PDA

View Full Version : Whats your guys take on Trevor Laws?

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Just wondering what you draft experts think? He isnt much different in size than Ellis and is a playmaker, but I dont think he can play NT, he would have to be a DE in the 3-4.

I like his game, but not sure he fits the system well.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Just wondering what you draft experts think? He isnt much different in size than Ellis and is a playmaker, but I dont think he can play NT, he would have to be a DE in the 3-4.

I live 30 minutes from South Bend.......So I know about Trevor Laws....He had over 100 tackles this year for the Irish....Thats incredible for a DL....He has a high motor and I really like the kid....I think he could play the NT in a 3-4.......Maybe not a full time NT but fit into a rotation like Chris Hoke does....He might be able to play DE in a 3-4 but he doesn't have the typical HT you see in 3-4 DEs...But then again height could be over-rated....I think he is a player and if there in the 3rd round I wouldn't mind the Steelers taken a chance on him.....But then again he could get drafted in the 2nd....

Galax Steeler
03-10-2008, 04:38 AM
What is his size and height.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-10-2008, 05:22 AM

Trevor Laws, Notre Dame...6'0 304lbs...5.08 40 ......35 reps on the benchpress...2nd-3rd round projection

Had a solid combine and very good senior bowl. 3 year starter...really exploded this last year when he posted 112 tackles. 8 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, and 2 fumble recoveries.

Lacks the strengh to be a NT in a Pro 3-4...but would be a very solid DT in a 4-3 front.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Trevor Laws, Notre Dame...6'0 304lbs...5.08 40 ......35 reps on the benchpress...2nd-3rd round projection

Had a solid combine and very good senior bowl. 3 year starter...really exploded this last year when he posted 112 tackles. 8 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, and 2 fumble recoveries.

Lacks the strengh to be a NT in a Pro 3-4...but would be a very solid DT in a 4-3 front.

I just get a kick out of how Sedrick Ellis gets all the hype, but Laws is almost a clone and posted 112 tackles.

Ellis 6'1", 305 lbs, 34 reps at 225lbs, 5.24 40 yard dash

Laws, 6'3/4", 304 lbs, 35 reps at 225lbs, 5.08 40 yard dash. 30.5" vertical.

Again, I think the classic NT should be 320lbs or heavier and most 3-4 DE's are 6-3 or taller, but I really like Laws and would love to see him fit in somewhere to help put pressure on the QB from the D-line. I doubt it happens unless the plan is to switch to a 4-3 in a couple seasons.

Elvis
03-11-2008, 06:46 AM
He's short, but has a great motor. Kind of like the Dan Klecko's son.. I just cant remember his name though.
:tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I just get a kick out of how Sedrick Ellis gets all the hype, but Laws is almost a clone and posted 112 tackles.

Ellis 6'1", 305 lbs, 34 reps at 225lbs, 5.24 40 yard dash

Laws, 6'3/4", 304 lbs, 35 reps at 225lbs, 5.08 40 yard dash. 30.5" vertical.

Again, I think the classic NT should be 320lbs or heavier and most 3-4 DE's are 6-3 or taller, but I really like Laws and would love to see him fit in somewhere to help put pressure on the QB from the D-line. I doubt it happens unless the plan is to switch to a 4-3 in a couple seasons.

I think the major difference between the two is strength.... a true 3-4 NT should be strong enough to take on two blockers....Laws is more of the 4-3 DT who will be a stud in the right program, but probably not a "Hampton" type of NT...which are few and far between.

That takes nothing away from Laws.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I think the major difference between the two is strength.... a true 3-4 NT should be strong enough to take on two blockers....Laws is more of the 4-3 DT who will be a stud in the right program, but probably not a "Hampton" type of NT...which are few and far between.

That takes nothing away from Laws.

Yeah, but Ellis is basically the same guy. He isnt any larger and I think doesnt fit the classic 3-4 NT, but some think he can do it. Ellis is probably a 4-3 DT as well.

Chris Hoke is 6'2" 305 and somehow can play the nose in relief. I would love to see Laws drafted and work into the rotation as a DE or NT on passing downs and either play full time as a DE in 3-4 or DT in 4-3.

I love guys that can just play......don't worry about the measureables....just produce.

Laws, Jordy Nelson, Jacob Hester, Mike Hart, Ray Rice, Pozluzny, Connor, etc.