleveland's roster where they are not deep. I would not have made this trade.

Donte Stallworth will be on their injury list with hamstring issues by week 3. They paid way too much money for a guy who is not only injury prone, but is an average receiver at best. He is nothing more than a deep threat. If he can't beat you deep, he can't do much in the middle of the field. If they were going to spend that kind of money, they should have signed Bryant Johnson from Arizona, who is younger, better, and not as injury prone.

Cleveland made their strides last season, but that was due to DA really having a season that they didn't expect. If I were a Browns fan, I would be looking at this season as the beginning of a 3 year window to get things done. The problem is that losing nearly every pick on Day 1 of this year's draft will eventually hurt this team because they will not have the young depth it will need to sustain after their window closes.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
The bottom line in all of this is that they still need to play the games. I have only seen two teams since the FA period began that spent like crazy go anywhere significant....the 1994 49'ers that won it all and last years Patriots that fell short.

We have seen this act before in the 1999-2000 Jaguars that spent a ton and got nothing out of it but cap hell, nearly every single Redskins offseason since Danny took over, Denver has done very similar things in the past several years, and there are probably more.

IMO, the Browns have made two solid decisions this offseason and 2 very questionable one's:

Signing DA to an affordable contract was a good move. Not only is he tradable, but it is not a huge contract for a starting QB in case he takes it to a higher level next season.

The second good decision was getting Williams from Green Bay for a 2nd round draft pick. What they paid for a young DL that can pressure the QB is less than what Justin Smith got from San Fran and is probably worth the price they will get in production. He can play either a 3-4 or 4-3. I wish we could have signed him.

Rogers is a big gamble due to injury, attitude, and weight issues. He can be dominant if everything goes right for him. He could be just another guy on their roster if he doesn't have the 3 questionable items I mentioned earlier in check that will be nothing more than a rotation guy. Personally, I would have kept Lee Bodden and the draft picks instead of Rogers. Bodden is young, good, and fills a spot on Cleveland's roster where they are not deep. I would not have made this trade.

Donte Stallworth will be on their injury list with hamstring issues by week 3. They paid way too much money for a guy who is not only injury prone, but is an average receiver at best. He is nothing more than a deep threat. If he can't beat you deep, he can't do much in the middle of the field. If they were going to spend that kind of money, they should have signed Bryant Johnson from Arizona, who is younger, better, and not as injury prone.

Cleveland made their strides last season, but that was due to DA really having a season that they didn't expect. If I were a Browns fan, I would be looking at this season as the beginning of a 3 year window to get things done. The problem is that losing nearly every pick on Day 1 of this year's draft will eventually hurt this team because they will not have the young depth it will need to sustain after their window closes.

Very solid post.....I agree with everything said in this post....The Browns are mortgaging the future for the present.....But their window is open right now so really they had no choice but to try to make a huge impact this off-season....In the NFL the window can close fast....Just look at the Bears who made the Super Bowl in 06...lol It appears their window has shut not even two seasons yet removed from a Super Bowl trip...Their offense is in shambles...Sorry to mention the Bears in a Browns thread but just using an example on how a teams window can close so fast in todays NFL....

The Browns are better on paper and games are not won on paper....But with the Steelers tough schedule in 08 and the Browns improving their DL which I don't want to think about their DL against our sorry OL right now...lol I won't be shocked if the Browns win the AFC North in 2008.....

I do think the Browns have to ditch Anderson though....He is a stiff and that Steelers/Browns game in Pittsburgh proved that...They had to bring him back just in case Quinn isn't ready yet....But they traded back in the first round of the 07 draft for Quinn so in their minds he is their guy...Anderson is just an insurance policy....

This upcoming draft for the Steelers is huge...They needed to at least spend 2-3 picks on their OL and DL....Plus they need players that can hopefully play right away.....especially along the OL.....

TackleMeBen
03-02-2008, 05:44 PM
the brown fans have to have something good to talk about. b/c when it comes to playing they usually blow it.

jjpro11
03-02-2008, 05:50 PM

its ok.. let them invade the boards and talk trash in march.. we'll do the same after we whoop them twice again next season.

Steel Pit
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Donte a avg to below avg WR at best. Shaun oops I have to sit out 2 more sets because I have always been out of shape.. Ya I see the browns passing us right by.. NOT.. Browns will be the browns..

You beat me to it, Stallworth ain't all that. And besides, the Browns still have a FAT B@STARD-Head Coach. I'm certain that Tomlin will always work harder than Rome Croissant.

I'll say it again, "Fat Head Coaches" are not as successful as height/weight proportionate head coaches. If you care to investigate, look at the 42 Super Bowl champion head coaches. The vast majority of them are height/weight proportionate.

If you take offense to my "FAT" reference, well too bad. The facts are the facts.

Crushzilla
03-02-2008, 11:12 PM
You beat me to it, Stallworth ain't all that. And besides, the Browns still have a FAT B@STARD-Head Coach. I'm certain that Tomlin will always work harder than Rome Croissant.

I'll say it again, "Fat Head Coaches" are not as successful as height/weight proportionate head coaches. If you care to investigate, look at the 42 Super Bowl champion head coaches. The vast majority of them are height/weight proportionate.

If you take offense to my "FAT" reference, well too bad. The facts are the facts.

I can't tell if you're serious or not...

Dino 6 Rings
03-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Let the new reign of AFC North Favorites Begin Folks.. Yep, you heard it hear 1st. The Browns are improving as we speak. Stallworth added at WR and the 2 massive DL coming over from the Packers. The Steelers are gonna stand pat and let the division slip away. If the Steelers are gonna keep a hold of the division this upcoming '08 season they must improve their O Line and defensive line as well. I am not trying to be unSteeler like folks, but if the Steelers dont improve these areas I honestly believe that we are gonna get passed by by the upcoming young Browns.

Love your use of Sarcasm.

its the Browns...

Once again...I FEAR NOT THE BROWNS...how about they win a freaking Playoff game sometime this Century before we crown them AFC North Champs.

As I've said plenty of times before, the AFC North belongs to the Steelers. Each year someone tries to take it...from the Steelers.

fansince'76
03-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Once again...I FEAR NOT THE BROWNS...how about they win a freaking Playoff game sometime this Century before we crown them AFC North Champs.

Agreed - I chalk this up to the same pessimism that had them running the table and stealing the division out from under us this past season with about 5 games left. We saw what happened there.

lilyoder6
03-03-2008, 09:09 AM
well the browns are making the moves to let them win the division and play-off games... they are getting better and we just have to wait and see how the new players work out with the team schemes and etc..

The_WARDen
03-03-2008, 09:55 AM
this is a joke right? Okay, now I can go on with my day.

There's only 1 team I ever worry about in the division and that's Baltimore. They have a defense and beat us as much as we beat them. Therefore, they earn my respect.

The Clowns and the Bungles are entertaining and good for me fantasy team but there's no toughness or substance there. They are just flashy pretenders...

:yawn:

Rotorhead
03-03-2008, 10:24 AM
As long as the Clowns play as well this year as last, and go 10-6 they could take the division crown. I dont see the Ratbirds doing it or the Bungles doing it. I do see that our schedule is probably the most difficult any team has had in recent history! If we falter due to Oline and ST issues (something we have yet to repair) I could see them winning the division. I do think we will sweep them . . . but it is VERY possible they will end up with a better record overall if we dont repair OUR glaring holes. That being said, I think we will address our Oline through draft and one more FA signing and our ST will slightly improve from last year . . . which means it is our division :tt02:

stlrtruck
03-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Someone please tell me when was the last time the Steelers have gone overboard, hell even side rail on FAs? It doesn't happen people, the Steelers (as long as I've known) have built through the draft, kept the key players, released the ones that are past their playing prime, and have (for the most part) been competitive.

What are people crying about? Look what the patriots* did this year with all their high priced FAs - they lost. It's not the talent that wins Super Bowls - it's the team!!!

Dizzle43
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
1. Derek Anderson had one good year and hasn't proved anything to me.
2. Their defense still sucks.
3. They can't beat us unless we allow multiple returns for TDs.
4. When was the last time they actually beat us?
5. They are the Browns.

That is all I have to say. :thumbsup:

PalmerSteel
03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
6. they added another convict in rogers. can you say bungals?!

Elvis
03-03-2008, 12:19 PM
So, with next years schedule.. now be reasonable here Steelers fans.. How Many Games Do You Think with This Past Season's Team we WILL Win?
This past seasons' team probably would have been luck to have won 8 games. I just hope that the draft is gonna go better than the usual Steelers Free Agency Goes.
:tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
03-03-2008, 12:39 PM
So, with next years schedule.. now be reasonable here Steelers fans.. How Many Games Do You Think with This Past Season's Team we WILL Win?
This past seasons' team probably would have been luck to have won 8 games. I just hope that the draft is gonna go better than the usual Steelers Free Agency Goes.

Playoff bound again in 08, no fears from me. :tt02:

fansince'76
03-03-2008, 12:40 PM

The Browns have 8 games against playoff teams on their schedule....just like we do. How is their schedule a cakewalk? Signing a couple of DLs and offering a #3 WR (at best) #1 WR money isn't going to fill all their holes either, especially when they had to give up their best DB to do so. To top it off, they have NO draft picks until the 4th round this year.

Hines0wnz
03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Its March 3.

And it doesnt matter how well you dress up the turds, they're still the Browns.

steelpride12
03-03-2008, 02:31 PM
No one knows for sure if Cleveland will have chemistry with all these added players. You could have a team made up of all the best players, but if the chemistry is not there and lacking, then the team will look pretty poor. So until they win the division or in their case some games im not convinced by any of their moves.

Elvis
03-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Cleveland? Last I heard, they still needed a quarterback.
Steelreserve?
M.I.A.?
Anderson is the QB there, dont know how much you been watching this game, but Anderson is gonna be the cause of Quinn not getting to play this '08 season also.
:wink02:

Elvis
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
The Browns have 8 games against playoff teams on their schedule....just like we do. How is their schedule a cakewalk? Signing a couple of DLs and offering a #3 WR (at best) #1 WR money isn't going to fill all their holes either, especially when they had to give up their best DB to do so. To top it off, they have NO draft picks until the 4th round this year.
yeah... fansince, I am aware of that. I do keep up with things pretty well in Steelers news.. just like yourself. I Dont Believe in Anyway that I Said that they Have A Cakewalk Schedule... did I ? I am saying that the Browns whether you or anyone else likes it or not are a very improved team last year and have did nothing but improve their team so far in the offseason.
:helmet:

jjpro11
03-03-2008, 02:59 PM
anderson's true ability will be shown this season. he doesnt have the benefit of padding stats against crap teams.. he has to face legit defenses week in and week out this season. we'll see if he crumbles or if he really is a franchise qb.

Dino 6 Rings
03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Browns are turning into the Bengals North...lots of "me" guys, horrible locker room, coach with zero control over his players...

Win a playoff game, and stop allowing us to destroy your egos every year in the opening game, then maybe, maybe I'll throw you some bread crumbs, til then, you are the Stinking Browns and not worthy of my recognition of your team, except to laugh when I look at the score board and we have once again dominated your lousy butts.

fansince'76
03-03-2008, 03:43 PM
yeah... fansince, I am aware of that. I do keep up with things pretty well in Steelers news.. just like yourself. I Dont Believe in Anyway that I Said that they Have A Cakewalk Schedule... did I ? I am saying that the Browns whether you or anyone else likes it or not are a very improved team last year and have did nothing but improve their team so far in the offseason.
:helmet:

No, what you said in so many words is we've pretty much lost the AFCN to them in March. I don't agree. They gave up their best DB in Bodden (a position they were thin on to begin with) for a guy with "motivation issues" in Rogers - bad gamble.

