PDA

View Full Version : compensatory picks

desertsteel
03-08-2008, 09:44 AM
any word on compensatory picks for the Steelers this year?

Mistah_Q
03-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Haven't been released yet, but, it's unlikely that the Steelers will have any.

19ward86
03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
We might get 1 if we are lucky.

dunkuntou
03-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Yea I don't think we are going to get much because technically we only lost Rodney Bailey because Hartings retired and Porter was cut. We signed Mahan so I really don't think we will be getting one of the 32 picks

FourThreeMafia
03-08-2008, 02:22 PM
We wont get one.

Only player of value we lost was Porter, and we cut him. Im still not sure why we didnt trade him. At least get something for him, damn.

Next year we should have 3, depending on what happens with Max Starks. My guess:

3rd for Faneca
5th or 6th for Starks (if we let him walk)
6th for Haggans.

dunkuntou
03-08-2008, 02:27 PM
We wont get one.

Only player of value we lost was Porter, and we cut him. Im still not sure why we didnt trade him. At least get something for him, damn.

Next year we should have 3, depending on what happens with Max Starks. My guess:

3rd for Faneca
6th for Haggans.

Compensatory picks don't work that way. The NFL has a formula for what you lost and who you signed and depending on how much those players received in contract offers. Considering how many players are going to walk and the lack of cap room results in a few picks. There is no way to tell until free agency is over to tell how many picks we will get next year.

The reason they didn't trade Porter was more of a courtesy than anything. The Steelers gave him the opportunity to basically go wherever he wanted rather than trading him somewhere. If you remember that was part of the reason he said he had so much respect for the Rooneys and the Steelers.

But you are right by saying we won't get a pick this year

jjpro11
03-08-2008, 07:17 PM
We wont get one.

3rd for Faneca
6th for Haggans.

no way we get a 3 for faneca.. we never get that lucky.

Lord Stiller
03-08-2008, 08:52 PM
no way we get a 3 for faneca.. we never get that lucky.

we have gotten a 3rd before

we will likely get a 3rd for Faneca (4th at worst)

we arent getting any this year

Hapa
03-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I think we could get a 3rd for Faneca.

He's one of the best rushing blockers ever.