PDA

View Full Version : Clinton and Obama on same ticket...

Polamalu Princess
03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/8852.html

This is very interesting.:duel:

Godfather
03-05-2008, 12:47 PM
That might be the only way to keep the party together. Neither one can win outright--there aren't enough elected delegates left. That means the superdelegates will decide the nomination, and the supporters of the losing candidate will say "We wuz robbed". Especially if Obama gets the nomination and Michigan and Florida would have put Hillary over the top.

Having them on the ticket together might avoid a situation where the nominee is seen as the nominee*.

OneForTheToe
03-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Having the two of them on the ticket might help win the election for the Dem?s, but it would be a mess as practical matter. I see whoever is the vp in the Administration resigning within two years.

Polamalu Princess
03-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Having the two of them on the ticket might help win the election for the Dem?s, but it would be a mess as practical matter. I see whoever is the vp in the Administration resigning within two years.

I 100% agree. I just cannot imagine life with an Administration like this.

stillers4me
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Hillary would never be happy with sloppy seconds.

What was I thinking?.....she's used to that........:dang:

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Either one will beat McCain.

revefsreleets
03-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Neither one will beat McCain, or else they wouldn't be talking about it.

And Colin Powell is the GOP ace-in-the-hole. He doesn't want to run as VP, but I suspect he can be convinced...

fansince'76
03-05-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm not sure if he meant that as far as the election goes or their possible performance as Chief Executive goes.... :scratchchin:

Atlanta Dan
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM

Obama knows if he was veep for HRC his job would be to park cars. Besides that, she will lose in November if nominated for Prez and Obama can run again in 2012 - if so, his banners next time in the primaries will be "I Told You So" rather than "Change"

Gore had a good friendship with Bill & Hill that was completely ripped up after serving 8 years as Veep under Clinton - those two treat everyone who works for them as the hired help

Atlanta Dan
03-05-2008, 06:41 PM

And Colin Powell is the GOP ace-in-the-hole. He doesn't want to run as VP, but I suspect he can be convinced...

Powell has not exactly declared his undying support for the GOP nominee at this point

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g5iG-pbWi7Ea1rXRYpjWh5hmzQuQ

revefsreleets
03-05-2008, 06:47 PM
(sigh)

Discussing politics on a message board again...

tony hipchest
03-05-2008, 06:48 PM
as reve and atl dan have pointed out in the columbia thread, foreign policy is a weakness of these 2 candidates. (it sure isnt a point of strength)

if obama gets the nod and chose hilary over bill richardson (or vice versa) i would severely question their judgement, and mccain could easilly get my vote.

foreign policy (& restoring our image) is important to me, especially in these volotile times.

unfortunately nobody knows richardson and both dems could look at this as a weakness. (another severe lack in judgement IMO)

while richardsons campaign $$$$ speak softly, his record and resume speaks for itself.

i would rather pick the right running mate and lose than pick the wrong 1 and win.

unfortunately this is a popularity contest...

Atlanta Dan
03-05-2008, 06:52 PM
(sigh)

Agreed - I am putting that crack pipe down:dang::smile:

Polamalu Princess
03-05-2008, 08:15 PM
(sigh)

Agreed - I am putting that crack pipe down:dang::smile:

Sorry guys, I just think that this is a new twist and I always thought that this would be the ticket.

Jeremy
03-06-2008, 07:45 AM

It continues to amaze me that a flip flopping adulterer is still so highly regarded by the Republicans.

GBMelBlount
03-06-2008, 08:42 AM
It continues to amaze me that a flip flopping adulterer is still so highly regarded by the Republicans.

I have seen so many Rudy and McCain supporters trash Romney because he "flip flopped" (and therefore lacks conviction) when those two are "flip floppers" as well and have more character and ethics issues compared to Romney IMO. I feel too many pick "their candidate" myopically, then choose to trash the others selectively based on each ones achilles tendon rather than looking objectively at all of the information before making an informed objective decision.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Hannah Montana for President.

She'll care about my daugthers and keep them safe first and foremost.
She'll sing all the time about "cool stuff" and makes us all smile.
She'll let her dad judge on American Idol
And She'll be better than ANY of the people currently attempting to run MY country into the ground.

Go Hannah!

Jeremy
03-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I have seen so many Rudy and McCain supporters trash Romney because he "flip flopped" (and therefore lacks conviction) when those two are "flip floppers" as well and have more character and ethics issues compared to Romney IMO. I feel too many pick "their candidate" myopically, then choose to trash the others selectively based on each ones achilles tendon rather than looking objectively at all of the information before making an informed objective decision.

He did flip flop on the war. He pulled a complete 180.

revefsreleets
03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
The New York Times couldn't even sell that bag of horseshit, but, shockingly, the "Three Faces of Eve" bought it hook line and sinker.

