PDA

View Full Version : 19ward86 last mock draft

19ward86
03-08-2008, 12:40 PM
This will be my last mock draft until we start talking about next years draft. After reading through draft sites and forums, and looking up stats and #s from the combine i have the official 2008 steelers mock draft information...

1-Branden Albert-successor of Alan Faneca or Marvel Smith, can play LG or LT

2-DaJuan Morgan-FS, North Carolina

3-Frank Okam-NT, weighs 347lbs, 32x 225lbs, Texas Graduate

4-Dexter Jackson-WR-Blazing fast with many return ability and good hands

5-Dennis Dixon-QB/WR or Tyvon Branch-CB, Dennis would add versitility like senaca wallace...

6-Tommy Blake-DE or Adrian Arrington-WR Michigan, i thought adrain was better than mario manningham.

Free Agents:
-Omar Cuff, Delaware, RB, Dominated Div. II with 1900 rush yards and 39 total TDs
-Kerry Brown, Appalachian St., OG, Big athletic type of guy
-Mario Urritia, Louisvillle, WR, 6ft 6in 230lbs, kind of a guy who we could put on the practice squad for a while and develop into a TE or a WR.

Not 100% sure whether we have the 6th round pick or the 7th.

Aussie_steeler
03-09-2008, 03:22 AM
For a final draft I like the FIrst three rounds. Albert and Morgan would make a positive impact on the roster early on. Okam has loads of upside and he needs a motivator to unlock the beast inside. Okam would also help a possible move to a 4-3 look.

Not sure why we need a burner at WR from the 4th in Jackson, Arrington is more appealing in the 6th to me. Tyvon Branch is also more appealing than Jackson. He sounds like he has a load of potential.

The only hole I could see in this draft is the lack of a quality DE to push Keisel.

Dixon as the 3rd QB and a multidimensional element to the offense (like Stewart and Randle El in the past) could warranted. I like the thought here.

Good work 19ward86. I would be happy with at least 4 of those picks coming true.

Elvis
03-09-2008, 04:34 AM
I tell ya Aussie, I think that I would be happy with all that draft but I really think that there should be a DB in there somewhere. If we draft Dixon I could only hope that he turns out to be better than Saneca Wallace.
:coffee:

Aussie_steeler
03-09-2008, 05:04 AM
I tell ya Aussie, I think that I would be happy with all that draft but I really think that there should be a DB in there somewhere. If we draft Dixon I could only hope that he turns out to be better than Saneca Wallace.
:coffee:

If Ryan Clark is healthy then the need becomes CB, SS then FS for my liking.

Desheas replacement needs to be found sooner rather than later and I am sure some one at SS like Zbikowski would be a major upgrade over Carter on D and special teams.

Galax Steeler
03-09-2008, 07:39 AM
If Ryan Clark is healthy then the need becomes CB, SS then FS for my liking.

Desheas replacement needs to be found sooner rather than later and I am sure some one at SS like Zbikowski would be a major upgrade over Carter on D and special teams.

I think clarks days are about done it seems like we are preparing to find someone to replace him.

19ward86
03-09-2008, 09:06 PM
The safety class is very thin this year. Besides Kenny Phillups there arent any 1st round typeof safeties to be taken. I think a guy like Dexter Jackson could be a way for us to run the screens that we throw to the wide outs o so often. Plus now that Rossum is gone we need a guy not named Santonio Holmes to return punts and kicks consistently like Randle El. Adrian Arrington is a guy who i thought should be considered as a 4th or 3rd round pick and Marion Manningham more of a 4th or 5th round pick. He is fast...end of story, i seen him drop like 20 passes last season in the few games that i watched of the Wolverines I just hope we can fulfill our needs.