PDA

View Full Version : Tired of it

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Jamal Lewis saying hes not playing full speed because hes in a contract year!!

I think any player who says there not putting 110% into every game for any reason should be benched by the coach.
Playes get played alot of money, and yes their careers couls end at anytime, but i think players need to be more team oriented and not worry about money.
There is no commitment to a team anymore
If i was a coach and a player told me he wasnt playing full speed because he didnt want to get hurt......Hed be sitting on the bench......Dont care who he is
This is FOOTBALL.
Love the game.....or dont play.

Livinginthe past
10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Would you bench him if it was a playoff game?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-31-2005, 06:36 PM
If i was the coach of the steelers, and Big Ben said the day before the superbowl that he wasnt going to play full speed then i would bench him........i dont care.
The team should come first.....winning should come first....not next year contracts....
I understand that if he get hurt it will effecct future contracts but if your gonna step onto a football field you have to play 110%.......
If your more worried about getting hurt than you are about gaing yards.... why would you play????

Lyn
10-31-2005, 07:23 PM
If i was the coach of the steelers, and Big Ben said the day before the superbowl that he wasnt going to play full speed then i would bench him........i dont care.
The team should come first.....winning should come first....not next year contracts....
I understand that if he get hurt it will effecct future contracts but if your gonna step onto a football field you have to play 110%.......

I completely agree with you. Football is all about the TEAM, not next year's contract.

In the end it is the fan that suffers. At the end of the night these players go home to their millions of dollars and in most cases his trophy wife. Absolutely no need to bring contractual disagreements to the fan, the player plays 110% at all times or sit his butt on the bench until which time he can become a real MAN.

Koopa
10-31-2005, 07:35 PM
he's just trying to get paid, i don't down anyone trying to get paid. i'm glad he's not playing a 110% because it makes the game easier for us to win. and hell no i wouldn't bence big ben if he said that before the superbowl, him playing 60% is 10x better the batch or maddox playing at 150%

Suitanim
10-31-2005, 07:44 PM
At this rate, he's going to be looking at Vet minimum next year...and, again, at this rate, that's all he'll be worth.

You have a convicted felon with a bad attitude playing the most physically demanding position in the game who was injured for a couple games last year while showing signs of decline and is simply not performing THIS year at all.

Whatever, Jamal...

Prosdo
11-01-2005, 11:21 AM
The way I see it is, if I have a player who is in a contract year and isn't playing the way he could because of it. I wouldn't want him on my team. By not playing all out he is hurting his coaches and his teammates. That's not exactly good for morale. When it comes down to game time you have to bring all you have to the field. You can't just hold back because you're in a contract year.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Jamal hasnt done squat all year...if he's not productive, bench him. Its about the team, and right now, Chester Taylor is playing better than Lewis is.