What complete and utter garbage. There was no affair between McCain and the lobbyist...if their was, the Times would have said so. They couldn't, because even spinning their own yarn as far as they could, they can't make something out of nothing.

And show me ONE politician who hasn't flip-flopped, especially a long-time politician. I know one: Hitler.

Hell, I live and learn, and I suspect most intelligent and free-thinking individuals do as well. That's an empty and retarded argument (Kerry was different...he changed positions more often then he changed his underwear, and he flipped over the course of weeks, not years or decades). I don't want rigidity and stubborness in my president, I want fluidity and flexibility.

devo_17
03-06-2008, 10:11 PM
I think that card would lose by even more than a card with one and not the other. People can see that they dont particularly like each other. I dont think they can put their differences aside like McCain and Romney. lol J/K I think the best card for Democrats is a Obama and Edwards card. Edwards was probably the best Democratic candidate but all the hoopla surrounding the other two pretty much burried him, and all the money the other two were raking in. I think Obama and Edwards can beat McCain and ?. And besides the Rep. arent so squeaky clean as people want to think they are...

GBMelBlount
03-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Edwards was probably the best Democratic candidate but all the hoopla surrounding the other two pretty much burried him, and all the money the other two were raking in.

Richardson was a decent candidate for the democrats IMO. Unfortunately, the media/AP anoints there favorites based on their agenda and either ignores or runs hit pieces on the rest, both Republican and Democrat. Unfortunately, much of America just watches the main stream media and nods their bobbleheads in agreement .

Preacher
03-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I think it is time to define "flip flop"

Flip flop is when a person, for political expediency, changes a position on an issue. Many times, that position is held only until it is expedient not to hold it.

Kerry was a flip-flop... as is clinton and Romney. they all held positions and moved only when politically expedient to do so.

Moving on conviction is a different ball game. It usually takes a lot longer time... and is not usually done just a couple years before a big election THAT THEY ARE INVOLVED IN.

I would even be willing to accept someone moving in an election year... if you can show a continued movement over a period of time.

That is why I... as much as I DONT LIKE McCain OR Obama... admire them. They are not flip-floppers.

Preacher
03-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Richardson was a decent candidate for the democrats IMO. Unfortunately, the media/AP anoints there favorites based on their agenda and either ignores or runs hit pieces on the rest, both Republican and Democrat. Unfortunately, most of America just watches the main stream media and nods their bobbleheads in agreement .

Yep.

The other problem is that the party hierarchies pick their people as well. 8 years ago, it was Bush.

The problem this year... is that the parties picked Clinton and Romney... and the people through a wrench in it.

That is why there is such confusion right now... and make no mistake, the GOP is ticked as well. There guy did not make it.

GBMelBlount
03-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Yep.

The problem this year... is that the parties picked Clinton and Romney... and the people through a wrench in it.

That is why there is such confusion right now... and make no mistake, the GOP is ticked as well. There guy did not make it.

The problem was that the liberal media anointed McCain. They ran ceaseless hit pieces on Romney and gave McCain a virtual pass on everything. Unfortunately, the flip flop label given Romney (whose character and ethics is much less in question than McCains) outweighed his superior track record of success and accomplishments. To pretend that McCains changes were not politically motivated because they are over a longer period of time is disingenious IMO. So I guess it is not that one flip flops, but the time frame and timing. I guess you could say someone who suddenly finds God is the ultimate flip flopper........(my wife who teaches at a christian high school will kill me for that!)

I just find it funny that you myopically focus on conviction and pay no attention to questionable ethics, character and judgment. Are these not Values that are important to you as well?

Preacher
03-06-2008, 11:21 PM
The problem was that the liberal media anointed McCain. They ran ceaseless hit pieces on Romney and gave McCain a virtual pass on everything. Unfortunately, the flip flop label given Romney (whose character and ethics is much less in question than McCains) outweighed his superior track record of success and accomplishments. To pretend that McCains changes were not politically motivated because they are over a longer period of time is disingenious IMO. So I guess it is not that one flip flops, but the time frame and timing. I guess you could say someone who suddenly finds God is the ultimate flip flopper........(my wife who teaches at a christian high school will kill me for that!)

I just find it funny that you myopically focus on conviction and pay no attention to questionable ethics, character and judgment. Are these not Values that are important to you as well?

GB.

Honestly... this is about the 3rd or 4th time you have accused me of ignoring things... turning a blind eye to things... etc.etc. just because I haven't supported Romney.

frankly, I am getting tired of it.

I could care less about ANY of the candidates this year. Please stop making it out like i have turned a blind eye towards certain candidates... and not others.

I DIDNT LIKE ANY OF THEM.

and Romney was at the bottom of the list... because he is a slickster...sliding to the left.. sliding to the right.

At least McCain has staked a position on the left of the party and stuck to it.

Now if we can just get somone on the right that would do the same.

