PDA

View Full Version : Browns fans at FB practice...

19ward86
03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
My head coach, running backs coach, defensive backs coach, wide recievers coach, offensive linemans coach, and about 30% of my friends at football are all avad football fans, as well as browns fans. We had lifting today and i figured i would get an ear full of how awesome the browns are now and how they already bought their soup bowl tickets etc......

I was right, i found out today that donte stallworth is as good as randy moss even though he hasnt been in high demand since he left the saints. When i mentioned that i am a firm believer that Derrek Anderson can never be a top QB and that overthrowing a 6'4" reciever that runs a 4.4 is not what i call accuracy, i also said that Brady Quinn will win the starting job by the end of the year. First thing that came out of my wide recievers coachs mouth was "maybe he can go run himself into a windshield".....hitting below the belt is an illegal move my friend!

I know i sound profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery to some on this forum about the browns but i analyze teams and say what i see. I am more than happy to admit our O-line cant block, or that our secondarys weakness is the deep ball. Sorry if i sound profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery to some but im not doing it cause it is the browns, im doing it because they make moves that i would expect from an Arena Football League owner...Jon Bon Jovi, what kind of owner is that?

Preacher
03-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Profanity filter. What in the world???

Did you all know that jackass was in the bible?

Guess that isn't a profanity filter word~!

fansince'76
03-04-2008, 02:45 AM
i also said that Brady Quinn will win the starting job by the end of the year. First thing that came out of my wide recievers coachs mouth was "maybe he can go run himself into a windshield".....hitting below the belt is an illegal move my friend!

And how much playing time did KW2 miss after playing Evel Knievel in a parking lot? Seems to me a hell of a lot more than Ben did. People in glass houses. :coffee:

Preacher
03-04-2008, 02:51 AM
And how much playing time did KW2 miss after playing Evel Knievel in a parking lot? Seems to me a hell of a lot more time than Ben did. People in glass houses. :coffee:

Amen brother!

j-dawg
03-04-2008, 08:03 AM
My head coach, running backs coach, defensive backs coach, wide recievers coach, offensive linemans coach, and about 30% of my friends at football are all avad football fans, as well as browns fans. We had lifting today and i figured i would get an ear full of how awesome the browns are now and how they already bought their soup bowl tickets etc......

I was right, i found out today that donte stallworth is as good as randy moss even though he hasnt been in high demand since he left the saints. When i mentioned that i am a firm believer that Derrek Anderson can never be a top QB and that overthrowing a 6'4" reciever that runs a 4.4 is not what i call accuracy, i also said that Brady Quinn will win the starting job by the end of the year. First thing that came out of my wide recievers coachs mouth was "maybe he can go run himself into a windshield".....hitting below the belt is an illegal move my friend!

I know i sound profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery to some on this forum about the browns but i analyze teams and say what i see. I am more than happy to admit our O-line cant block, or that our secondarys weakness is the deep ball. Sorry if i sound profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery to some but im not doing it cause it is the browns, im doing it because they make moves that i would expect from an Arena Football League owner...Jon Bon Jovi, what kind of owner is that?

well, i agree that D/A isn't the answer, but you have to remeber, they've witnessed some pretty horrible quarterback play while watching the browns... D/A certainly is an upgrade to Mark Rypien, Eric Zeier, Ty Detmer, Spergon Wynn, Doug Pederson, Luke McCown,Trent Dilfer, and Charlie Frye. but yeah you're right, last year he wasn't very accurate.... maybe he worked on that in the offseason, doubt he's made much improvement, but won't know until the season starts.

(Tim Couch, Jeff Garcia, and Kelly Holcomb were able to atleast score TD's)

as far as the knock on the browns front office moves i have to disagree, Phill Savage has made the right moves to put the Browns in contention, if you look at the team he was given when he came in, the amount of busted 1st round picks the Browns had before he arrived, i'm sorry dude, but your comparison to Phil Savage and Jon Bon Jovi is absolutly ridiculous. i'm not saying the teams going to dominate, they certainly didn't last year... but they'll be able to compete... and that has ALOT to do with the GMs moves.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Dude, stress not about it. The Browns aren't anything to Fear. The Browns are now a bunch of Me guys, with a messed up Locker Room, a Coach who will be in in the hot seat if they don't win 11 games (10 wasn't enough last year) and a fan base that will be calling for a QB change the second the starter starts to make mistakes. They are NOT going to take the AFC North From us, they are going to get BEAT DOWN again and again and again and again by us. Bottom line. Ohio Teams are our BIATCHES!!!

19ward86
03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Didnt realize that the "C" word needed to be filtered...

Since the browns have had around 3 descent lineman per year on their roster i dont mind them signing lineman but i believe they could of saved money by signing corey wiliams to a 6 year $24 million instead of a $42 million. They could of signed stallworth to a 7 year $28 million or less contrat. I noticed a couple of teams that were signing players that ive never heard of to huge contracts, Raiders sign Tommy Kelly to a $50 million contract, what is that...

Rhee Rhee
03-04-2008, 05:55 PM
well, i agree that D/A isn't the answer, but you have to remeber, they've witnessed some pretty horrible quarterback play while watching the browns... D/A certainly is an upgrade to Mark Rypien, Eric Zeier, Ty Detmer, Spergon Wynn, Doug Pederson, Luke McCown,Trent Dilfer, and Charlie Frye. but yeah you're right, last year he wasn't very accurate.... maybe he worked on that in the offseason, doubt he's made much improvement, but won't know until the season starts.

as far as the knock on the browns front office moves i have to disagree, Phill Savage has made the right moves to put the Browns in contention, if you look at the team he was given when he came in, the amount of busted 1st round picks the Browns had before he arrived, i'm sorry dude, but your comparison to Phil Savage and Jon Bon Jovi is absolutly ridiculous. i'm not saying the teams going to dominate, they certainly didn't last year... but they'll be able to compete... and that has ALOT to do with the GMs moves.

noooo thats just cause you guys had a ton of cap room...

j-dawg
03-04-2008, 07:40 PM
noooo thats just cause you guys had a ton of cap room...

we had so much cap room BECAUSE of phil savages moves :dang:

BlastFurnace
03-04-2008, 08:23 PM

Honestly, I think you guys have added a very good player in Williams, but I feel you have also gambled heavily on two of your signings in Rogers and Stallworth.

The Browns are a good team...I'm not going to deny that, but they gave up their best player where they were already paper thin...DB's.

You're very competitive and have a lot of reason to be excited about next season, but you're not built for the long run.

j-dawg
03-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Honestly, I think you guys have added a very good player in Williams, but I feel you have also gambled heavily on two of your signings in Rogers and Stallworth.

The Browns are a good team...I'm not going to deny that, but they gave up their best player where they were already paper thin...DB's.

You're very competitive and have a lot of reason to be excited about next season, but you're not built for the long run.

last year, the browns didn't have a single incident in the looker room that merited a "personality" problem. i'm sure it had a lot to do with the wins as winning usually makes things better. there was boddens airport incident, but it was off the field.

as for the paper thin DB's, mel tucker was the DB coach last year, he's now the defensive cord. I can't tell you how many times i watched a lead get taken away 'cause the D-line couldn't generate a pass rush and the DB's were put into a prevent situation. Wright and McDondald certainly held their own last year. Sure there's some depth issues, but excuss me if i'm not seeing the worse case scenerio you're painting right now.... any DB in the NFL has a tougher job when their line isn't putting pressure on the QB.

stlrtruck
03-05-2008, 08:22 AM
any DB in the NFL has a tougher job when their line isn't putting pressure on the QB.

Ain't that the truth. Seen it happen too many times with the Steelers the last two years.

BlastFurnace
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
last year, the browns didn't have a single incident in the looker room that merited a "personality" problem. i'm sure it had a lot to do with the wins as winning usually makes things better. there was boddens airport incident, but it was off the field.

as for the paper thin DB's, mel tucker was the DB coach last year, he's now the defensive cord. I can't tell you how many times i watched a lead get taken away 'cause the D-line couldn't generate a pass rush and the DB's were put into a prevent situation. Wright and McDondald certainly held their own last year. Sure there's some depth issues, but excuss me if i'm not seeing the worse case scenerio you're painting right now.... any DB in the NFL has a tougher job when their line isn't putting pressure on the QB.

It will be interesting to see what these additions will do for your defense next season. Neither Williams or Rogers have been great pass rushers in the past, although Williams has had 7. If they don't get enough pressure, you're in the situation with the DB's having to cover longer than normal.

In either case, the season for the Browns next season depends on if Anderson can come close to his 2007 production. Personally, I think Anderson is a very good QB and is certainly capable of being even better this season.

lilyoder6
03-05-2008, 09:16 AM
i want to know what they are going to do with williams and rogers... both starting dt's but the browns play a 3-4... they could switch them in and out but then they might get angry about it.... so i want to know how they are going to use them 2