PDA

View Full Version : talking about the Browns

TroysBadDawg
03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
With out any high draft choices, Will the Browns make the Play-offs this coming season.

NJarhead
03-10-2008, 10:35 PM
I think so. But it depends on how close the Steelers, Ravens and Browns (and Bengals) want to make the play-off "squeeze" this year.

The Bengals haven't improved much defensively in FA yet have they....So if they're depending on the draft then there may be a 17 game waiting period on progress there. :smile:

The Ravens are better than their record was last year IMO.

I'm undecided on what kind of a Steelers' team we'll see next year, but I think we can definitely compete in this division.

The Browns could very well be on there way to a few winning seasons in the coming years.

It's really tough to say until everyone's roster is set, and even then it's pure speculation.

lilyoder6
03-10-2008, 10:41 PM
i would hope so that they are making all of these moves.. it would suck not to go.. since u basically destroyed u draft choices..

jjpro11
03-11-2008, 04:18 AM
it all lies on anderson imo.. he can completely break next season with that schedule. if he thrives, then maybe.. you guys still gotta beat us for once though.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't think they will, I think they will miss it by a slim margin once again.

I like the addition of Corey Williams.

But I do not like the addition of Shaun Rodgers. There is a reason Detroit wanted to get rid of him. Also, to aquire him you had to give up your best cornerback in Bodden.

The Stallworth signing I think is solid, but isn't going to put the Browns over-the-top. I personally like Jurevicius better, but that's just me. BTW, what is going on with him?

Then there is Derek Anderson. The Browns fans I know rave about his 29 TD passes, but they all ignore his 19 interceptions. I just feel that when it comes crunch time and you need Anderson to win the game for you...he'll throw picks.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I dont think so...Anderson has one good season under his belt, and until he can show consistancy he should still be considered an average QB. The loss of Bodden will be more obvious as the season goes along...and some of their pickups are suspicious.

They will be competitive but will miss the playoffs again.

HometownGal
03-11-2008, 11:18 AM
If Jamal Lewis can stay out of the slammer, possibly. :chuckle:

The key to any offense's success is balance. The addition of Stallworth is a plus and factoring in Edwards (who I think is going to be a great WR) and Jurevicius - as long as Anderson can find some consistency, that O should be quite formidable.

I want to see how their D gels before I make my prediction. For right now, I will say that I believe they will be competitive but the Steelers will still take 2 from them. :flap::tt02:

stlrtruck
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I think the "D" needs to be fixed first. While Anderson was good under center, the defense couldn't play the entire 60 minutes of the game. They got wore down late in the third quarter and in the fourth were too tired to make impact plays (at least from the games I - unfortunately - watched)

lilyoder6
03-11-2008, 11:43 AM
i would like to see how the browns are going to use rogers and williams since they run a 3-4, the secondary is going to be horrible with the minus of bodden

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
They take a step backwards, they over acheived last season and now with the QB controversy ready to start the second Anderson struggles, and with the new "talent" on the team needing time to mesh, they will step back and lose 2 to the Steelers, 2 to the Ravens, split with the Bungals and struggle all season long against much better compeition.

Elvis
03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
With the additions of the Williams and Rogers, if he can be motivated to be a good player again on the defensive line, I dont see how they could not be a better team. Stallworth should help the recieving corps and Winslow Jr is always a threat. I voted it all depends on the defense, so we will see. The pretty much have the same schedule as us, but dont forget the Bengals, they are kind of like the Browns... if they fix their defense they could be tough to beat. I look for the Browns to draft a DB or S in the early rounds come april.
:helmet:

OneForTheToe
03-11-2008, 04:01 PM
...... I look for the Browns to draft a DB or S in the early rounds come april.
:helmet:

By early rounds I guess you mean the fourth round since that is the earliest they have a pick ? :wink02:

Dylan
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
i think they will unless d anderson was just one of those guys who had a great year and goes back to his oldself. but if not i think they will

BettisFan
03-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I think they will they are team that came out of nowhere and have momentum right now, D Anderson is coming off a great season as well as Jamal.

Borski
03-15-2008, 01:34 AM
I think with the tough schedule the AFC North has this year, only one AFCN team will go and that will be the Steelers.

BettisFan
03-15-2008, 01:54 AM
We have the hardest schedual in recent history man

"Stat of the Week

Tough As Steel
Records of 2008 Steeler Opponents
Home Road
*Indianapolis (13-4) *Jacksonville (12-6)
Houston (8-8) *Tennessee (10-7)
*NY Giants (14-6) *Washington (9-8)
*Dallas (13-4) Philadelphia (8-8)
*San Diego (13-6) *New England (18-1)
* - denotes '07 playoff team
Combined record - 118-58 (.670)

Has anyone out there looked at the Steelers' schedule for this fall? Schedules are organic things in terms of degree of difficulty; they tend to change week-by-week during the season. But looking at Pittsburgh's slate right now, we might be seeing the toughest schedule a team has had in recent history.

Lots of teams have division schedules as tough or tougher than six games with Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore, though the rising Browns, Carson Palmer and the presumably rejuvenated Ravens will be a difficult six-pack.

Amazing. Horrendously amazing, if you bleed black and gold.
Schedule factoids:

• Eight of Pittsburgh's 10 non-AFC North games are against 2007 playoff teams.

• All 10 non-division foes were .500 or better in 2007.

• New England plays four games against teams that finished over .500 in the 2007 regular season. Pittsburgh plays 10.

• Excluding the Steelers in 2005, the last four Super Bowl champs (Giants, Colts, Pats, Pats) are on Pittsburgh's schedule."

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 09:37 AM
The Browns will make the playoffs. I expect Quinn to take over at QB, and I still think Anderson may be traded on draft day. They'll lack depth at DB, but those linemen will REALLY help that defense. Fact is, their DL has been SO bad that it's almost impossible to judge just how good their LB corps really is. Now with those big bodies up front doing their proper job in the 3-4, we'll find out that the Browns LB's are pretty good (and Wimbley will be a monster next year) and the defense will be a lot better. If their offense can stay at least on-par with last year, they are a team who should really improve. They actually have the potential to be a top AFC team, and I see the North as a two-way race between the Steelers and the Browns. The Rats and Bungals are both sub-500 teams next year.