GBMelBlount
03-07-2008, 06:37 AM
GB.

Romney was at the bottom of the list... because he is a slickster...sliding to the left.. sliding to the right.

At least McCain has staked a position on the left of the party and stuck to it.

Gottya Preach! I forgot he was also a "slickster" too. I guess it is less bad that we have McCain. :thumbsup:

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 08:18 AM
The New York Times couldn't even sell that bag of horseshit, but, shockingly, the "Three Faces of Eve" bought it hook line and sinker.

What complete and utter garbage. There was no affair between McCain and the lobbyist...if their was, the Times would have said so. They couldn't, because even spinning their own yarn as far as they could, they can't make something out of nothing.

And show me ONE politician who hasn't flip-flopped, especially a long-time politician. I know one: Hitler.

Hell, I live and learn, and I suspect most intelligent and free-thinking individuals do as well. That's an empty and retarded argument (Kerry was different...he changed positions more often then he changed his underwear, and he flipped over the course of weeks, not years or decades). I don't want rigidity and stubborness in my president, I want fluidity and flexibility.

You really don't have a clue do you? He cheated on his first wife with his current wife.

As far as flip flopping goes, he did it on the war. Until about 12 months ago, he was a hawk on the war. But when he figured out that he still had a shot at the White House, he turned a 180 and became one of the war's biggest defenders.

I won't vote for for him because he's the epitome of a political animal.

revefsreleets
03-07-2008, 08:21 AM
The bottom line? If you are a Republican, you can either vote for John McCain or................................................ Hillary, or Obama, OR Hillary AND Obama.

revefsreleets
03-07-2008, 08:22 AM
"hawk" and "defender" are the same thing...but, I'm the one that doesn't have a clue, eh?

Further adding to your own cluelessness, McCain was seperated from his first wife before he even met Cindy.

Do you have ANYTHING factual or relevant to add to this discussion?

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 08:41 AM
You really don't have a clue do you? He cheated on his first wife with his current wife.

Who gives a flying fandoozle what McCain did 28 years ago??? There are two sides to every story - maybe his first wife was a jackal. Bill Clinton cheated on Bitchary every chance he got and to be quite honest, that alone didn't change my opinion of him one way or the other - really, who could blame him? :flap:

I want a President who is comfortable within his own skin who is his own man - not a robot for one party or the other. I don't see that in this array of candidates, unfortunately.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Who gives a flying fandoozle what McCain did 28 years ago??? There are two sides to every story - maybe his first wife was a jackal. Bill Clinton cheated on Bitchary every chance he got and to be quite honest, that alone didn't change my opinion of him one way or the other - really, who could blame him? :flap:

I want a President who is comfortable within his own skin who is his own man - not a robot for one party or the other. I don't see that in this array of candidates, unfortunately.

She was paralyzed.

Conservatives in this country make me sick.

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 08:57 AM
She was paralyzed.

I do feel a tremendous amount of empathy for the former Mrs. McCain due to her medical condition, and I've read where their divorce was very amicable, they have remained friends and that he still takes care of her financially, which is what an HONORABLE man would (and does) do.

P.S. I'm not a conservative. :wink02:

tony hipchest
03-07-2008, 09:14 AM
P.S. I'm not a conservative. :wink02:

yes you are.

jeremy said so. if you say you arent, you are wrong... and a moron... (and probably a bengals fan).

:chuckle:

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 09:22 AM
yes you are.

jeremy said so. if you say you arent, you are wrong... and a moron... (and probably a bengals fan).

Dag nabit - you caught me red-handed. :dang::wink02::flap:

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 09:45 AM
yes you are.

Being a Bengals fan is the worst thing anyone can be. They're worse than Nazis.

And if you're not a conservative, you'll certainly managed to fool a lot of people.

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 10:25 AM
She was paralyzed.

Just because she is paralyzed doesn' t mean there weren't issues and while I don't agree with the actions of any person cheating on their spouse, one's phsyical condition doesn't automatically allow for them to be excused from their own actions - so it still remains she could have been responsible for things we don't hear about because she's not a politician.

The truth be told, we don't know what the situation was for the divorce, we don't know what drove McCain to the arms of another woman, and in all reality everyone of our potential presidents have personal issues that when voting for them, we'll have to over look in order to make a decision in the voting process.

I'd take McCain over Clinton and Obama quicker than a NY minute!

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Just because she is paralyzed doesn' t mean there weren't issues and while I don't agree with the actions of any person cheating on their spouse, one's phsyical condition doesn't automatically allow for them to be excused from their own actions - so it still remains she could have been responsible for things we don't hear about because she's not a politician.

The truth be told, we don't know what the situation was for the divorce, we don't know what drove McCain to the arms of another woman, and in all reality everyone of our potential presidents have personal issues that when voting for them, we'll have to over look in order to make a decision in the voting process.

I'd take McCain over Clinton and Obama quicker than a NY minute!

