PDA

View Full Version : Might be something good to preach to your future driver

SteelCityMan786
03-06-2008, 05:10 PM
When they're able to finally get their license, you may want to make sure they keep dangers like the one I'm about to tell you. Today, the victim if of said Incident that will be featured shortly was in a position like mine, she was a well known student in school. I have never had to suffer like her no did I meet her. But, her young life was cut short because of someone who lost control of their vehicle.

http://altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/505349.html?nav=742
Hollidaysburg junior high student killed in bus stop accident

A Hollidaysburg Junior High student died Thursday morning after she was struck by a car near her bus stop at Loop Road and Railroad Street in Blair Township, police said.

Jasmine Campanaro, 13, of Hollidaysburg RD 1, was pronounced dead at the scene, Blair Township Police Chief Randall Lingenfelter said.

Campanaro was on Railroad Street about 7:30 a.m. when she was struck by a car driven by a 16-year-old girl, a student at Hollidaysburg Sr. High School, Lingenfelter said. The car may have skidded out of control on a patch of ice.

Crisis counselors were at Hollidaysburg Area Junior High and Frankstown Elementary, assisting students, faculty and staff, district officials said.

"We have the school broken up into teams of about 100 students each. They get to know each other very well. They are taking this quite hard, even the teachers," junior high principal Edward A. Barton said.

State police are assisting Blair Township police with the investigation.

tony hipchest
03-06-2008, 05:59 PM
anyone ever listen to "The Dead Milkmen"?

i now have "Bitchin' Camaro" stuck in my head. :dang:

the moral of the story is to not drive on ice and run over popular kids (or neighbors).

SteelCityMan786
03-06-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd just go with not hitting anyone and killing them to.

TroysBadDawg
03-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Winter driving lessons should be mandatory for all wanting to secure a drivers license.

When I took my driving lessons I was lucky, it was in Nebraska and I took them in the winter. Unfortunately It is just not the young drivers that do not know how to drive in the winter, it is most do not know how to drive in the winter, But that is just my opinion.

Borski
03-07-2008, 06:52 AM
I was up north last year and even though I had previously lived up north trough the winters, I had never driven through snow. Well one day I had to go to walmart and get something and on the way back a snowstorm came and completely covered the road. I tried my best to be careful driving 25-30 mph in a 55-60 mpg zone but I hit a bump in the road and very slow started to spin-out. luckily I didnt go into the ditch and came to a stop facing the the opposite direction in the other lane, I started out again and went even slower and finally made it back to where i was going, but that was some scary driving.

TroysBadDawg
03-07-2008, 10:25 AM
When going into a spin, turn in the direction of the spin and STAY OFF the brakes and gas.

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 10:48 AM
When going into a spin, turn in the direction of the spin and STAY OFF the brakes and gas.

Well that takes the fun out of driving in the snow!!!