PDA

View Full Version : Steelers looking at Tracy White

83-Steelers-43
03-05-2008, 05:47 PM
The Steelers are looking at White, a fifth-year veteran, as strictly a special-teams player.

The Steelers have a need on special teams since they recently released former special teams co-captain Clint Kriewaldt.

The 6-0, 234-pound White, who has played for three different NFL teams, had 11 tackles for the Packers last season.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_555659.html

The Duke
03-05-2008, 05:56 PM
as strictly a special-teams player

cheap rooneys :rolleyes:

83-Steelers-43
03-05-2008, 06:19 PM
cheap rooneys :rolleyes:

I know really. Personally, I absolutely LOVE watching teams return kickoffs to mid-field or to our 45-40. I also enjoy watching our return game fumble balls.

Who needs STs players when what we really need is a 7'8 WR for Roethlisberger or an aging DB/safety like Ty Law or a TE like Crumpler?

No idea what the Rooney's are thinking this year. They do this every year to me. :wink02:

Dylan
03-05-2008, 08:13 PM
hey at least we might sign more than 1 free agent this year

TackleMeBen
03-05-2008, 08:27 PM
hey at least we might sign more than 1 free agent this year
dont get your hopes up now.. we all know that the rooneys spent all their money on ben :flap:

lilyoder6
03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
and they need the money to sign the draft picks... :O

Haiku_Dirtt
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I know really. Personally, I absolutely LOVE watching teams return kickoffs to mid-field or to our 45-40. I also enjoy watching our return game fumble balls.

Who needs STs players when what we really need is a 7'8 WR for Roethlisberger or an aging DB/safety like Ty Law or a TE like Crumpler?

No idea what the Rooney's are thinking this year. They do this every year to me. :wink02:

Color me stoopid. But throwing the baby out with the bath water may not be so irresponsible.

You guys are closer to the pulse. But the longer term trend of ART II seems front and center ever since Tomlin got the nod - well perhaps even earlier. Cheap?...the apple doesn't far fall.

And Ben. Shut up. Speak when spoken to. As soon as the golly green giant clears waivers in Utopia we'll talk about an upgrade in the WR position. The mere fact that Ben hasn't mentioned his beleagured line while spewing crap about WR height is pathetic.

Organic growth is painfully slow. Painful. BUT WORTH IT.

Rhee Rhee
03-06-2008, 03:23 AM
offseason does this to people...

makes people that made 11 tackles on ST seem very important...

Galax Steeler
03-06-2008, 03:51 AM

With them 11 tackels he probably wants a contract like faneca.:wink02:

83-Steelers-43
03-06-2008, 09:33 AM

It does what exactly?

Gives hope to those of us who feel the FO is at least addressing and attempting to fix a weakness on this team (STs) instead of screaming out for every high priced FA (who we can't pay anyways) that hits the market? I guess shame on me.

Personally, I would rather see our glaring problems fixed or attempting to be fixed, rather than seeing Randy Moss, Crumper or Law in a Steeler uniform. I know, it's crazy.

tony hipchest
03-06-2008, 09:36 AM
i think tracy chapman, tracy morgan, and barry white would be an upgrade to our special teams.

memphissteelergirl
03-06-2008, 10:20 AM
i think tracy chapman, tracy morgan, and barry white would be an upgrade to our special teams.

Well, considering Barry White is no longer with us....what are u trying to say? :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
03-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, considering Barry White is no longer with us....what are u trying to say? :wink02:
did we cut him??? :huh:

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Sweet a guy that can EFFING TACKLE on kick coverage...

Rhee Rhee
03-06-2008, 01:51 PM
It does what exactly?

Gives hope to those of us who feel the FO is at least addressing and attempting to fix a weakness on this team (STs) instead of screaming out for every high priced FA (who we can't pay anyways) that hits the market? I guess shame on me.

Personally, I would rather see our glaring problems fixed or attempting to be fixed, rather than seeing Randy Moss, Crumper or Law in a Steeler uniform. I know, it's crazy.

id much rather see a guy who had success at the college level than a guy who had 11 tackles for the packers...

shame on me i guess

19ward86
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
How many times do we have to say it, We have little cap and the draft is still to come.

OneForTheToe
03-06-2008, 02:02 PM

But I think Betty White is still alive and could probably be coaxed out of retirment for the league minimum. And if she could convince Bea Arthur to come with her ....

tony hipchest
03-06-2008, 02:33 PM
dick tracy and betty white as our gunners. i like it!

an upgrade at an affordable price! :thumbsup:

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-06-2008, 02:34 PM
wonder where this thread will wind up...

The Duke
03-06-2008, 02:46 PM

rooneys are cheap :wink02:

Bigsteve332310
03-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Bring back free agent Chidi Iwuoma

83-Steelers-43
03-06-2008, 03:42 PM

"Rooney's are cheap"

"This guy sucks, pass on him. Don't even bother taking a look at him."

"I should be working in the Steelers front office. Rooney's have no idea what they are doing."

Same old B.S. I guess the "offseason does this to people..." :coffee:

LVSteelersfan
03-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I think we oughta get Jack Lambert out of Montana and back on the playing field again. Working up in those trees should have kept him in shape all these years. "Quarterbacks oughta wear DRESSES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Preacher
03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
"Rooney's are cheap"

"This guy sucks, pass on him. Don't even bother taking a look at him."

"I should be working in the Steelers front office. Rooney's have no idea what they are doing."

Same old B.S. I guess the "offseason does this to people..." :coffee:

and JOHN KUHN to the HOF!

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-06-2008, 07:55 PM
^ and he'd still be a steeler if the rooney's weren't so cheap, right?

Galax Steeler
03-07-2008, 03:32 AM
dick tracy and betty white as our gunners. i like it!

an upgrade at an affordable price! :thumbsup:

:toofunny::toofunny:

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2008, 03:42 AM
and JOHN KUHN to the HOF!

Ah yes, The Legend of John Kuhn.

First it was Johnny Unitas. That damn Ted Marchibroda!!!

Then it was passing on Dan Marino. That damn white powder!!!

This era............it's the release of John Kuhn. The MIGHTY John Kuhn mind you. The greatest Steeler ever to be cut on three different occasions. :dang:

The Rooney's have no idea what they are doing. :coffee: