PDA

View Full Version : nba playoff predictions

Koopa
11-01-2005, 11:25 PM
i know it's only the first day of the nba but i'm intrested in seeing who y'all think will be in the playoffs for the east and west. here's my list in the seeding order i think each will fall in

WEST:
1. spurs
2. nuggets
3. suns
4. rockets
5. mavs
6. warriors
7. lakers
8. jazz

i think the 8th seed will be a battle between the grizzlies, t-wolves, jazz, and sonics, with the jazz taking it

EAST:
1. heat
2. pacers
3. nets
4. pistons
5. cavs
6. sixers
7. wizards
8. celtics

the same as the west it's gonna be a battle for that 8th seed between the celtics, knicks, and the bulls. with the celtics taking it

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2005, 11:57 PM
http://www.signaturetumblers.com/images/NBA/NBA_Chicago_Bulls.jpg

Lyn
11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Pistons will be there!Pistons Will Be There!~

ngreene15
11-02-2005, 05:07 PM
WEST:
1. SAN ANTONIO
2. PHOENIX
3. DENVER
4. DALLAS
5. HOUSTON
6. MINNESOTA
7. LOS ANGELES LAKERS
8. SEATLLE

EAST:
1. MIAMI
2. DETROIT
3. PHILLY
4. CLEVELAND
5 NJ
6. WASHINGTON
7. CHICAGO
8. TORONTO .. People aren't giving my Raps much of a chance this year... If their 2 first rounders pay off, I think they will have a good year, somewhere around 40 wins and just squeak into the playoffs.... No matter if their a winning team or a losing team, I'm sure they will be very high scoring and entertaining to watch like last year. They play the Washington Wizards tonight, and I'm pumped for that.

hmmmmmmmm
11-02-2005, 07:18 PM
West:

1.Spurs
2.Suns
3.Minnesota
4.Rockets
5.Mavericks
6.Warriors
7.Sonics
8.Jazz

East:

1.Miami
2.Detroit
3.New Jersey
4.Indiana
5.Sixers
6.Cleveland
7.Boston
8.Chicago

I reserve the right to change this till Sunday lol

hmmmmmmmm
11-09-2005, 02:01 AM
West:

1. Spurs
2. L.A. Lakers
3. Minnesota
4. Rockets
5. Suns
6. Mavericks
7. Warriors
8. Sonics

East:

1.Detroit
2.Miami
3.New Jersey
4.Indiana
5.Cleavland
6.Boston
7.Sixers
8.Chicago

It was a little late but i got it now

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Western Conference
1. Spurs
2. Clippers
3. Timberwolves
4. Grizzles
5. Kings
6. Trailblazers
7. Jazz
8. Warriors

Eastern Conference
1. Bulls
2. Wizards
3. Nets
4. Pistons
5. Pacers
6. Heat
7. Milwaukee
8. Celtics

Bulls Over Spurs For The Finals<-------------Major Optimism Pick. It will be hard to beat the defending champs.

steelrzgirl
11-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Im noticing a lack of acknowledgement for my mighty Sac Kings. Hmmmph.

Suitanim
11-12-2005, 06:57 PM
The Cavs may not be ready to win it all just yet, but they are getting close. Hell, last year Z couldn't guard a chair, and all of a suden the whole team is playing defense.

bangpow
11-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Uh, yeah.

The Pistons will be back in the Finals this year.

Koopa
11-13-2005, 12:44 AM
The Cavs may not be ready to win it all just yet, but they are getting close. Hell, last year Z couldn't guard a chair, and all of a suden the whole team is playing defense.

they playing d cause mike brown learned from to very good coaches in pop and carilse or however it's spelled.

bangpow
11-13-2005, 12:53 AM

They're not that close. They gotta toughen up their D before they think they can take a 7 game series against the Pistons, Pacers, or Heat. Not to mention, the Spurs would probably ***** slap them in the Finals.

SalukiSteelers
12-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Two thoughts on the NBA post-season: First, if the Bulls aren't on your list you're clueless -- they just wrapped up their best November since 1997; Second, LeBron NEEDS to get his team to the playoffs or else he's gonna start looking like Dominique Wilkens...all sizzle, no steak.

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 07:50 PM
The nice thing about basketball, it's a lot more like baseball than football. What may go in November means next to nothing in the Spring.

As far as James goes, it's great that people are already asking if he'll be able to produce championships, which is the equivalent of marginalizing his talent. He is already one of the top 5 players in the game, and the dude can't even drink a beer legally for another month! Hell, he'd be a Jr. in College this year.

I'll stick with my prediction: The Cavs will be there when it counts. Larry Hughes will make the difference this year. Maybe not all the way, but a year or two out...

SalukiSteelers
12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey Suit, I'm a Bron-Bron fan. I love the guy's upside and his youth makes what he's doing against grown men even more impressive.

As for the under-21 thing, the Cavs drafted him and given the amount of minutes he's played since the beginning of his career, they figured he was NBA ready. Now his team needs to get in to the playoffs. Missing three straight seasons would be a black mark, regardless of how young James is.

As for what happens in November, as a Bulls fan I get that. Last season, Chicago started out 0-9 and still made it to the playoffs before squandering a 2-0 series lead over Washington. Hopefully the loss taught the Bulls a little more about what it takes to win, especially in the post-season.

Learning by doing is just one reason why I think it's so important for the Cavs to start getting in to the playoffs. Teams usually have to fail for a couple of seasons before they can start earning real post-season success. The sooner the Cavs start, the sooner LeBron gets a ring.

TexaSteeler
12-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Again it looks like the Pistons are being underestimated. They're better this year than last and all they did was change head coaches. What does that tell you?

They're playing like they want home court in the finals.

And Walker and Williams make the Heat worse.

The Spurs should've gotten help for Duncan and didn't. That was a mistake.

SalukiSteelers
12-05-2005, 05:28 PM
There's no way that this Bulls fan is underestimating the Pistons. In fact, if the Bulls can't win it all this season I'm pulling for the Pistons. Kind of.

Basically, I would root for them just because I always thought that Larry Brown inherited a ready-made championship team and put them over the top. Plus, I like Flip and I thought he got a raw deal in Minnesota. KG should have ended that mess on his own, last season, instead of clamming up and letting two bad guys implode the 'Wolves chances.

Suitanim
12-06-2005, 08:30 PM
The Cavs will make the playoffs this year without a doubt. What the true story will be is how far towards developing team chemistry are they? They have 3 All-Star caliber players now, and all that's missing is the glue to hold them all together. If they start to gel around mid-season, every team in the NBA should beware...

TexaSteeler
12-07-2005, 12:24 AM
There's no way that this Bulls fan is underestimating the Pistons. In fact, if the Bulls can't win it all this season I'm pulling for the Pistons. Kind of.

Basically, I would root for them just because I always thought that Larry Brown inherited a ready-made championship team and put them over the top. Plus, I like Flip and I thought he got a raw deal in Minnesota. KG should have ended that mess on his own, last season, instead of clamming up and letting two bad guys implode the 'Wolves chances.

Joe Dumars was the only one in Detroit that wanted Brown. And he wasn't the difference that brought the ring, Rasheed was. Brown is a gypsy.

Koopa
12-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Two thoughts on the NBA post-season: First, if the Bulls aren't on your list you're clueless -- they just wrapped up their best November since 1997; Second, LeBron NEEDS to get his team to the playoffs or else he's gonna start looking like Dominique Wilkens...all sizzle, no steak.

you were saying about the bulls?????? they under .500 now. and it so happens bron bron put them under .500 today

hmmmmmmmm
12-23-2005, 02:26 PM
West:

1. Spurs
2. L.A. Lakers
3. Minnesota
4. Rockets
5. Suns
6. Mavericks
7. Warriors
8. Sonics

East:

1.Detroit
2.Miami
3.New Jersey
4.Indiana
5.Cleavland
6.Boston
7.Sixers
8.Chicago

Man I suck at this.....im probably only gonna get two right and everyone coulda got those two

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Again it looks like the Pistons are being underestimated. They're better this year than last and all they did was change head coaches. What does that tell you?

They're playing like they want home court in the finals.

And Walker and Williams make the Heat worse.

The Spurs should've gotten help for Duncan and didn't. That was a mistake.

Parker/Ginobili, that's not enough???

TexaSteeler
01-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Parker/Ginobili, that's not enough???

I mean in the front court. Duncan carries the whole post up and rebounding load himself.

Koopa
01-31-2006, 07:35 PM
I mean in the front court. Duncan carries the whole post up and rebounding load himself.

so................it's worked three times, we'll be just fine, and we can still make a trade that will put us over the top like last year

Brady12
01-31-2006, 08:22 PM
West
1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. Denver
4. San Antonio
5. Memphis
6. Lakers
7. Clippers
8. T Wolves/Hornets/Utah

East
1. Detroit
2. Miami
3. Philadelphia (Steal)
4. Cleveland
5. New Jersey
6. Chicago
7. Milwaukee
8. Washington

SteelerDan43
01-31-2006, 08:24 PM
You guys have to be kidding me... Miami first? Detroit is a full 11 games infront of Miami. I don't see how this is happening. Unless Detroit really hits a losing streak.

West
1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. Phoenix
4. San Antonio
5. Memphis
6. Lakers
7. Clippers
8. T Wolves/Hornets/Utah

East
1. Detroit
2. Miami
3. Philadelphia (Steal)
4. Cleveland
5. New Jersey
6. Chicago
7. Milwaukee
8. Washington

Phoenix fields two teams?? ha ha ha :dang:

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 08:25 PM

Oh ok I see what you mean, well they can always bring back David Robinson. :bouncy:

You guys have to be kidding me... Miami first? Detroit is a full 11 games infront of Miami. I don't see how this is happening. Unless Detroit really hits a losing streak.

West
1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. Phoenix
4. San Antonio
5. Memphis
6. Lakers
7. Clippers
8. T Wolves/Hornets/Utah

East
1. Detroit
2. Miami
3. Philadelphia (Steal)
4. Cleveland
5. New Jersey
6. Chicago
7. Milwaukee
8. Washington

LMAO @ the Spurs at #4, and since when does Phoenix have 2 teams?

TexaSteeler
01-31-2006, 09:45 PM
so................it's worked three times, we'll be just fine, and we can still make a trade that will put us over the top like last year

Until the finals, where they will get hammered by the Pistons.

Koopa
01-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Until the finals, where they will get hammered by the Pistons.

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no they won't cause they are gonna peak to soon and lose to the heat in the playoffs

hmmmmmmmm
02-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Lol for some reason I dont even know if the Spurs will make it to the finals.....but I think the Pistons sure as hell will. Theres no way I think a team like Miami can beat them or anyone else in the East this year....the Pistons arent a team that is gonna have an amazing regular season then fall apart in the playoffs like Dallas. Just my take

Brady12
02-01-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry, I was changing Phoenix from 3rd to 2nd, and forgot to put Denver 3rd. lol. As you can see I later chagned it.

Brady12
02-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh ok I see what you mean, well they can always bring back David Robinson. :bouncy:

LMAO @ the Spurs at #4, and since when does Phoenix have 2 teams?

Don't underestimate the Mavericks, they are tied with San Antonio for the division lead, exact record at 35-10.

Ruck Fules
02-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Don't underestimate the Mavericks, they are tied with San Antonio for the division lead, exact record at 35-10.

I forgot there are 3 divisions now, the 3 division winners get the first 3 spots regardless of their record . :dang:

I was like WTF is he putting the Spurs at #4, but I understand now.

Koopa
02-02-2006, 10:04 PM
can one of the mods change the title of the thread to nba season thread, so we can just talk basketball in this one thread??

anyway, i'm really starting to hate china because yao does not deserve to be in this allstar game and t-mac is good but he didn't play enough to be deserving to start in the all star game and the reason i blame china for this is because now they love tmac cause he plays with their science experiment gone wrong.

the starters for the west are: yao, duncan, t-mac, bryant, and nash

the starters for the east are: shaq, wade, bron bron, a.i., and jermaine o'neal (david stern gets to pick his replacement)

next week they'll announce who will be on the bench

ngreene15
02-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey Koopa, catch that Raptor/Spurs game tonight. It was annn AMAZING game. Went into OT, your Spurs ended up pulling through in the end, Parker and Finley were killing the Raps.

Mike James and Chris Bosh kept the Raps in the game, they both scored over 30... You gotta watch Mike James if you let him get in a zone he'll kill ya, he nearly did that to the Spurs tonight.

Koopa
02-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey Koopa, catch that Raptor/Spurs game tonight. It was annn AMAZING game. Went into OT, your Spurs ended up pulling through in the end, Parker and Finley were killing the Raps.

Mike James and Chris Bosh kept the Raps in the game, they both scored over 30... You gotta watch Mike James if you let him get in a zone he'll kill ya, he nearly did that to the Spurs tonight.

naw i didn't get to see it casue of the damn aggies game was on at the same time and i guess stupid ass fsn southwest rather show college then the nba......but i was following the gamecast thing on espn and i almost had a heart attack lol.

damn i hate when tim can't play cause then the most overrated coach ever falls apart, thank god it was just (no disrespect meant here) the raptors, and frenchy and finley saved the day.

anyway, chris bosh is an amazing player, i love watching him play, the first game we played this season, i loved that block he had on brent barry, old ass barry thought he had a clear dunk and then BAM!!! the ball went the other way lol.

ngreene15
02-08-2006, 11:39 PM
naw i didn't get to see it casue of the damn aggies game was on at the same time and i guess stupid ass fsn southwest rather show college then the nba......but i was following the gamecast thing on espn and i almost had a heart attack lol.

damn i hate when tim can't play cause then the most overrated coach ever falls apart, thank god it was just (no disrespect meant here) the raptors, and frenchy and finley saved the day.

anyway, chris bosh is an amazing player, i love watching him play, the first game we played this season, i loved that block he had on brent barry, old ass barry thought he had a clear dunk and then BAM!!! the ball went the other way lol.
Haha yea... The Raptors aren't a team that's really feared right now, but they're usually competetive, and they are very exciting team to watch because they tend to score A LOT... Just the problem is they can't stop anybody (tonight being a good example.)

I thought Nesterovic did a good job replacing Tim Duncan.

Watch out in a couple years though man, they'll be a contender like they were back in the day with VC.

Koopa
04-20-2006, 03:53 PM
i know it's only the first day of the nba but i'm intrested in seeing who y'all think will be in the playoffs for the east and west. here's my list in the seeding order i think each will fall in

WEST:
1. spurs (i was right with this one)

2. nuggets (i was wrong about the spot but i was right about them winning the division)

3. suns (same as denver)

4. rockets (WRONG!!! lol, damn t-mac and his injury prone self, and worthless yao)

5. mavs (wrong about this, but at least i got them in the right bracket lol)

6. warriors (well they stared off good but fell apart, clippers got this seed)

7. lakers (YAY!!, i got one right)

8. jazz (they made a run at it but fell a couple of games off, kings got this spot)

i think the 8th seed will be a battle between the grizzlies, t-wolves, jazz, and sonics, with the jazz taking it

EAST:
1. heat (wrong about the seeding but they won the division, i shouldn't have let my biasness of hatered for the pistons get in the way of prediciting lol)

2. pacers (damn i was way off again shouldn't let hatered get in the way, heat got this seed)

3. nets (i got this one right lol)

4. pistons (i was way off they got the number one seed, and i still hate them, cavs got
this seed)

5. cavs ( was one seed off on them, at least bron bron finally made it to the playoffs, wizards got this seed)

6. sixers (wrong, they didn't even make the playoffs, pacers got this seed)

7. wizards (was two seeds off on them, bulls got this seed)

8. celtics (they didn't make the playoffs but have some promising young players, i was actually mad when the spurs passed on gomes in the first round, what a steal he was for the celtics in the second round, and 9 and a half fingers gerald green showed some promise at the end of the season, bucks got this seed)

the same as the west it's gonna be a battle for that 8th seed between the celtics, knicks, and the bulls. with the celtics taking it

well the regular season is over now, lets see how i did, well i was off on a lot of the seedings got most of the teams right i guess lol, i'll post later what i think of the playoffs and how it'll go

i added stuff the quoted area in bold

tony hipchest
04-20-2006, 04:08 PM
well the regular season is over now, lets see how i did, well i was off on a lot of the seedings got most of the teams right i guess lol, i'll post later what i think of the playoffs and how it'll go

i added stuff the quoted area in bold

pretty good predictions. since i dont have the sonics to follow, i am pulling for a nets spurs rematch. nets have an uphill battle but kidd and vince are 2 of my favorite players to watch since college, along with duncan. for local reasons, and since s. nash is a pimp, i wouldnt mind seeing phoenix in there either. any one but the lakobers (lakers/kobes)

Koopa
04-20-2006, 04:14 PM
alright here are my playoff predicitons

WEST: FIRST ROUND

spurs over kings, 4-2

mavs over grizzlies, 4-0

clippers over denver, 4-3

lakers over suns, 4-2

WEST: CONF. SEMIFINALS

spurs over mavs, 4-2

clippers over lakers, 4-3

WEST: CONF. FINALS

spurs over clippers, 4-1

EASTERN: FIRST ROUND

pistons over bucks, 4-0

cavs over wizards, 4-3

nets over pacers, 4-2

heat over bulls, 4-3

EASTERN: CONF. SEMIFINALS

pistons over cavs, 4-1

nets over heat, 4-3

EASTERN: CONF. FINALS

pistons over nets, 4-1

NBA FINALS

spurs over pistons, 4-2

BlackNGold203
04-20-2006, 04:57 PM
I will admit I dont follow the NBA that much....but i betchya a Spurs-Mavs series would be worth watching...from what I've read..they arent real fond of each other...is that pretty accurate?

Koopa
04-20-2006, 06:10 PM
I will admit I dont follow the NBA that much....but i betchya a Spurs-Mavs series would be worth watching...from what I've read..they arent real fond of each other...is that pretty accurate?

not really, nice little in state rival i guess, but nothing compared to the laker spur rival of a few years ago.