If you want 4 more years of exactly what we have now, vote for McCain. McCain is the candidate of the status quo.

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 10:35 AM
If you want 4 more years of exactly what we have now, vote for McCain. McCain is the candidate of the status quo.

Please enlighten us, Jeremy - what will we have if either Obama or Bitchary (or both) win the White House? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here - I just want your take.

P.S. I'm still not a conservative, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not. :wink02:

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Please enlighten us, Jeremy - what will we have if either Obama or Bitchary (or both) win the White House? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here - I just want your take.

We'd have more jobs going out the door, more illegal immigrants living in the US living off social security, lessen our military, but they'll fix global warming, china, mid-east, and world poverty (with the exception of that inside our own borders).

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Reps have been perfect - just better.

tony hipchest
03-07-2008, 10:54 AM
And if you're not a conservative, you'll certainly managed to fool a lot of people. :confused: hmmmm. more baseles, non-factual, lame rhetoric and diatribe from GS. :blah:

but of course youre right. ive managed to fool EVERY ignorant moron who posts here except for you. :rolleyes: you are much to clever to see through my shennanigans.

you did the board a great service by taking me off ignore long enough to expose me. :thumbsup:

(all but 1 are threads i started that show my conservative nature and definitely prove you are always correct)-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22919
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16226
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8876&highlight=bill+richardson
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15666
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20298
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11228
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9043
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8304
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7149
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5606
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5715

clueless.

again, are you gonna bring anything factual or relevant to the convo?

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 11:34 AM
:confused: hmmmm. more baseles, non-factual, lame rhetoric and diatribe from GS. :blah:

but of course youre right. ive managed to fool EVERY ignorant moron who posts here except for you. :rolleyes: you are much to clever to see through my shennanigans.

you did the board a great service by taking me off ignore long enough to expose me. :thumbsup:

(all but 1 are threads i started that show my conservative nature and definitely prove you are always correct)-

clueless.

Be damned you evil conservative. :mallet:

Have a piece of cheese - we conservatives support our dairy farmers! :thumbsup:

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 12:08 PM

Talking to other countries instead of shooting at them.

Budgets that are balanced.

You know.....common sense stuff.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
:confused: hmmmm. more baseles, non-factual, lame rhetoric and diatribe from GS. :blah:

clueless.

I wasn't talking to you.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 12:12 PM
We'd have more jobs going out the door, more illegal immigrants living in the US living off social security, lessen our military, but they'll fix global warming, china, mid-east, and world poverty (with the exception of that inside our own borders).

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Reps have been perfect - just better.

:sofunny:

McCain is in favor of amnesty....but Democrats will let more illegals in.

Outsourcing became popular with Bush in office......but Democrats will send more jobs overseas.

Clinton raised military pay more than any President in history........but Democrats will lessen the military.

It's like talking to a pair of walls around here.

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
:sofunny:

McCain is in favor of amnesty....but Democrats will let more illegals in.

Outsourcing became popular with Bush in office......but Democrats will send more jobs overseas.

Clinton raised military pay more than any President in history........but Democrats will lessen the military.

It's like talking to a pair of walls around here.

But Democrats will let more illegals in: Tell me then what is Hillary and Obama's stance on this because I've heard them speak of more support for them than I have from McCain

Dems will send more jobs overseas: Wasn't it Clinton the signed the WIA into legislation? Why? Because he also allowed jobs to go overseas and yet he wanted to train Americans for jobs that would eventually be sent overseas - yeah it's the Reps fault

Military pay vs. Miliray prowess: I wasn't talking about raising pay, I was talking about insuring the US Military maintain it's position - under Clinton the military numbers were reduced.

And it's like talking to a robot around here: (simulat computer voice) "Must vote democratic or you are evil conservative nazi bengal"

tony hipchest
03-07-2008, 12:38 PM
We'd have more jobs going out the door,

im not sure it can get much worse-

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080307/pl_nm/usa_economy_politics_dc_1;_ylt=ArbRWubc5PonDga6k8r 1vt5v24cA

The Labor Department reported the U.S. economy lost 63,000 jobs last month, after 22,000 jobs were lost in January.

Adding to the dismal employment picture, the department said only 41,000 jobs were created in December -- half the 82,000 originally estimated.

Bush was expected to make a statement on the economy at 2:10 p.m. EST.

"The bipartisan economic stimulus passed by the Democratic Congress and signed into law by President Bush earlier this year was an important step forward, but it cannot possibly make up for the dismal performance of our economy over the last seven years," the Democratic leader in the House of Representatives, Steny Hoyer of Maryland, said in a statement.

White House spokesman Tony Fratto said the jobs report was disappointing and acknowledged that the economy was slowing down, adding that the Bush administration and the Federal Reserve were addressing the economic woes.

The White House has repeatedly said the U.S. economy is in a slowdown but not headed for recession. Many analysts believe the economy could already be in recession.

"The question isn't what do you call it," Fratto said. "The important thing is what are you doing about it. And we have been aggressively dealing with the slowdown with the stimulus package."

Republican presidential candidate John McCain, an Arizona senator, told a town hall meeting in Atlanta that the economy "is not in the condition we want it to be" and said lowering taxes and reducing regulation would stimulate growth.

"Today's unemployment figures are not good. They're not terrible but they're not good," McCain said.

and im pretty sure this is the point jeremy was getting to-

Obama said Americans "can't afford John McCain's promise of four more years of the very same failed Bush economic policies that have failed us for the last eight, and they can't afford another politician who promises solutions but won't change the divisive, lobbyist-driven politics in Washington."

I wasn't talking to you.

my bad then jeremy. quoting me and using the word "you" made it appear you were.

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
im not sure it can get much worse-

I remember under Clinton my father was worried about whether or not he would have a job to come back to or not. There were days that my father would tell us there was a good chance he'd be bumped from someone with more seniority and wasn't sure if he could bump another guy or not.

As for it getting worse, imagine working for a company that is starting to off-shore jobs to India.

And on a sidenote if any of you work for a company that brings in an executive named Mitchell Habib - get ready to lose your job!

But I digress, my point is that the Dems suck just as much as the Reps do but at least under the Reps, I feel safer (at least for now).

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I remember under Clinton my father was worried about whether or not he would have a job to come back to or not. There were days that my father would tell us there was a good chance he'd be bumped from someone with more seniority and wasn't sure if he could bump another guy or not.

As for it getting worse, imagine working for a company that is starting to off-shore jobs to India.

And on a sidenote if any of you work for a company that brings in an executive named Mitchell Habib - get ready to lose your job!

But I digress, my point is that the Dems suck just as much as the Reps do but at least under the Reps, I feel safer (at least for now).

I think Tony and I are trying to figure out what makes you feel safer.

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I think Tony and I are trying to figure out what makes you feel safer.

The safety of my family, the protection of borders, the security of jobs in this country, and the integrity of the NFL

None of which can be truly guaranteed by anyone in any party until they eliminate the lobbyists, and truly run this country FOR THE PEOPLE!

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
I wasn't talking to you.

Well bust my bra straps - you must have been talking to me! :thumbsup:
I'm just curious, though - who are "all of these people" I've fooled? I don't believe I've ever come across as a conservative or that most people who really know me can say that I am far right. I tend to lean to the right, admittedly, but as I've said several times now - I'm not a conservative in the true sense of its meaning.

OneForTheToe
03-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Well bust my bra straps - you must have been talking to me! :thumbsup:
I'm just curious, though - who are "all of these people" I've fooled? I don't believe I've ever come across as a conservative or that most people who really know me can say that I am far right. I tend to lean to the right, admittedly, but as I've said several times now - I'm not a conservative in the true sense of its meaning.

Well, you certainly fooled me, HTG. I am outraged because you led me to believe you were a Lyndon LaRouche supporter.:crazy02: :wink02:

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, you certainly fooled me, HTG. I am outraged because you led me to believe you were a Lyndon LaRouche supporter.:crazy02: :wink02:

:horror::horror::horror: :wink02:

Really, I'm a huge Ralph Nader fan. If it wasn't for Ralph giving us all the skinny back in the 70's, I'd still be eating those snouts, tails and hooves in a tube. :yuck: :wink02:

OneForTheToe
03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
MMMMMMMMM .........hooves in a tube ........ahgahgahgahg................

:pig:

d'oh

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
PS as to the origin of this post, Why woudl I want a joint ticket? It might be easier to move to China, at least you would know how bad it was going to be before hand.

If you were in China (or India) you could also get a job!

Preacher
03-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Gottya Preach! I forgot he was also a "slickster" too. I guess it is less bad that we have McCain. :thumbsup:

By slickster.. I mean the inability to stick to a position.

McCain has just staked out positions that make me hold my nose tightly if I have to vote for him.

Trust, I would be just as (un)happy voting for either one.

I just wonder why Thompson really didn't care to run a strong campaign. Funny thing is, most of the conservatives I talk to (including myself), wanted him.

But like I said from the beginning, he just didn't really care to run for president.

GBMelBlount
03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I just wonder why Thompson really didn't care to run a strong campaign. Funny thing is, most of the conservatives I talk to (including myself), wanted him.

I kinda feel bad, I never really gave him a good look because he reminded me too much of "Eyore" from winnie the pooh. :hunch:

Preacher
03-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Preach you ough tto find this interesting, putting Africa and African people above God, very interesting

Also Doesn't Economic parity ring true of Communism

From the About US section of Obama's "Christian " Church

I actually posted on that a while back.

One day I spent a good amount of time on the website. What I came away from was... in nutshell...