Let the new reign of AFC North Favorites Begin Folks.. Yep, you heard it hear 1st.

Sound familiar? I'm sorry, I'm not conceding the division to them more than a month before the draft (especially when they don't have squat for draft picks thanks to all their "brilliant" FA moves) and six months before the season starts.

HometownGal
03-03-2008, 04:40 PM
1. Derek Anderson had one good year and hasn't proved anything to me.
2. Their defense still sucks.
3. They can't beat us unless we allow multiple returns for TDs.
4. When was the last time they actually beat us?
5. They are the Browns.

That is all I have to say. :thumbsup:

Best post in this entire thread. :thumbsup:

With regard to #3, however - they still didn't beat us when our ST's allowed Cribbs a 100 yd. TD return and 200+ yards in return yardage. :toofunny:

It is absolutely ludicrous at this point to concede the division to any of the four teams right now, including the Steelers. Holy moly - the NFL draft hasn't been held yet. :jawdrop:

beSteelmyheart
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I say Bring it on!!!! :jammin:
The Steelers have nothing to be "afraid" of, they are the Steelers! They will take care of business like they always do, but I'd love to see some real competition this year. If the Browns can take the division from us this season, they will have earned it.

lilyoder6
03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
if they can get all the players on the same note.. there off will be a very good one with d.a or b.q at qb and then u have edwards, stallworth and winslow to throw to.. and with jamaal running.. thats a very good off.. if if they can get into rythm.. and i agree that getting 2 dt's will not solve there def problems...

revefsreleets
03-03-2008, 08:09 PM
The Browns defense will improve dramatically because of their FA moves. They added quality DL who will occupy blockers and free up their LB's to make plays. They paid too much for them, but they almost had to...they have a ton of cap money and the 3-4 defense is predicated upon the front 3 occupying space. A full 50% of the people posting in this thread still haven't even wrapped their heads around THAT FACT yet, but they are still...

Eh, eff it...what's the point? This thread was stupid to begin with, and it ain't ending any better...

The Browns offense will probably suffer this year, which will effectively mitigate their defensive gains.

LVSteelersfan
03-03-2008, 08:35 PM
You can't say they aren't having a good free agency, but the Browns winning the division most definitely isn't set in stone. The thing that I keep coming back to is Anderson. Say what you will about how 'amazing' he played last year, I knew when it mattered he would choke. I think we are safe until Cleveland finally puts Quinn in, and we may be even safer when that happens than we are now. No, on paper this team looks great - but in the end they are always going to be the Browns... And, lol, you didn't hear that here first.

Don't be surprised if they use Anderson as trade bait to try to pick up a couple draft picks. That would be the smart thing to do. But I don't think the Clowns have a very smart FO so they will probably have a highly paid, so called franchise QB (I have serious doubts about that too) sitting on the bench.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-03-2008, 08:36 PM
"their defense will improve dramatically..."

i highly doubt this...they couldn't stop anyone last year and i see nothing that says that will get any better this season. the scoreboard looked like a pinball machine - they've done nothing to stop that. let's not go overboard in our praise of them or jump off the bridge just yet.

LVSteelersfan
03-03-2008, 08:46 PM

Colchough signed elsewhere today. Can't remember where but he is gone from the AFC North.

Ok I read further into the posts and saw it was Carolina.

LVSteelersfan
03-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I don't think Stallworth is going to make a difference. Winslow or Edwards will just start whining about how many less balls they catch. Typical selfish crap for guys that are looking for there next big contract. Stallworth had virtually no impact for the Pats and he was playing with a great QB. I don't fear Anderson at all. Give the guy enough rope and he will hang himself. Sure he had some good games but very inconsistent. I am personally glad the Steelers don't fall for the free agency hype. Like I stated in earlier post, if T.O. or Moss or proven player then pay them. I just don't want to sign another Mahan. Maybe I will change my mind If he is moved to guard and we miraculously find a real center. Back to the Browns, this active offseason will just give their drunk and obnoxious fans some excitement and false hope.

I hope the Clowns FO doesn't get smart (like that could ever happen) and dangle Anderson out there for draft picks. They can do that now that he has been signed. The Clowns will have a really tough schedule this year unlike last year. I think they will fold like a cheap card table. I know we have the Pats and Chargers but they have to play the second place schedule. I don't see them breaking .500 with that defense of theirs. It is almost impossible to take the worst defense in the league and upgrade it to a serviceable one in just one offseason. I am not worried about them or Cincinnati much. The Ravens will be the worry again this year because they get the last place schedule which gives them a possible two game advantage over us if we split with them.

lilyoder6
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
if they were going to use d.a as trade bait y re-sign him??? he was a rfa so they were going to get a 1st and a 3rd when another team signed him.. how is the off going to suffer next yr??? the off is the same except for the nice addition of stallworth

j-dawg
03-03-2008, 09:18 PM
anderson's true ability will be shown this season. he doesnt have the benefit of padding stats against crap teams.. he has to face legit defenses week in and week out this season. we'll see if he crumbles or if he really is a franchise qb.

the browns basically played the same teams the steelers played last season. who knows how well anderson will play, but give the guy a little credit it's not like he was playing the dolphins every week.

Petesburgh66
03-04-2008, 01:54 AM
this is a joke right? Okay, now I can go on with my day.

There's only 1 team I ever worry about in the division and that's Baltimore. They have a defense and beat us as much as we beat them. Therefore, they earn my respect.

The Clowns and the Bungles are entertaining and good for me fantasy team but there's no toughness or substance there. They are just flashy pretenders...

:yawn:

Agreed.

As for the Brown passing the Steelers? Huh, based on what? That shitty D of theirs?

Edman
03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
It's going to take more than signing a bunch of fat guys to fix a Defense. Their secondary is garbage, and as we all know personally as Steeler fans, a bad secondary is a very nagging achillies heel.

Tony19
03-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not worried. Until the end, the Steelers had the best D in football. If we can improve he pass rush, it'll be even better. We can shutdown Dante, Braylon, and Kellen, just like we have for the past four seasons. Our WR's can expose their terrible secondary, and as long as the OL improves, an AFC North repeat won't be trouble.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Heck Yeah! That's what I like to hear. Let them sign slackers and has beens and never weres, we'll build our team through the draft, take a couple "key" guys in FA once in a while and still pound the pathetic Browns into the dirt.

83-Steelers-43
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Apparently this video has taught us nothing?

r9ZNAYujp6Y

IT'S MARCH.

devo_17
03-05-2008, 01:45 AM
The one reason Pittsburgh will finish ahead of Cleveland is because of the draft. The Steelers do a good job in addressing their needs and choosing the best available pro prospect. Cleveland's past drafts havent really been beneficial until Winslow and Edwards had breakout seasons last year.

lilyoder6
03-05-2008, 09:29 AM
well it would be pretty hard for cle to draft good prospects since they only have 1-2 picks this yr

Edman
03-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Here's some historical facts for everyone.

The Steelers have had only 4 losing seasons since 1990.
The Browns have had only 3 winning seasons since 1990.

So I say let the media drool over their new media darling as if they're the premiere team of the division. It will make it so much fun to beat them again.

The_WARDen
03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Here's some historical facts for everyone.

The Steelers have had only 4 losing seasons since 1990.
The Browns have had only 3 winning seasons since 1990.

So I say let the media drool over their new media darling as if they're the premiere team of the division. It will make it so much fun to beat them again.

agreed...besides, wasn't it just 2 years ago that the AFC North had went from black & white to color according to Chump Johnson? How'd that work out? Now, it's supposedly the Clowns... :yawn:

They had their shot last season and couldn't finish against the Bungles. Now, they can drop back to mediocrity.

