PDA

View Full Version : To All Members Affected By Today's Major Snowstorm

HometownGal
03-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Please be safe if you have to venture out today and if you don't absolutely have to leave your house - don't! I've heard some of the snow totals in Cleveland, Akron, Shitsinnati and some of the other towns in Ohio, as well as Buffalo and Erie and from the clips they are showing on TWC, it looks dangerously bad out there!

Please know that your extended family at SF is thinking of you all!

We're getting a little snow here in the Burgh but nothing compared to what you people are dealing with there!

TackleMeBen
03-08-2008, 04:10 PM
luckily it missed us here in detroit. they were originally calling for us to get another 5 inches on top of the 10 we got tuesday. we got a little flurries this morning. this snow sucks.

SteelersFever
03-08-2008, 04:44 PM
It's getting really bad out now. A city bus just wrecked. :jawdrop:

SteelersGirlTN7
03-08-2008, 04:51 PM
my parents are near youngstown, oh, and theyve got a white out .. and a lot more is coming ..

the storm was the big talk here in nashville too .. we were supposed to get 4-6" and i guess in parts of town we did .. but at my house .. when i woke up the roads were clear and barely anything in the grass

SteelersFever
03-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm 10-15 minutes good weather from Youngstown. I can tell you it's really bad.

stillers4me
03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks, HTG. The sun just came out in Shitzinatti and we are left with about a foot of snow...........and this town is crippled! It will take a couple of days to dig out. It's a blessing it happened over a weekend.

Russ and I went out this morning in the 4 wheel drive and it brought memories of our childhoods. He grew up in upstate NY and me in western Pa...........where they threw chains on the school buses and "snow days" were unheard of! I remember standing out at the end of the driveway in blizzards and wating for the school bus to pull up........and it always did.

I drove back from Kroger and had a blast driving in the snow. Visibilty was poor, the roads were crappy, the traction was actually pretty good and it was kinda fun driving for a couple of miles. The rest of the wimps that live here can stay home, though............they have no clue! Russ just saw five people pushing a Mustang GT ans it was fishtailing all over the road! (a half inch of the "white death" throws them into a tizzy so a foot is pure entertainment for us "hardy" folk!))

edit: the sun went back in and it's expected to snow lightly until this evening. The worst has past.........look out western Pa, it's coming your way!

SteelCityMan786
03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
It just started to get bad here.

Preacher
03-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I know... it is HORRIBLE here too!

65-70 degrees, slight breeze, nice and sunny.

What will I do?

:wink02:

Good luck and stay safe everyone.

silver & black
03-08-2008, 05:12 PM
I live 50 miles south of Cleveland and about 15 miles from Akron. This is the biggest snow storm we've seen since 1978. I've shoveled the driveway 4 times since last night. I ventured out earlier in the day to go to the movie store... so glad i have 4wd...lol.

19ward86
03-08-2008, 05:15 PM
2 degrees here, with windchill, anywhere from 10-12 inches of snow on the ground right now. pretty rough.

stillers4me
03-08-2008, 05:16 PM

What will I do?

neener neener, back'atcha, Preach! :wink02:

TackleMeBen
03-08-2008, 06:10 PM

What will I do?

you should invite all of us that are stuck in this snow to your place..lol... :flap::cheers:

HometownGal
03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
you should invite all of us that are stuck in this snow to your place..lol... :flap::cheers:

Not me - I love snow! Lucky b'tards in Ohio!

I've always loved shoveling snow - great cardio workout! :banana:

silver & black
03-08-2008, 06:55 PM

It might be a great cardio workout, but it plays hell with my old back! :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
03-08-2008, 07:04 PM

I've loved it as a tool to get me 2 hour delays from school. lol.

steelpinstripe72
03-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm in Buffalo...spring break just started for UB, but I'm not going anywhere. Yesterday, actually, I was walking back to my apartment from class and I saw a pickup truck in the parking lot do a 360 and keep going. It's that bad. My friend said he was leaving yesterday, and he must have, because I haven't seen him since Thursday. He was headed home to the Pittsburgh area and then leaving for Tampa (by car - no joke) this morning. Hopefully, he made it home alright.