1. The basic message of the church is the Christian message, contextualized to the black experience in America.

2. What I worry most about in a person running a country with these teachings, is that they will be unintentionally blinded to other avenues of making life better for not just black America, but all of America.

____________________________________-

There is a major question happening in what I will term, minority Christianity right now. that question is essentially, how can minorities accept Christianity and contextualize it to their surroundings without accepting the hegemony of Western European thought. process, and action.

What you see in this church is one attempt at an answer to that question.

I dislike Obama for a number of reasons. However, after looking at the church's website, I am not worried about that element... except as noted in (2) above.

Preacher
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I kinda feel bad, I never really gave him a good look because he reminded me too much of "Eyore" from winnie the pooh. :hunch:

Too true.

In reality, he was the Reagan Republican we all wanted.

Eyore.. that is hilarious.

Dino 6 Rings
03-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Part of me wishes Romney wasn't Mormon, not because of my own bias, I only won't vote for two types of religion, one is Satanism, just not a fan, and the other...well...moon god worshippers....but here in the South...Romney had Zero chance of winning, and that knocked him out early. Hence why Huck did so well in the south. The Baptists, and nothing against them, truly believe that people who are Mormon are woshipping the Devil. I've had people who are Baptists tell me that. I shook my head and was like "Economy, the guy is great, he would" and they just say..."He worships the Devil" and move on. Couldn't believe it.

I liked Thompson as well but wanted him to go the year Bush won in 2000, not now, He'd have been a great man to have in power post 911. I believe that for sure.

Now...now its like...choose the evil that costs less money...from McCain and his socialist leanings, to the other two socialists that don't hide the fact they are socialists...I need to choose between who will raise my taxes less.

sigh...6 months til football...man...

Preacher
03-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Part of me wishes Romney wasn't Mormon, not because of my own bias, I only won't vote for two types of religion, one is Satanism, just not a fan, and the other...well...moon god worshippers....but here in the South...Romney had Zero chance of winning, and that knocked him out early. Hence why Huck did so well in the south. The Baptists, and nothing against them, truly believe that people who are Mormon are woshipping the Devil. I've had people who are Baptists tell me that. I shook my head and was like "Economy, the guy is great, he would" and they just say..."He worships the Devil" and move on. Couldn't believe it.

I liked Thompson as well but wanted him to go the year Bush won in 2000, not now, He'd have been a great man to have in power post 911. I believe that for sure.

Now...now its like...choose the evil that costs less money...from McCain and his socialist leanings, to the other two socialists that don't hide the fact they are socialists...I need to choose between who will raise my taxes less.

sigh...6 months til football...man...

Let me address the Romney thing for a second... when it comes to him and religion.

1. Personally, I would have voted for Orrin Hatch (Mormon, also senator from Utah) in an INSTANT. He was a good, strong, long standing conservative Republican. I think a lot of conservatives would have been more comfortable with him than Romney.

2. Mormonism and the Baptist view. The tension you felt there was the issues of the Mormon differences on basic doctrines of orthodoxy. Issues of the Diety of Christ, Trinity, Means of Salvation, etc. In fact, the Mormon cosmology has many gods, with the OT YHWH (NCSteeler, if you're reading this, read Hashem instead please :wink02:) as the father god over this world (possible universe) and lucifer and Jesus as the sons of YHWH. (Mormons have made a little over 5000 changes in their written authorities since their foundation, thus, my material may be outdated at this time).

3. The question of voting for a Mormon, for me, is the same as voting for a Catholic, a Jew, a Muslim, or a Baptist. Will they govern via the constitution and its foundational issues, or will they govern via the church and religion they hold to. Now, I EXPECT them to govern via the ethics they hold from their beleif system, but not according to the faith itself, which is why when I argue pro-life, I do it from a constitutional/science position, rather than a religious one. I expect all presidents to do the same.

Polamalu Princess
03-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I am still crying :crying03: for Paul...oh well. I am just not happy with anyone running.:sadpace:

GBMelBlount
03-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I only won't vote for two types of religion, one is Satanism, just not a fan, and the other...well...moon god worshippers......

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Preacher
03-07-2008, 05:29 PM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Yeah...

I found that quite hilarious as well.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Barack insists he will bring Iraq war money back home where it is needed yet he wants to sign us up for what amounts to 845 billion over 13 or so years to go to the UN(who we know is above board and never self serving or woudl ever get caught embezzling) so they can parse it out to poor countries(read not america)

This sounds to me like a fine fiscal plan.

Oh, did I mention that signing on to the Poverty act might also force us to join the Keoto treaty and the world small arms ban.... to hell with personal freedoms

PS as to the origin of this post, Why woudl I want a joint ticket? It might be easier to move to China, at least you would know how bad it was going to be before hand.

And some of you have the ball to question my patriotism.