TackleMeBen
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
The one reason Pittsburgh will finish ahead of Cleveland is because of the draft. The Steelers do a good job in addressing their needs and choosing the best available pro prospect. Cleveland's past drafts havent really been beneficial until Winslow and Edwards had breakout seasons last year.

well in winslows case he had to rehab his knee from trying to be evil kneivel... (what a smart move). so he probably was set back a year due that..

Dino 6 Rings
03-05-2008, 11:25 AM
the subject of this thread amuzes me "Browns passing Steelers by..."

I mean, they would need to win SIX superbowls to pass us by. Sigh...the Browns bore me.

Hapa
03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't think so...
they were good last year but the Steelers beat them both times, and something about the Pittsburgh D vs. and Browns O and vice versa just doesn't work out for Cleveland.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
they just waaaaaaaaaaaay overpaid for shaun rogers today - a move they'll probably come to regret as he'll have more donut money.

lilyoder6
03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
that was preety big deal for someone who wouldn't cooment on his weight right now.. he should just go buy the closest mcdonald's witht he new contract and have themm deliver to his house

steel striker
03-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Relax guys everyone knows we almost always find our great players through the draft. I know about D. Stallworth going to the pumpkinheads they still need alot a help on the defense side. We will be fine have some faith and, we have locked Big Ben in. I agree we need to beef up our oline and, a few areas on defense the we will be good.

The_WARDen
03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
the subject of this thread amuzes me "Browns passing Steelers by..."

I mean, they would need to win SIX superbowls to pass us by. Sigh...the Browns bore me.

I think the subject works but it needs to be put in the proper context...everyone's reading it as the Clowns are getting better than the Steelers which we all know is a load of crap.

Since they were tied with the Steelers at 10-6 last year, they are indeed passing them by...on the way back down to the toilet where they belong.

SteelerFanInCA
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
More garbage for the pool.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/07/free.agency/index.html?eref=T1

"The Browns were a 10-win team in 2007, just like AFC North champion Pittsburgh. With the Steelers making no real noise thus far, it seems to me the Browns have closed the gap on Pittsburgh and then some. That makes Cleveland the team to beat in its division."

Closed the gap and then some? I don't get it. :dang:

Banks the bonehead at it again.

Dino 6 Rings
03-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Actually, I see the Ravens stepping up a bit, they always seem to do better when no one gives them credit. Likewise, last year, Zero was expected from the Browns, so they surprised people during the season, especailly after the Beat Down we gave them. And then, when they were "good" we beat them again. The Ravens on the other hand, a lot of the "turmoil" between the vets and the coach is gone, so I could see them stepping up a little. Still need more talent on the O side to compete for an AFC Title, but I could see them beating up on the Browns and Bengals.

We'll win the AFC North, no doubt, 12 or more wins, Playoff home game...Now...we just need to win the Playoff home game...which when we DO get through the toughest schedule in the NFL next season with 12 or more wins, we'll be nice and battle tested and ready for the Best the AFC has to offer.

Browns...sigh...nice trendy pick this year...sux to be a Browns fan going in with High Expecations...so sorry brownies...Not Going To Happen.

fansince'76
03-07-2008, 04:34 PM
More garbage for the pool.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/07/free.agency/index.html?eref=T1

"The Browns were a 10-win team in 2007, just like AFC North champion Pittsburgh. With the Steelers making no real noise thus far, it seems to me the Browns have closed the gap on Pittsburgh and then some. That makes Cleveland the team to beat in its division."

Closed the gap and then some? I don't get it. :dang:

Banks the bonehead at it again.

Sure! They gave up their best CB (a position they were paper-thin at to begin with) in exchange for a DL that has a tendency to be a lazy, fat slob, and they got a #3 WR for #1 WR type-money. Also, they have jack squat for draft picks this year due to their "big FA moves." They're WAY better than us now. Damn cheap Rooneys. :coffee:

Steel_12
03-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Our schedule will be the only reason the Browns pass us by. By far the hardest schedule I've seen in a while.

Edman
03-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Cleveland is the team to beat in the AFC North alright. And the Steelers are the team to beat them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh is picked to finish 8-8 or worse because of the "stand patting" they've done so far.

Smidrow
03-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Apparently this video has taught us nothing?

r9ZNAYujp6Y

IT'S MARCH.

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 07:39 AM
I had to bump this one just to laugh at it again. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

CPanther95
02-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Nice bump.

They certainly passed us by, but somebody really should tell them that they are heading in the wrong direction.

revefsreleets
02-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Yup, this thread was a steaming pile of horseshit when it was first posted, and it's a dried up pile of horseshit now.

revefsreleets
02-05-2009, 09:08 AM
:coffee: you heard it here first..chaos will overcome the locker room, anderson will forget how to throw a football, the defence will manage to all put their left shoes on their right foots. :yawn:

all i know is the browns had a dismal time with their draft picks before savage came on... the core of this team IS from our draft. say what you want, but the browns were 10-6 not 4-12 last year... shessh...

This is kind of funny...I know he was being sarcastic, but it turned out to be quite prophetic...

steelerbackr4life
02-05-2009, 09:12 AM
:toofunny: I was in Rolands on the Strip after the parade on Tuesday. It got a little quiet as people were filing out.Then the Lebron commercial where he dreams of being a Brown came on. I let out a nice loud Cleveland sucks! There was a huge roar of laughter. I love the Burgh! ::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

xFreeWord420x
02-05-2009, 09:15 AM

Improve our defensive line? I don't know what team you have been watching all season, but it sure as hell ain't the steelers. The Steelers have the most underrated defensive line as of now. Aaron Smith, Keisel, Hampton. They do exactly what they are supposed, and do more most of the time. As for an OL, we don't necassarily even have to pick up to much. Maybe one player, and then patch it from there. You have to figure, we had 2 guys playing out of position, a rookie.. If we can win with that patchwork, we can win with any. Not to many you could tell they were starting to get comfortable towards the end of the year.

As far as the Browns, when they learn a little consistency, then they might have a winning record. Until then, the best they will do is 7-9. You can't have a winning team when all of your staff is scared of getting fired every year.

verks36
02-05-2009, 09:25 AM
LOL this is great

Edman
02-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Great bump, 76!

Wow. This thread seems like a distant memory, now. If winning XLIII wasn't indication enough, another sweep over Cleveland by a combined score of 41-6 (Including a shutout) should've sold it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
The best part of it is that with Mangini at the helm we can look forward to another 4 seasons of mediocrity in Cleveland.

I'm so happy they didnt hire Schottenheimer, Shanahan or McDaniels.

X-Terminator
02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Browns 4-12
Steelers SB Champs

Yeah, those "young Browns" really passed the Steelers by! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2009, 11:43 AM
HA HA!

Nothing like raising a Moronic Post from the Grave only to KILL IT again!

:rofl:

Fire Haley
02-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Browns fans are still crying over the Holmes TD catch!
ha ha!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=3895120

Oh yeah - it stings

revefsreleets
02-05-2009, 11:49 AM
That's two feet down, bitches!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/holmescatch.JPG

revefsreleets
02-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Another angle:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04H32DNcdq4v3/610x.jpg

devilsdancefloor
02-05-2009, 11:59 AM
lol :doh: elvis has left the building!

jjpro11
02-05-2009, 12:01 PM
bump of the year right there lol

LVSteelersfan
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Better watch out next year. None of us may have any A $ $ E S left from laughing them off watching the Clowns play. Mangini had to be the stupidest pick they could have made. They will totally revamp their whole game plan to try to make Jamal Lewis look like Thomas Jones and IT WILL NOT WORK MANGINA. It should be hilarious watching Lady Quinn show us why 17 teams passed on him in the draft.

