PDA

View Full Version : Any visits scheduled??

aclark99
03-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know if the Steelers have anybody scheduled to visit the burgh in the next coming days? I guess we can take Justin Smith off of that list. Links would be great.

Edman
03-01-2008, 09:59 PM
The Steelers are seemingly looking at Landon Johnson.

http://forums.stillers.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7816

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-01-2008, 10:01 PM
At the worst he would be depth now that Kreidwalt is gone.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-01-2008, 11:27 PM
ben roethlisberger's agents stopped by for a visit today...i'd say that was a pretty important one!

Steeler in Carolina
03-01-2008, 11:39 PM
There is not a lot of free agent to get excited about.

19ward86
03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
randy moss, michael turner, and god are coming in soon.....wait, god is already on our side!

SteelCityMan786
03-02-2008, 12:06 AM
randy moss, michael turner, and god are coming in soon.....wait, god is already on our side!

If moss is his 2007 version where is more mature and looking to help his team get better and help develop the next generation of Steelers Receivers and accepts a lower paycheck, bring him in.

jjpro11
03-02-2008, 12:10 AM
we should have a game predicting who the first free agent to visit pittsburgh will be. i really have no idea but i'll guess jacob bell OG from tennessee.

fansince'76
03-02-2008, 01:31 AM
If moss is his 2007 version where is more mature and looking to help his team get better and help develop the next generation of Steelers Receivers and accepts a lower paycheck, bring him in.

Not happening....any of it. Next.

Elvis
03-02-2008, 05:40 AM
I would have loved to have seen the Steelers get C Jeff Faine, but that aint happening now that he has already signed. I just think that it is hard to find a center in the draft, the Steelers can draft OG's and OT's in the draft. And we all know how the Steelers history is at getting DE's out of the draft. I just hope that Woodley is ready for the OLB job that the Steelers are looking like are willing to just give him.
:coffee:

Galax Steeler
03-02-2008, 06:08 AM

So I guess none of the above will be coming in.

Welcome To Smashmouth
03-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Are there any solid offensive linemen on the market?? I'm thinking we'll undoubtedly go guard first round, and i'm hearing theres a chance we go o-line 2 out of our first 3 rounds (obviously all speculation at this point). i'd say thats the spot to tackle early in the draft...when ben's escapability looks that good and your still hitting the turf more than 30 other quarterbacks, somethings got to give

Zidolos
03-04-2008, 06:01 AM
the only scheduled visit I've been able to find for the steelers is Eugene Wilson but he's going to a couple other places as well, why we haven't even looked at Bryant Johnson or scheduled a visit is beyond me though.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Here is a link to all scheduled free agent visits...for all teams.

http://www.theredzone.org/2008/freeagents/fa_visits.asp

fansince'76
03-04-2008, 07:16 AM
....why we haven't even looked at Bryant Johnson or scheduled a visit is beyond me though.

Because the Rooneys are cheap. :coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Because the Rooneys are cheap. :coffee:

LMAO!!!!.....:stirthepot:

rbryan
03-04-2008, 07:28 AM
I'll be coming home to the Burgh for a visit this week, does that count. lol

rbryan
03-04-2008, 07:29 AM
I think theres about as much chance of me getting signed as there is anyone else now that we've signed our token FA for the year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 07:30 AM
I'll be coming home to the Burgh for a visit this week, does that count. lol

Sure it does....can you play center?

rbryan
03-04-2008, 07:34 AM
No, but I've always thought I'd look good holding a clipboard.

#3 QB, thats my dream job. lol

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 09:06 AM
No, but I've always thought I'd look good holding a clipboard.

#3 QB, thats my dream job. lol

#3 QB for the Steelers?...Heck that makes you qualified to be the starting QB for the Bears!!! Might as well go for the big money!

rbryan
03-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Its important to know your limitations. I'd say that clipboard gig would be the extent of mine. lol

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-04-2008, 09:50 AM
i've always wanted to be the "get back" man...right there in the action!!!

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2008, 11:14 AM
too cold in Chicago, If I'm holding a clipboard, being the 3rd QB Tennessee would be a sweet deal, The chances of seeing the field are so small but you still get the ring...oh wait...the Titans will never get a ring as long as Fisher is coaching..um...ok...maybe Miami cause you know it would be...actually you'd probably see the field a lot in Miami and that would get painful with no oline...maybe in Arizona where Lienert and Warner....are both hurt all the time...nevermind that....How about Oakland cause they have consistancy...oh wait...my bad...

#3 for the Steelers, that's probably the best job in the league!!! Well besides being a starter for the Steelers...or on the coaching staff, or working the hot dog vender booth on game day...actually...anything STEELERS related would be the greatest job in the league!

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 11:22 AM
too cold in Chicago, If I'm holding a clipboard, being the 3rd QB Tennessee would be a sweet deal, The chances of seeing the field are so small but you still get the ring...oh wait...the Titans will never get a ring as long as Fisher is coaching..um...ok...maybe Miami cause you know it would be...actually you'd probably see the field a lot in Miami and that would get painful with no oline...maybe in Arizona where Lienert and Warner....are both hurt all the time...nevermind that....How about Oakland cause they have consistancy...oh wait...my bad...

#3 for the Steelers, that's probably the best job in the league!!! Well besides being a starter for the Steelers...or on the coaching staff, or working the hot dog vender booth on game day...actually...anything STEELERS related would be the greatest job in the league!

I want to be the guy who seperates the right shoelaces from the left shoelaces....or is that position only needed in Cincy?:tap:

LVSteelersfan
03-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I wanna be the guy that runs the little tractor to clear spots on the field when it snows for field goals. Oh damn, only the Cheaters do that.

rbryan
03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
They were dirty cheaters way back then too.....lol

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
I wanna be the guy that runs the little tractor to clear spots on the field when it snows for field goals. Oh damn, only the Cheaters do that.

I want to be the Patriots... Director of Enviromental Usage for Secret Historical Banned Audio/visual Gametape

I wonder who the current D.E.U.S.H.B.A.G. is?

TackleMeBen
03-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I want to be the Patriots... Director of Enviromental Usage for Secret Historical Banned Audio/visual Gametape

LLT,

you kill me with your post.. :sofunny::sofunny: that might be a three way between brady, kraft and belicheck

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-04-2008, 02:25 PM

how long did it take you to dream that one up?

good stuff - gave me a good laugh!