PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft 1st Round

Hapa
03-05-2008, 01:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=5FB186526C9314657B6A89F9FC872825? id=09000d5d807016db&template=with-video&confirm=true

Not surprising, but NFL Network analyst Carucci says Pittsburgh will be taking Branden Albert, OG, Virginia.

Dylan
03-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I love Brandon Albert's size and that size playing at guard would be amazing, but is he 1st round material. How did he do at the combine?

Dizzle43
03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I know he has good size I've seen him play quite a few times. I have no idea what he did at the combine or anything like that. I do know that in UVA's offense he was a pulling guard for a lot of run plays.

Dylan
03-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I know he has good size I've seen him play quite a few times. I have no idea what he did at the combine or anything like that. I do know that in UVA's offense he was a pulling guard for a lot of run plays.

if he can pull with the size he is then lets get him.

polamalu82
03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
We may pick up Albert. From what I've seen this guy don't know much. I don't see Sedrick Ellis anywhere in his first round mock draft. If he thinks Ellis is going to fall to the second round he is sadly mistaken.

Hapa
03-06-2008, 05:48 AM
We may pick up Albert. From what I've seen this guy don't know much. I don't see Sedrick Ellis anywhere in his first round mock draft. If he thinks Ellis is going to fall to the second round he is sadly mistaken.

That's very true, didn't notice that.

I expect Ellis to go Top 10.

Galax Steeler
03-10-2008, 03:55 AM

Agreed there is no way he makes it to the second round.

Elvis
03-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Branden wouldnt be a bad pick at all 23rd, but I would love to see OT Chris Williams or Gosder Cherilus be there for us first and foremost.
:helmet:

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Any chance we trade to move up?

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Branden wouldnt be a bad pick at all 23rd, but I would love to see OT Chris Williams or Gosder Cherilus be there for us first and foremost.
:helmet:

Williams and Cherilus are 2 guys I would not LOVE to see, but could deal with them.

Williams is a technique or finesse left tackle that would play on the right side to start. Hopefully he can get mean and into the weight room, because I'm really not wanting a finesse RT on this team. He can make the transition to the LT position better of the 2.

Cherilus doesnt have great lateral quickness and struggled with speed pass rushers, but can run block well. At least he would come as a strong run blocking RT that needs some help in pass protection.