Just more conservative bullshit. Blame everything bad on the liberals and give credit for everything good to the conservatives.

You're a joke.

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Blame everything bad on the liberals and give credit for everything good to the conservatives.

http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Pot%20Kettle%20Black.jpg

Jeremy - why do you call anyone and everyone a "conservative" who doesn't agree with your opinions?

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 08:23 PM
http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Pot%20Kettle%20Black.jpg

Jeremy - why do you call anyone and everyone a "conservative" who doesn't agree with your opinions?

I call people conservatives who are conservatives.

Support McCain.....conservative.

That's simple math for anyone...even the sheep.

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 08:27 PM

Jeremy - do you even read what you post before you hit the "submit" button?

John McCain is not considered a true conservative by the GOP party and hasn't been for quite a while. If you're going to spew the venom, be sure of your facts first.

GBMelBlount
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM

The sad thing is I think actually may.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Funny you should mention sheep Jeremy. You being a farm boy and all....I was just wondering.....ummmm....did you spend alot of your time tending to the the livestock?

No...your mom was around too much for that.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM

John McCain is not considered a true conservative by the GOP party and hasn't been for quite a while. If you're going to spew the venom, be sure of your facts first.

McCain has been endorsed by Bush. He's enough of a conservative for me.

Preacher
03-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Naaaa........

silver & black
03-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Either one will beat McCain.

I have to disagree with that. McCain is more appealing to members of both parties than either Clinton or Obama are to to their own party. You might as well get used to another 4 years of a Republican in the Whitehouse... I just don't think the Dems have put up a viable alternative................. again.

silver & black
03-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Who said he is highly regarded? I would have rather seen Romney get the nomination.

If you voted for Bill Clinton, you should just quit witht that line of rhetoric right now.... you have nothing to prop yourself up against. :sofunny:

silver & black
03-08-2008, 08:36 AM
She was paralyzed.

I hate to tell ya this, but I feel the same way about Liberals. Look where that got us. :wink02:... Maybe, if both parties worked together, things really could get better.... but we all know that isn't going to happen any time soon.

silver & black
03-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Being a Bengals fan is the worst thing anyone can be. They're worse than Nazis.

And if you're not a conservative, you'll certainly managed to fool a lot of people.

Why... because she isn't a myopic, party hardliner that thinks for herself? Because she looks at things with an open mind, and is willing to say that sometimes the other side may be right? You should try it sometime.:wink02:

silver & black
03-08-2008, 09:02 AM

Truth is, I never really gave him a look either. I wish he would have stayed around longer so we could get a better sense of where he stood.

For the record... I don't really care for any of the candidtaes this time around...... again. Untill both parties decide to put up real, viable candidates, nothing will change in Amerca... no matter who is in the Whitehouse.

silver & black
03-08-2008, 09:14 AM

Did you know that the one conservative that all of you liberals love to hate... Ann Coulter... does not support McCain, because she doesn't think he really is a conservative? I just thought that was an interesting little tidbit for you. I guess that makes her a liberal, huh?

Your tunnel vision makes you an easy target. :sofunny:

GBMelBlount
03-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Until both parties decide to put up real, viable candidates, nothing will change in Amerca... no matter who is in the Whitehouse.

The political system is the problem IMO. By the time career politicians make a run for presidency they have so many people they owe favors to, and they are so used to using other peoples money they have no idea how to fix the system. When a major corporation is off track, they bring in an expert from the outside (for obvious reasons) to turn things around. This is what Romney has been extremely successful at doing in the private sector. The theme for this election was "change" and the one person who is not a career politician and has the best track record of success was abused by the right wing media and members of "opposing" religions. Sad, really.

silver & black
03-08-2008, 09:36 AM
The political system is the problem IMO. By the time career politicians make a run for presidency they have so many people they owe favors to, and they are so used to using other peoples money they have no idea how to fix the system. When a major corporation is off track, they bring in an expert from the outside (for obvious reasons) to turn things around. This is what Romney has been extremely successful at doing in the private sector. The theme for this election was "change" and the one person who is not a career politician and has the best track record of success was abused by the right wing media and members of "opposing" religions. Sad, really.

I agree. Thats why I wanted Romney to get the nomination. Its the same reason I voted for Perot in 92. I felt we needed/need a buisiness man/woman in the Whitehouse that understands how to fix/solve problems... not someone that is good at appeasing big buisness and lobbyists.

And make no mistake Dems... your party is every bit as adept at catering to big buisiness as the Reublicans are.:wink02:

Jeremy
03-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Did you know that the one conservative that all of you liberals love to hate... Ann Coulter... does not support McCain, because she doesn't think he really is a conservative? I just thought that was an interesting little tidbit for you. I guess that makes her a liberal, huh?

