PDA

View Full Version : What is going on at these Pro days???

MDSteel15
03-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Davone Bess has fallen to Rd7-UFA status!!! What happened to him? Did I miss something here? We could bring him in along with Mario Urrutia in as UFAs!!! One is compared to Hines and the other might be a project but he's 6'6" and id Ben's "Big Target"... Even Adarius Bowman has fallen to a 5th round prospect!

Ben Moffitt and Jeremy Lehman are now 7th-FA ILB prospects!

FS Corey Lynch from App. State is the same size as Simeon Castille, who I've seen people having us take in the 3rd and 4th round, but projected for the 6th round! He's a freaking ball hawk that I think would be a nice pick late.

OLB Ali Highsmith has fallen from a possible 1st rounder to a 3rd-4th round pick!!

Not that I'd want Highsmith but the others I mentioned I've heard people express interest and wouldn't mind taking a look at! Can somebody tell me what they have heard? Thanks

Aussie_steeler
03-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Heres some info for you.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

Another one to look at is

http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=87

The Sun Devils top offensive lineman, Mike Pollack did not take part in the workout yet was busy speaking with teams. Likely to be the first center selected, Pollack has drawn interest from a number of teams he will visit with including the Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints and Washington Redskins.

Purdue

Purdue linebacker/defensive end Cliff Avril stood on his combine times and just participated in the vertical jump, posting 37 inches and timed 4.23 seconds in the short shuttle. He was also run through a battery of defensive line and linebacker drills.

Avril has gained a ton of interest since the combine and nearly a half dozen teams have set up times for individual workouts. The New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots will all be flying out to individually workout Avril over the next two weeks while the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills will fly the Purdue defender into their facility.

Cheers

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Davone Bess has fallen to Rd7-UFA status!!! What happened to him? Did I miss something here? We could bring him in along with Mario Urrutia in as UFAs!!! One is compared to Hines and the other might be a project but he's 6'6" and id Ben's "Big Target"... Even Adarius Bowman has fallen to a 5th round prospect!

Bess showed up at the combine at 5'10 and ran the 40 at 4.69....short and slow doesnt translate well into the pro game.

Mario Urrutia 6'5 232 lbs ran a 4.58..which isnt awful but with Hardy 6'5 and Sweed 6'4 both running in the 4.4's...Urrutia got lost in their spotlight.

Adarius Bowman also ran a 4.69, but his productivity and 6'3 height will keep him from slipping out of the draft all together.

Ben Moffitt and Jeremy Lehman are now 7th-FA ILB prospects!

Moffitt & Lehman are two more players that scouts think may not have the atheticism to play in the pros....That being said, any team that picks up these two may not get LBer starters...but they will get solid special teamers, good backups.. and players that would be hard to cut from a roster.

FS Corey Lynch from App. State is the same size as Simeon Castille, who I've seen people having us take in the 3rd and 4th round, but projected for the 6th round! He's a freaking ball hawk that I think would be a nice pick late.

Unless Castille has a GREAT pro-day...he will never see an NFL football field. He ran a 4.72 forty which is REALLY GOOD....for an Offensive lineman.

OLB Ali Highsmith has fallen from a possible 1st rounder to a 3rd-4th round pick!!

Highsmith ran a 4.96 forty ...I wouldnt want him on the outside, dropping back into coverage.

Long story short is that scouts looked at these players and had to sort out those that may be overachievers (Lehman)...system products (Bess)...and players who were able to hide obvious athletic shortcomings in the college game (Castille)

MDSteel15
03-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Unless Castille has a GREAT pro-day...he will never see an NFL football field. He ran a 4.72 forty which is REALLY GOOD....for an Offensive lineman.

I don't care about Castille, I want Corey Lynch :tt02:

Galax Steeler
03-14-2008, 04:45 AM
I think lynch would be a great adition to the steelers.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-14-2008, 05:39 AM
I think lynch would be a great adition to the steelers.

If Lynch improves on his 40 time he will shoot up draft boards...right now he is a STEAL in the late 5th to 6th rounds.

I would take him just for his ST potential.

MDSteel15
03-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm glad you said it! I love this kids nose 4 the ball....

polamalu82
03-14-2008, 05:17 PM
If Lynch improves on his 40 time he will shoot up draft boards...right now he is a STEAL in the late 5th to 6th rounds.

I would take him just for his ST potential.

..and we all know how bad we need help there.

Galax Steeler
03-15-2008, 07:38 AM
..and we all know how bad we need help there.

Amen to that.:cheers: