PDA

View Full Version : Just to get away from heavy politics for a short.

TroysBadDawg
03-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Ckick here and turn on the volume, see if you remember, for those that can you will enjoy it. This is for those born before say 1950, or at least those that know something about before then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycgegp0KdE4

silver & black
03-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Thank you. :cheers:

Dynasty
03-08-2008, 01:28 PM
I've always loved that song.

OneForTheToe
03-08-2008, 02:42 PM
That was very cool TBD. I always thought of the song as a history of the 60's more so that a tribute to Holly, but only one man really knows.

I like it better when artists let some mystery to the exact meaning of their songs.

You know the song “Ring of Fire” …I’m not really a Cash fan, but I know it is supposed to be about his life spiraling out of control. However, I think there was simpler explanation. Ok, Cash and Willie Nelsen are sitting around a fire getting drunk (well, Willie doing what Willie does) and Johnny gets up to go, well you know …. and trips over one of the logs in the fire making Willie exclaim, “ man you almost fell into that burning fire.” … so the next day when Johnny Cash is trying to remember what he did last night a song was born.

Ok, maybe not, but it could be.

tony hipchest
03-10-2008, 01:50 PM
I like it better when artists let some mystery to the exact meaning of their songs.

You know the song ?Ring of Fire? ?I?m not really a Cash fan, but I know it is supposed to be about his life spiraling out of control. However, I think there was simpler explanation. Ok, Cash and Willie Nelsen are sitting around a fire getting drunk (well, Willie doing what Willie does) and Johnny gets up to go, well you know ?. and trips over one of the logs in the fire making Willie exclaim, ? man you almost fell into that burning fire.? ? so the next day when Johnny Cash is trying to remember what he did last night a song was born.

Ok, maybe not, but it could be.actually, i think its about an STD he caught after going down on a groupie.