Your tunnel vision makes you an easy target. :sofunny:

Just to be clear, nobody likes Ann Coulter.

revefsreleets
03-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Just to be clear? Who made you the authority on what's what, your other 3 personalities? Or was it the idiot fairy? Never a cited source, never anything other than bombastic nonsensical and contradictory rhetoric. Dude, you REALLY need to find another hobby...you are REALLY bad at this one.

I am starting to feel a little sorry for you...you probably should have just stayed away after your giant tampon "feel bad for me" attention-whoring departure from the board.

silver & black
03-10-2008, 08:12 PM

And your point is?

Polamalu Princess
03-10-2008, 08:12 PM

But I love Ann Coulter!!!:buttkick:

SteelCityMan786
03-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Jeremy, who is this Ann Coulter you speak of???? :rofl:

HometownGal
03-10-2008, 09:29 PM

I like Ann Coulter and I'm still not a conservative. :flap:

Polamalu Princess
03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I like Ann Coulter and I'm still not a conservative. :flap:

No???? :sofunny::crying02::peace:

Jeremy
03-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Just to be clear? Who made you the authority on what's what, your other 3 personalities? Or was it the idiot fairy? Never a cited source, never anything other than bombastic nonsensical and contradictory rhetoric. Dude, you REALLY need to find another hobby...you are REALLY bad at this one.

I am starting to feel a little sorry for you...you probably should have just stayed away after your giant tampon "feel bad for me" attention-whoring departure from the board.

Yet I'm still better than you.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Clinton and Obama on the Same ticket...

Let me address.

Ok, the voters that decide elections, by shear volume are White Men. This is not a racist or sexist statement, it is a fact. White men tend to back the winner of the General Election en mass. So...why is that? Because White Men tend to have more interest in the running of government, how it affects their business lives, regardless of party, white men tend to pay more attention to details about each candidates platforms and ideas, as opposed to Rock Star mentality or Name Recognition.

Now, lets break out Obama and Clinton. Both are highly Socialist. They both want to tax the "corporations" more and "redistribute" wealth to the "needy".

the Corporations are the same people that pay me, every day, and pay about 70% of the workers in the country. Pharma, Telecom, Trucking, Internet, Cable, Gas, Oil, Electric Corporations, Auto Companies, Airlines, Busses, Trains, and so on.

Tax them and what happens? They pay more taxes and everyone wins? NO.

These "corporations" raise their prices, and extend the Tax hike to the consumer.

So if you Tax the Oil companies more, the price at the pump goes up. Tax the Pharma companies more and the price of meds goes up.

Border security, National Security, Tax Relief, Free Market Trade, these are the issues that most "white men" look at first and foremost.

So, unless one of these Dems, puts a Lieberman or Biden (Smart fiscially responsible Dems) on the Ticket with them, they are doomed to sink fast. They both need a partner that balances their own socialism agenda, to keep the "white men" from running away from them screaming.

Obama / Clinton all but ensures a McCain presidency.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-12-2008, 11:58 AM

The liberal version of Ann Coulter is Al Franken....who would your rather be stranded on a island with?

Two weeks into my stay...I would have Al's head on a rock...calling it "Wilson"...while breaking coconuts with his femur.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Two and 1/2 minutes into the stay I'd be done with Ann and have more fun with just myself...

but if there was no food on island...I'd rather Al Franken...cause I could sustain myself by eating him longer than if I had to eat scrawny Ann.

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 12:08 PM
The liberal version of Ann Coulter is Al Franken....who would your rather be stranded on a island with?

Two weeks into my stay...I would have Al's head on a rock...calling it "Wilson"...while breaking coconuts with his femur.

Coulter.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 12:10 PM
God she'd annoy me on an island...so would Al but I'd feel less guilt crushing in his head with a rock than if I were to attack the woman...I mean...I'm no James Harrison after all.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Coulter.

Gotta say Coulter also...and hope its a BIG island.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Two and 1/2 minutes into the stay I'd be done with Ann and have more fun with just myself...

but if there was no food on island...I'd rather Al Franken...cause I could sustain myself by eating him longer than if I had to eat scrawny Ann.

:sofunny::sofunny:

You feed Al TO Ann...then you have the best of both worlds!!

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Gotta say Coulter also...and hope its a BIG island.

Doesn't matter, with no one around to impress she might stop being such a bitch.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 12:39 PM
:sofunny::sofunny:

You feed Al TO Ann...then you have the best of both worlds!!

best of both worlds...

oh man..now I have that stinking Hannah Montana song in my head...thanks man...

Dynasty
03-12-2008, 03:46 PM
McCain has been endorsed by Bush. He's enough of a conservative for me.

Wow... that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Bush has nobody else to endorse? No way in hell he's saying anything good about Hillary or Obama..

And did you see the endorsement itself? I watched the clip on the Daily Show, and in the words of Jon Stewart, it was "like he was saying goodbye to a classmate who was moving away"

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 06:27 PM
I want obama just him not clinton involved