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
i can't imagine how bad the Browns are gonna do next season

SteelersinCA
02-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Wow, this is a funny thread. Has Elvis been back since he posted this verbal diarrhea?

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 10:32 PM
That's two feet down, bitches!
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1169/php4988ec9abba18ip3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)]

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6776/php4988ee6a3e081dv6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Called that one didnt you?

Preacher
02-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Called that one didnt you?

Hey BBFW... You've had that sig since we won the last SB.... Don't you think it is time to change it??

SteelerNez
02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Since when does picking up all the free agents that come available work for real. The only team to have success with it is that pats. Its the same old lame browns story. Every offseason they load up on free agent talent, then they talk smack until you would think they have jesus in the backfield only to have it completely blow up in their faces come week 4.

steelax04
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah because they are riding in the whaaaambulance... and you should always yield to emergency vehicles.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
This is the funniest Thread Ever!

well maybe not, the 1492 thread in the Blast Furnace is pretty funny.

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Me thinks it's time this one gets moved to the BF.

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow, this is a funny thread. Has Elvis been back since he posted this verbal diarrhea?

Yeah, he came back to bitch about how Tomlin was a shitty coach and should be replaced this offseason after we lost to the Eagles in week 3. :rolleyes:

7SteelGal43
02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, he came back to bitch about how Tomlin was a shitty coach and should be replaced this offseason after we lost to the Eagles in week 3. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

X-Terminator
02-06-2009, 01:33 PM

Yeah, I remember that. Another classic, but mindless, rant of his. :rofl:

revefsreleets
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
REMEMBER WHEN HE WOULD ONLY POST IN GIANT BOLD CAPS? I SURE AS SHIT DON'T MISS THAT!

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
REMEMBER WHEN HE WOULD ONLY POST IN GIANT BOLD CAPS? I SURE AS SHIT DON'T MISS THAT!

AND MULTICOLORED FONTS? I DON'T MISS THAT EITHER!

:chuckle:

St33lersguy
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I guess not scoring a TD in 6 games qualifies as the clowns passing the Superbowl XLIII champs by

rbryan
02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Stillers must win and lose no more games to the Browns.....especially if its a 4:15 game.

MasterOfPuppets
02-06-2009, 03:26 PM

HEY !!! Thats pretty cool......:scratchchin:

touchdownward
02-06-2009, 06:05 PM

You forgot to include every flippin' smiley available. :doh::applaudit::hatsoff::noidea::tt02::wave::chuc kle::popcorn::laughing::rofl::flap::coffee::chuckl e:

lilyoder6
02-06-2009, 08:23 PM
poor kid.... prob crying in his bed

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I dunno - Elvis wasn't a bad guy at all - just had some weird quirks about him. We've seen worse here.

I used to bust his azz regularly about the bolded, all caps, huge font posts. :chuckle:

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I think Elvis needs to come back and answer his post!

kingkulsteel
02-08-2009, 10:32 AM
The browns are only contenders from april until august of each year.

SC Steeler Steve
02-08-2009, 10:43 AM
I popped open the thread not payiong attention. I thought at first that it was new and the fan was refereing to next season. What a blast to realize this was from last year... LOL Hillarious.

Steeler in Carolina
02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
This Browns will never pass the Steelers. They keep making stupid choices for head coaches. This clown (Mangeni) will be a loser for them for the next 2 or 3 years and then change will happen again.

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok, so the 09 season, the Browns have zero expectations, which means, they'll actually show up this year with no pressure and maybe play a pretty ok season. Maybe even get to 8 wins. Ravens are going to take a step back in my opinion if they don't sure up their linebacker core. Bengals...well...they are a mess still and I don't worry about them at all.

X-Terminator
02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I think Elvis needs to come back and answer his post!

You'll have better luck getting a Shehawks fan to admit they lost XL.

St33lersguy
02-08-2009, 05:00 PM
The browns are only contenders from april until august of each year.

This year the Browns were unofficially eliminated from superbowl contention when they hired Mangidiot