PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker status?

moedap
03-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Has there been any news reports on how his rehab is going with the broken leg?

TackleMeBen
03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
What do I look like, a doctor?

but i stayed at a holiday inn express last night :flap:

moedap
03-04-2008, 12:56 PM

Funny wiseguy! I didnt ask u what his status was I asked had there been any news reports of his status. Like on the local TV stations.

stlrtruck
03-04-2008, 01:21 PM

Even if you were a doctor, the question would then be - ARE YOU FWP's DOCTOR? :flap:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Has there been any news reports on how his rehab is going with the broken leg?

Steelers must consider Parker?s long-term prognosis
By Tony Ferrante

................?Fortunately? for the Steelers, Parker suffered a broken bone, as opposed to a torn ACL or something similar. I?m no doctor, not even close, but based on past injuries, the healing of a broken bone, along with the required rehabilitation, is a quicker process rather than the much more indepth knee surgery.

However, if they?re smart, and I think the organization as a whole are, they need to at least start making some contingency plans in the event that Parker?s return doesn?t portray himself as quite the ?Fast Willie? as he was before that rushing attempt on the turf in St. Louis.

Let?s face it, Parker?s ?modus operandi? is speed, and lots of it. Willie Parker will never be in the same category of Jerome Bettis, or Najeh Davenport for that matter. That?s not a bad thing, of course, but it?s just the nature of the beast. Parker will never be one of those backs who go through linebackers, such as Bettis did to Brian Urlacher, or more recently, Davenport did to the Rams? defense. Parker?s best attribute is finding the hole and exploding through it with his 4.2/40 speed.

The Steelers need to very concerned, however, with the real possibility that the post-injury Fast Willie Parker may not be quite as fast as he once was. .........

So it begs the question, should the Steelers consider acquiring a running back in either the offseason via free agency, trade, or in the draft ??

(Entire article can be found at below link)
http://mvn.com/nfl-steelers/2007/12/23/steelers-must-consider-parkers-long-term-prognosis/

Older article but may help answer some questions...hope it helps.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Here is a more recent update on Willie.

CBSSports.com

Steelers RB Willie Parker returned to Pittsburgh last week to begin rehabilitation after breaking his right fibula Dec. 20 at St. Louis, according to the Post Gazette. Kevin Colbert, the team's director of football operations, said Parker should be as good as new before too long. "That injury will heal. It's not the weight-bearing bone," Colbert said. "All indications are that he should be fine. Had he done that early in the season, we would not have put him on injured reserve because he could have, at some point, come back." The injury ended a productive but not spectacular season for Parker. He was among the NFL's leading rushers with 1,316 yards, but he only had two touchdowns. He also had 23 catches for 164 yards.
(Updated 01/25/2008). http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/494527

moedap
03-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Thank you LLT

SteelFist
03-04-2008, 02:43 PM
but i stayed at a holiday inn express last night :flap:

:sofunny: Thats Good! I'm surprised nobody caught that one!

19ward86
03-04-2008, 03:04 PM
im a doctor...

Elvis
03-04-2008, 03:34 PM
I think that the signing of milwede or howere you spell his name is gonna be insurance just in case he is not 100% ready. This just seems to tell me that the Steelers are not gonna be in the market for a battering ram type back in the burgh..
:tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 03:43 PM
im a doctor...

Just because you call yourself "the Love Doctor" on certain internet sites....does not make you qualified to make a medical assesment. :nono:

TackleMeBen
03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
:sofunny: Thats Good! I'm surprised nobody caught that one!

yeah me too. i couldnt resist though..lol

memphissteelergirl
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Just because you call yourself "the Love Doctor" on certain internet sites....does not make you qualified to make a medical assesment. :nono:

:sofunny::sofunny:

43Hitman
03-04-2008, 07:40 PM

:sofunny::jammin:

Galax Steeler
03-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Great news on willies part.

Tankus_Maximus
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm a doctor.....of THUG-ENOMICS!

tony hipchest
03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
as per sirius interview with kevin colbert, parker is fine and right on schedule to be 100%.

the trainers already have him sprinting but not yet cutting. willie is a fighter and will come back good as new.

Preacher
03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
as per sirius interview with kevin colbert, parker is fine and right on schedule to be 100%.

the trainers already have him sprinting but not yet cutting. willie is a fighter and will come back good as new.

Thanks for the info.

that is great to hear. COME ON WILLIE!!!!

TackleMeBen
03-07-2008, 04:37 PM

if he is coming back as good as new, does that mean he will be faster than what he was before.. (if that is the case i feel sorry for the other teams then..lol):wink02: