PDA

View Full Version : Goodell proposes crackdown on cheating

polamalu82
03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
This was posted as a reply by NCSTEELER. I feel it deserves its own thread. IMHO this seems to be a attempt to smoke screen spygate. It's a bit of a read so I'll simply post the link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23513043/

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
If he really wants to crackdown on cheating, he should start with the issue he has at hand and find the testicular fortitude to do right by the league and more importantly the fans!!!!

fansince'76
03-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Goodell is a lapdog to league ownership who knows which side his bread's buttered on. Nothing but lip service here. He'll bust hard on the Pacman Joneses of the league, but the Krafts will get a tap on the wrist. :yawn:

OneForTheToe
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Goodell is a lapdog to league ownership who knows which side his bread's buttered on. Nothing but lip service here. He'll bust hard on the Pacman Joneses of the league, but the Krafts will get a tap on the wrist. :yawn:

And the Rooney's are one of the influential ownership groups. Honestly, I think Goodell is hearing from the owners to bury this.

stlrtruck
03-07-2008, 01:01 PM
If they want it buried, then they should address it - give Mr. Walsh his legal requirements, and see if he actually has something on tape. Then and only then will it be buried and done with - because until I know for sure, then I'll always wonder how many more SBs the Steelers could have had!!!!

fansince'76
03-07-2008, 01:08 PM
And the Rooney's are one of the influential ownership groups. Honestly, I think Goodell is hearing from the owners to bury this.

Agreed, which is why I called him a lapdog to league ownership. The owners say "jump," and Goodell asks "how high?"

tony hipchest
03-07-2008, 01:42 PM
good.

OneForTheToe
03-07-2008, 01:46 PM
You know you could have got more clicks on this thread if you would have split the title of this thread between crack and down.

"Goodell proposes crack - " is definately an attention getter. :wave:

tony hipchest
03-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Maybe the Thread should be
"Goodell proposes putting the Crack Down"
:chuckle:

it is. see thread title in post #8.

Preacher
03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
:chuckle:

it is. see thread title in post #8.

:buttkick:

CanadianSteel
03-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Love this quote in the article from the commish....

"Too often, competitive violations have gone unpunished because conclusive proof of the violation was lacking," Goodell wrote. "

Well maybe you shouln't have destroyed the dam evidence you whack job..... talk about back tracking...

Preacher
03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Love this quote in the article from the commish....

"Too often, competitive violations have gone unpunished because conclusive proof of the violation was lacking," Goodell wrote. "

Well maybe you shouln't have destroyed the dam evidence you whack job..... talk about back tracking...

OK.

You literally made me laugh out loud.

Gotta give you a rep point for that!

CanadianSteel
03-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Well thanks Preacher.....

Is he just trying to cover his arce with the policy to look tougher or what ?
Should have done it years back when the rumours started. (although he wasn't the commish)

Preacher
03-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Well thanks Preacher.....

Is he just trying to cover his arce with the policy to look tougher or what ?
Should have done it years back when the rumours started. (although he wasn't the commish)

I agree.

I also (for the 4000000th time) think they should have reduced the Pats* cap room by 10 mill.

Dino 6 Rings
03-07-2008, 03:59 PM
All the towns people have been saying..."Hey the damn needs repaired! Its going to burst"...and they tell the mayor over and over again..."the damn is going to burst"...for years...finally one day...the damn bursts open...the town is flooded, people's livelihoods are lost...

months later the Mayor proposes "we should fix the damn"

Seriously...I'm very disappointed in this development.

fansince'76
03-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I also (for the 4000000th time) think they should have reduced the Pats* cap room by 10 mill.

Yep, along with forfeiture of the Jets game in week 1 and a 4-week suspension for Belichick. Hell, Wade Wilson (Cowboys QB coach) got 5 weeks for taking HGH for his diabetes and he's not even a player anymore.