PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Everett on cover of Madden09

Dylan
03-11-2008, 07:52 PM
i began reading the book of kevin everett and all the support he has been getting and all that. his recovery process shows how strong this guy is i think it would be awesome if madden made him the cover guy.

what do you all think

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
that would be one of the nicest things to ever be done and amazing if it could happen but its not good for sales i dont think they would do it, i wish they could.

Dylan
03-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Why wouldn't it be good for sales?? :huh:
I think it's an awesome idea! :thumbsup:
Kevin Everett has to be one of the most feel good stories in sports circles this past year! :tt02:
(well, besides the Patricheats* losing the Big One!!)

yea i was thinking people would be inspired by him being on the cover. they would want to buy it and cherish it. after madden10 will come out people like myself would put in on a shelf to be displayed.

i really admire this guy

Crushzilla
03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't think Madden has to worry about advertising anymore... its one of those juggernauts that is going to pull in huge $$$ every year whether it has Peyton Manning or HeHateMe on the box...

I say put K.E. on...

Plus, it would spare some superstar the grueling Madden Curse

lilyoder6
03-11-2008, 09:19 PM
it's not like they have to comepete with any other football titles...

Borski
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Plus, it would spare some superstar the grueling Madden Curse

After what happened to him I wouldnt want to take the chance on the Madden Curse

tony hipchest
03-11-2008, 09:43 PM
no.

i can see it now... he takes his 1st steps on his own and then falls down a flight of stairs.

seriously, it needs to be tom brady or randy moss. (the league and patriots will never allow this though)

if willie hadnt broken his leg and won the rushing title, it probably woulda been him. with the steelers appeal, it might be big "contract" ben. i hope not.

im thinking adrian peterson.

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
yea and honestly the cover would be great but no matter who is on the cover every year they still sell so i guess it would be aight

tony hipchest
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
honestly, i wouldnt mind brett farve on the cover, since he is no longer playing, but i would hate to see he crashed his atv and got thrown into a wood chipper or something.

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Lol man on man haha madden curse, well honestly thats a very NCAA football thing to do to put a player of the past on the front. I hope he isnt i would rather Kevin than Brett. In the end i would rather neither i hope Eli manning or another diserving player is on it.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Um...I'd be very cool with the idea...if there wasn't a CURSE associated with being on the cover of Madden.

Seriously...he doesn't need that over his head as well. I mean, it would be a great feel good story and very honorable. But...there is a Curse. No doubt about it.

lilyoder6
03-12-2008, 01:02 PM
y did u think that LT told ea that he didn't want to be put on the cover...

RoethlisBURGHer
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I think soon EA Sports will go back to Madden on the cover, simply because they can't get anyone of noteriety to be on it.

Last year they were turned down by LT, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady...so they went with Vince Young.

It doesn't matter who is on the cover though...EA Sports has all the rights to NFL video games, nobody else can make an NFL game. Therefore, with no competition...it'll sell no matter what.

fansince'76
03-12-2008, 02:26 PM
It doesn't matter who is on the cover though...EA Sports has all the rights to NFL video games, nobody else can make an NFL game. Therefore, with no competition...it'll sell no matter what.

I think a test of that theory would be interesting - I'd like to nominate "Gus" the placekicking mule to be on the cover:

http://www.clown-ministry.com/images/gus-don-knotts-collection.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Actually, I hear EA may be dropping the "Madden" from the name of the game and just calling it EA NFL

That would be ok in my book, take Madden out of it, and put in the local announcers. That would impress me.

Or just have Cope call every game...yeah!

:tt02:

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Actually, I hear EA may be dropping the "Madden" from the name of the game and just calling it EA NFL

That would be ok in my book, take Madden out of it, and put in the local announcers. That would impress me.

Or just have Cope call every game...yeah!

:tt02:

I would be so happy every year Madden gets more annoying repeats the same thing every game. I hope they would still be able to get a player on it every year or mabey a team.... Ah that would be cool, a whole team couldnt be cursed.... Or could it!

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Well...if you remember, they came out with that "EA NFL coaches" game...and put Cowher on the cover...then he doesn't make the playoffs and retires...

ef that...I want ZERO Steelers to ever be on the Cover unless they use only HOF players...and in that case, it would be all Steelers all the Time...

sounds good to me.

by the way, I know for the College EA Football game there are websites that sell, just the cover art for your box, so you can put your favorite team or player on the cover and not get stuck looking at USC has beens or Heisman winners from teams you hate.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Well...if you remember, they came out with that "EA NFL coaches" game...and put Cowher on the cover...then he doesn't make the playoffs and retires...

ef that...I want ZERO Steelers to ever be on the Cover unless they use only HOF players...and in that case, it would be all Steelers all the Time...

sounds good to me.

by the way, I know for the College EA Football game there are websites that sell, just the cover art for your box, so you can put your favorite team or player on the cover and not get stuck looking at USC has beens or Heisman winners from teams you hate.

Do you know the site?

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2008, 04:47 PM
EACustomCovers.com

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 04:56 PM
thanks

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 05:01 PM
That site isnt it its some weird site it says thanks CLC..?

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 05:07 PM
EA putting Kevin Everett on the cover is a good thing I guess. I still wouldn't buy Madden unless they updated their gameplay. It's always the same game play with updated rosters. Which is why I'm waiting on Backbreaker. Check it out.

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1&order=desc

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 05:12 PM
EA putting Kevin Everett on the cover is a good thing I guess. I still wouldn't buy Madden unless they updated their gameplay. It's always the same game play with updated rosters. Which is why I'm waiting on Backbreaker. Check it out.

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1&order=desc

What is this site? i went to it what u waiting for on it?

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
What is this site? i went to it what u waiting for on it?

Backbreaker is a new football game thats coming out around late summer.I'm just waiting untill the games released.They are using new game engines that make every tackle unique. Here's a video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PRCWbUYtitY

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 07:24 PM
looks alright no real nfl players means a no go for me but it looks like All pro football

polamalu82
03-12-2008, 07:37 PM
You'll be able to make your own teams and names. So if you need the Steelers in a football game you can create it yourself. Personally I don't care about that. I just want to play a football game that isn't the same recycled crap every year with one or two new features.

Here's some info on the game engine.

It is an animation/physics system that allows the developers to cut away from the default animations and allow the character skeletons to react on their own. Note: the players put their arms out to stop their fall. Like ragdoll but with additional physics and AI added directly to the situation via a dynamic KI system. Seems pretty cool, a natural progression from what we have seen so far.

Here's some info on ign.com
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/854/854993p1.html

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Thats really interesting but i like playing with ppl

SteelCityMan786
03-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Why wouldn't it be good for sales?? :huh:
I think it's an awesome idea! :thumbsup:
Kevin Everett has to be one of the most feel good stories in sports circles this past year! :tt02:
(well, besides the Patricheats* losing the Big One!!)

In some cases I would say it would be good. Everett as you said is one of the best stories in sports this past 12 months. It would be nice for it all to culminate with this honor.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 08:56 PM
In some cases I would say it would be good. Everett as you said is one of the best stories in sports this past 12 months. It would be nice for it all to culminate with this honor.
i got to see him in rehab here in houston.