PDA

View Full Version : Another senseless death

Jeremy
03-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Senseless (http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/10/gang.killing/index.html)

When will this country get tough on street gangs?

tony hipchest
03-11-2008, 02:03 PM

maybe once baghdad is safe.

The dad said more must be done to combat gang violence. "It's a gang problem and they have nothing in their heart for people."

Shaw's mother, the Army sergeant, compares the gang members who killed her son to those she's fighting against in Iraq. "To me, they're terrorists."

Jeremy
03-11-2008, 03:02 PM
maybe once baghdad is safe.

That's exactly what's wrong with this country right now. We're more concerned with other countries than we are with our own people.

TroysBadDawg
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Only when the politicians get tough on the open border in the south. You did notice that it was a Hispanic gang that did the shooting. check this out (http://www.milnet.com/mex-nat.html)

TroysBadDawg
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, before the war and before Bush, there were no gang killings and random violence. I wish we could get back to those times.

I hope that is said in jest. If not I can give you a ton of facts from the Justice Dept.

Jeremy
03-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah, before the war and before Bush, there were no gang killings and random violence. I wish we could get back to those times.

That's the most idiotic response I've read on this board.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 01:04 PM

When we allow citizens to fight back without fear of being sued and allow Cops to unload bullets into these "warrior criminals" that are taking to our streets they way they are trained to do. Treat them as violent criminal soldiers, not just "gangs of kids"

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM

Its is my belief that this statement was Sarcasm. Aimed at the Blame Bush crowd.

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
lol it's hard to tell because that is how they really sound

They're no better than the "Blame Clinton" crowd.

TroysBadDawg
03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
You mean he really really didn't cause hurricane Katrina, and force all those people to stay behind and steal and stuff. Wow imagine that.

That also means he is not behind the price of gas being so high and the oil companies making billions in profits quarterly and the Democratic congress sitting on its thumbs and getting nothing accomplished. I didn't realize that.

Jeremy
03-12-2008, 02:21 PM
You mean he really really didn't cause hurricane Katrina, and force all those people to stay behind and steal and stuff. Wow imagine that.

That also means he is not behind the price of gas being so high and the oil companies making billions in profits quarterly and the Democratic congress sitting on its thumbs and getting nothing accomplished. I didn't realize that.

Speak of the devil.....

TroysBadDawg
03-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I am the devils advocate, you rang? LMAO

BTW Why aren't you working? Waisting my tax dollars huh?

revefsreleets
03-12-2008, 07:22 PM
If we didn't go to war in Iraq, we would have gone to war somewhere else. If we didn't go to war at all, we STILL wouldn't have spent an extra penny on extra "anti-gang task forces" or whatever.

The naivety of some people is disturbing.

Preacher
03-13-2008, 03:32 AM

Good luck.

A city gets tough on street gangs, and they are painted as racist (regardless of what "race" the gang is) anti-constitutional authoritarians. The ACLU jumps in and challenges the laws.

ShutDown24
03-13-2008, 04:24 AM
That's the most idiotic response I've read on this board.

How? He is absolutely correct.

Look dumbasses, while our government obviously isn't perfect, they do a damn good job of making life easy for those who live in this country. It's up to us, as US citizens, to choose whether or not we want to take advantage of the opportunity presented to us. It's so easy to always blame the government for everything. Well guess what, if every citizen of this country would just take advantage of his/her rights as an American and make the most out of it, none of this would happen. A government’s job is to give its people the best chance it can to live well, not baby sit the country and walk you hand by hand throughout life. What the civilians do with the chance to live given to them is up to them. People should stop whining and SHUT THE HELL UP. If half of your sorry asses knew how well you have it compared to those over in the Middle East, you would be speechless. I'm ashamed to hear some of the shit that's come out of people’s mouths on this board and call you my countrymen. The rest of the world views the American PUBLIC as selfish, materialistic and fat. And rightfully so. We can't expect the government to change every little thing for us. You're part of this country, you want a change that bad - GO MAKE IT HAPPEN INSTEAD OF SITTING ON YOUR ASS IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER. After the next circus of an administration rolls through, whether it's Obama or Clinton or McCain 4-8 years from now and you're all still sitting here, on a football forum, complaining about your country, those years could have been used to improve it. Is the government greedy? Do they get more than they deserve? More often than not yes, absolutely. But it's a hell of a lot better than living under a dictator. If every lazy person I hear complain about our country every day actually put some work into it, instead of using all their energy on the complaining - this world could be almost perfect. Until someone outside of the political popularity contest does things to improve the US and not just wait for it to be done for them, this country isn't going to change no matter which one person is in office. If you want to blame everything wrong with this world on George W. Bush like 90% of the rest of this well-fair collecting nation, then be my guest. I would rather, however, not waste much time debating over powerless figureheads when WE can steer this ship.

TroysBadDawg
03-13-2008, 07:20 AM
ShutDown24 ... you've said it all ... well almost anyway, Thank you.

Jeremy
03-13-2008, 09:37 AM
How? He is absolutely correct.

Look dumbasses, while our government obviously isn't perfect, they do a damn good job of making life easy for those who live in this country. It's up to us, as US citizens, to choose whether or not we want to take advantage of the opportunity presented to us. It's so easy to always blame the government for everything. Well guess what, if every citizen of this country would just take advantage of his/her rights as an American and make the most out of it, none of this would happen. A government?s job is to give its people the best chance it can to live well, not baby sit the country and walk you hand by hand throughout life. What the civilians do with the chance to live given to them is up to them. People should stop whining and SHUT THE HELL UP. If half of your sorry asses knew how well you have it compared to those over in the Middle East, you would be speechless. I'm ashamed to hear some of the shit that's come out of people?s mouths on this board and call you my countrymen. The rest of the world views the American PUBLIC as selfish, materialistic and fat. And rightfully so. We can't expect the government to change every little thing for us. You're part of this country, you want a change that bad - GO MAKE IT HAPPEN INSTEAD OF SITTING ON YOUR ASS IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER. After the next circus of an administration rolls through, whether it's Obama or Clinton or McCain 4-8 years from now and you're all still sitting here, on a football forum, complaining about your country, those years could have been used to improve it. Is the government greedy? Do they get more than they deserve? More often than not yes, absolutely. But it's a hell of a lot better than living under a dictator. If every lazy person I hear complain about our country every day actually put some work into it, instead of using all their energy on the complaining - this world could be almost perfect. Until someone outside of the political popularity ccontest does things to improve the US and not just wait for it to be done for them, this country isn't going to change no matter which one person is in office. If you want to blame everything wrong with this world on George W. Bush like 90% of the rest of this well-fair collecting nation, then be my guest. I would rather, however, not waste much time debating over powerless figureheads when WE can steer this ship.

I'm ashamed that some of you call yourselves Patriots yet you've never served a day in uniform for your country.

HometownGal
03-13-2008, 09:51 AM
People - please watch the name-calling going on in this thread, k? Your point can be made without attacking another member.

Thanks. :smile:

Dino 6 Rings
03-13-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm ashamed that some of you call yourselves Patriots yet you've never served a day in uniform for your country.

19 Kilo, Armored Crewman, served with the 3rd ID 2/64 and 3/64 Armored Battalions.

Can I call myself a Patriot now?

By the way, HTG....about the name calling...Dino 5 Rings is a total Prick...that guy psses me off more than anything and when I find him...I'm totally going to kick his punk arse...hey...there he is...in my mirror...come here dirtbag!!!

Jeremy
03-13-2008, 09:57 AM
19 Kilo, Armored Crewman, served with the 3rd ID 2/64 and 3/64 Armored Battalions.

Can I call myself a Patriot now?

By the way, HTG....about the name calling...Dino 5 Rings is a total Prick...that guy psses me off more than anything and when I find him...I'm totally going to kick his punk arse...hey...there he is...in my mirror...come here dirtbag!!!

Yes. You've done something more for your country than just putting a stupid magnet on your car or giving money to some bogus charity.

Dino 6 Rings
03-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Sweet...

So does participating in the American Heart Walk, another local Youth Charity Run and donating my hair (I have great hair for a guy, be jealous) to Locks of Love once every 2 years also qualify me as a good American?

Got to keep them Get into Heaven Karma points up as best I can.