Preacher
03-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I was out today in shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

You know, that breeze was a tad chilly. Must have dropped the temperature to about 71 degrees!

OneForTheToe
03-08-2008, 07:34 PM

What will I do?

Preacher ,,, I give you what I know is your favorite smilie because you have been giving it to tony hipchest all day

:buttkick:

Of cource if it doesn't at least rain where you are tomorrow this one is pretty good as well. :kick:

Preacher
03-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Preacher ,,, I give you what I know is your favorite smilie because you have been giving it to tony hipchest all day

:buttkick:

Of cource if it doesn't at least rain where you are tomorrow this one is pretty good as well. :kick:

Hey now...

I only gave him that smiley once today!!

I'll tell yo uthis much though, once this sun goes down, it gets COLD... I may have to put on some sweats!!

:chuckle:

TroysBadDawg
03-08-2008, 08:36 PM
:coffee:I am North of Dayton.

We are in a Level 3 snow emergency (See below.) They say we got about 17 inches but I don't believe them about it maybe 14 but it is drifing and we have a Blizzard warning in effect.

Snow emergencies mean the following: Level 1 Snow Emergency: roadways are hazardous because of blowing and drifting snow. Drivers are advised to proceed with caution.

Level 2 Snow Emergency: roadways are hazardous because of blowing and drifting snow. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roadways. Employees should contact employers to see if they should report to work. If travel is necessary, drivers should travel with extreme caution.

Level 3 Snow Emergency: All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. Travel is prohibited unless absolutely necessary. Contact your employer to see if you are expected at work. Reckless or unnecessary driving may be cited as a minor misdemeanor - failure to comply with a lawful order - and many lead to a $100 fine. If you are in an accident that causes an injury while driving illegally, you can be cited for a fourth degree misdemeanor.

Level 1:
Level 2: Darke, Mercer, Greene, Montgomery, Wayne, Logan counties
Level 3: Champaign, Clark, Butler, Clinton, Miami, Preble counties
Cities: Springboro, Clayton, Monroe, Jamestown, Trotwood

Dayton Area
We are FINALLY done with the snow! With well over 24 straight hours of snow, accumulations ranged from 12"-17" across much of the area, with only slightly lesser amounts north and west. Snow drifts were as high as 4ft. in many areas. For the overnight, blowing snow may still be an issue early on, but winds should relax as skies begin to break up a bit. With that said, temperatures will take a nose dive into the single digits, so be prepared for a frigid morning if you plan to get out early to begin the clean-up! This storm will go down as one of the heavier snowfalls in Miami Valley history. How does it compare to other major storms in the record books? Join me tonight for News Center 7 at 11pm for the answer!

link to whiotv news center (http://www.whiotv.com/weather/index.html)

First time in years neighbors have been talking to each other. They are discussing

Preacher
03-08-2008, 09:33 PM
man.

If I was still pastoring in Dayton... I wouldn't even be making the trip this weekend.

I used to drive up there from Louisville every week.

stillers4me
03-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Good to see you back, TBD!

TroysBadDawg
03-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Thanks Stillers4me Pastor what church were you pastoring at? and when?

HometownGal
03-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Everyone safe this morning? :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
03-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Dodged a Bullet here.

TackleMeBen
03-09-2008, 10:27 AM

well then you can come and shovel my snow..lol.. i hate it..

and i have other ways to get a cardio workout.. its called a treadmill.:flap:

Preacher
03-09-2008, 11:20 AM
A small, bi-racial church in 5 Oaks called Lawrie Baptist Chapel.

It was a great little church right where a church should be... where all the hurting people are.

stillers4me
03-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Everyone safe this morning? :cheers:

We are digging out and getting around. All in all, as far as snow storms go, it was a darn good one! Lots of fluffy snow for the kids to play in( they don't get this kind alot here), saw enough spinning cars for a good laugh (they don't have a clue how to drive in snow in Cinci). And the power stayed on.

Can't ask for a better time than that............... :sofunny:

Dynasty
03-10-2008, 11:04 PM
wow i didn't get like any snow, but my friend who moved to columbus got snowed in... weird

i still get a late start tomorrow, though, so i don't really care... (gotta love when other grades have testing)