PDA

View Full Version : Should the outcome have been a surprise?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2005, 12:19 AM
We all predicted a blowout...but its the ratbirds..a divisional game against our worst rival.. close game, but the D stepped up on the last drive!

Koopa
11-01-2005, 12:29 AM
we need to stop playing to the level of the other teams cause this shit was way to close for my fragil heart lol. we got green bay next right? if so damn that's gonna be an ugly team to bad we don't have ball hawking secondary but we'll get the W

TasmanianTroy271
11-01-2005, 12:32 AM
I know what you mean, Koopa, I can't even enjoy the games anymore when they're like this! come on, my nails can't take much more of these edge-of-the-seat games. We're a superbowl contender, we shouldnt have to struggle every game...

AvoidLLoyd95
11-01-2005, 12:33 AM
The defense definately looked lathargic most of the game. They need to have more intensity next week or Favre could hurt them, even after his 5 pick day. That was way too close. But they won, and that is all that matters.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Miller comes up big again, no surprise. Rookie of the year?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Heath is definatley making a case for ROTY....but I agree; in a HUGE game we usually come out strong..but in games where we "should" win the game..we seem to play down to their level..

thank God for this win, cuz it sure wasnt pretty!

Koopa
11-01-2005, 12:36 AM
naw he won't get rookie of the year cause he doesn't have the numbers that a lot of other rookies do. it'll probably be ronnie brown cause he's starting to pick it up

bigbensgirl7
11-01-2005, 12:39 AM
I hated almost every minute of that game....far too close for comfort!!!!!
Heath did come up big again though...gotta love that!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Bettis just said in an interview...we did everything we could to lose this game..and we just cant have that!!!

he's right!!

BurghThing
11-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Should the outcome have been a surprise? No

With the ref's letting them hold on every pass play and interfere on every one of ours, yes it should have. Thats why ABC pays the big bucks to televise a close game every week.

clevestinks
11-01-2005, 05:44 AM
I don`t want to sound like Cinci, and say" That we didn`t play well" Because I`m not so sure. Ben never hot comfortable after a few early hits, and thier defense kept coming, without thier two stars. Our defense kept giving up big plays to a third string QB, and on third down our defnese consistantly fell apart. I could see having a bad play here and there. But hell we were terrible all night.

Did we not play as well as we can? Or did they just play betterthan we expected? Or Both?

AvoidLLoyd95
11-01-2005, 06:05 AM
I don`t want to sound like Cinci, and say" That we didn`t play well" Because I`m not so sure. Ben never hot comfortable after a few early hits, and thier defense kept coming, without thier two stars. Our defense kept giving up big plays to a third string QB, and on third down our defnese consistantly fell apart. I could see having a bad play here and there. But hell we were terrible all night.

Did we not play as well as we can? Or did they just play betterthan we expected? Or Both?
They played good, the Steelers played subpar. But subpar for this team means they still win close games that should be blowouts. I give them credit, the Ravens played well.

Suitanim
11-01-2005, 09:12 AM
This was a classic hangover game for the Steelers, and the Rats played inspired football because this was their Super Bowl.

As for people saying that we always play down to our competition, I don't believe that was quite the case against Tennessee or Houston.

It KILLS me how negative people can get after a game in which the Steelers don't play up to their potential. It happens to every team in the NFL on occasion. Hell, the Super Bowl champs last year got their asses handed to them by the bottom-feeding Dolphins last year, and how much of an impact did that really have on the Pats season?

It wasn't their best game, Ben didn't look healthy, and the defense was just average. However, Baltimore really only put together 2 nice drives, and only one of them was a TD drive and that was an early scripted drive. They got some points off TO's (including the botched punt), and thier kicker played the game of his life. Bottom line, we shake the hangover off and go stomp the Pack in Green Bay next week...

Prosdo
11-01-2005, 11:30 AM
I think it was a surprise in the aspect I thought we would win my a touchdown or so. I expected the defense to come out playing very well. But they really need to step it up. They gave up way too many big plays.

rowedf
11-01-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm not shocked at all. I was really irritated with the local and national media calling this game a blowout all week. It's a divisional game and they are NEVER pushovers. Baltimore played very very well and I can't take away any credit from them. The Steelers needed a game and a win like this. They did not play up to their potential and in my opinion the opponent played above their potential, but we still won, thats what makes a good team, to win these types of games.

And yes I think Miller is at the forefront for AFC rookie of the year.