PDA

View Full Version : Check This Strength of Schedule List!!!

Elvis
03-04-2008, 09:55 AM
http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp?Order=%

HometownGal
03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow - looks like we indeed have the toughest schedule on paper. As usual, the Pats* get a cake schedule because of the division they are in. :dang:

stlrtruck
03-04-2008, 10:10 AM
And we all know that with changes in the team via the off-season can change that strength in a moment's notice

With the exception that (at least for now) the patriots* will have a cake schedule.

BlastFurnace
03-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Things change from year to year, so that will undoubtedly change by around...week 5 of next season.

The Patriots strength of schedule is skewed because their 6 divisional games against teams that are absolutely terrible.

As long as the Steelers take the schedule one game at a time, they will be fine.

Tony19
03-04-2008, 10:14 AM
What I am wondering is why the NFL dosen't crack down and give the Pats' a rough schedule? They were great publicity last year, and their games got huge ratings, so why not have them play their divisional opponets, then the Colts, Packers, Cowboys, Chargers, Steelers and the Jags (or equally challenging teams)?

klick81
03-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow. I'm shocked at how much of a cake walk the Patsies* apparently will have next year.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
its no cake walk for the Pats, we are on their schedule.

It matters not. I'd rather play tough, and win, then play a cake walks and lose. IE: Jets and Arizona games in 07. Give me a schedule that we have to play our very best each and every week. Battle Tested for the Playoffs. Bring it ON!!! YEAH!

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Pats play the AFC West and NFC west, including games in Seattle, in Oakland, in San Diego, in San Fransisco. That's a lot of travel.

They then draw the Steelers and the Colts.

We both play #1 Scedules, which includes the winners for the other AFC conferences, we play the Chargers, and New England, and the Colts because we play the AFC South. We play the NFC East, which had 3 play off teams, so that bumps our "ranking" up on toughest schedule. Skins, Boys, Giants all playoff teams. Also, Titans, Jags, Colts, playoff teams. Then the Chargers and Pats round out the 8 playoff teams out of the 16 games we play.

Will the Pats dominate the AFC east again? Who knows, Jets are making a lot of moves, so are the Phins, Bills didn't hurt themselves getting Stroud either. All 3 teams want to get "revenge" on some of the running up the score situations and you know Bill Parcells wants the Pats bad. It'll be tougher than people think. Especially with all that out West Travel.

stlrtruck
03-04-2008, 10:50 AM
As long as the Steelers take the schedule one game at a time, they will be fine.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

LVSteelersfan
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Fortunately there is no way to predict how well the teams we will play next year will be. For all we know the Pats might totally suck because their defense cannot keep up with anyone. That is doubtful, but you never know. The NFC East is going to be tough, but we should be able to stay with them as long as we get our O-line problems fixed. If our O-line sucks, we will be lucky to break .500 next year but I have faith in the FO to get it fixed.

jjpro11
03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
lots of primetime opportunities. every other week is going to be a big matchup. should be a fun season.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
A bi-week in the second half of the year would be a very nice change of pace for sure.

lilyoder6
03-04-2008, 01:56 PM
it would be nice to get a lot of televised games this yr with the sch looks... and i hope we get a bye week late in the yr as well

fordfan485
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Does anyone have a comparable list for this past season, curious to see how hard our schedule was compared to other teams.

OneForTheToe
03-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Even if this shcedule turns out to be as tough as advertised (which is not a guarentee) look at the rest of our division. Ravens 5th hardest, Bungles 7th and the Brownies 9th most difficult. We will be fine in our division, me thinks.

Preacher
03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
9-7 will win the division this year probably.

We will probably go what, 9-7, 10-6. Then eek out a win the first round and lose the second.

However, it will be a heads up that this team is coming on strong for another 5-7 years of domination.

SteelCityMan786
03-04-2008, 07:35 PM
yeah well, this could help the Steelers if they do well enough with tie-breakers. Strength of schedule in some cases do help break playoff ties.