PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS are always on top

thebus36idf
03-13-2008, 03:17 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah: I believe last year Sports Illustrated had us dead last in the division. I bet alot of you were in bed with them too, because of the year we had before that. We hadn't gained anyone of any great stature in last years free agency either. Yet AGAIN the STEELERS were in the playoffs. Every year the Steelers look as if they may just slip away for a period of time. Yet every year were right there. I bet you didn't peg us to win Superbowl 40 when we had to win our last 4 regular season games Plus, all our playoffs on the road with no bye. The Steelers are always on the cutting edge with the greatest coaching staff , and a team with heart you can never give up on. Not to mention Ben had his best year stat wise with this O-Line. Not to mention we had the best running game for 3/4ths of the season. How quickly we forget. :helmet::helmet::helmet::banging::banging:
Peace & Grace Doug

polamalu82
03-13-2008, 03:26 PM
........uh........yep.....:hunch:

kmsteelerwr15
03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
huh ? :screwy:

Rotorhead
03-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Um . . . who is this guy? Must be a new bandwagon guy finally realizing we have the greatest team ever.

19ward86
03-13-2008, 05:53 PM
actually after a 15-1 season i believed all we had to do was beat the pats in the playoffs to get there and after that it was a piece of cake. Even though we didnt play them in 2005, but like i said piece of cake.

SteelCityMan786
03-13-2008, 06:04 PM
actually after a 15-1 season i believed all we had to do was beat the pats in the playoffs to get there and after that it was a piece of cake. Even though we didnt play them in 2005, but like i said piece of cake.

Yes we did play the Pats in 2005. Just not in the playoffs.

Dylan
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
:popcorn:

thebus36idf
03-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Um . . . who is this guy? Must be a new bandwagon guy finally realizing we have the greatest team ever.

Defending my stance as a fan would seem a waist of time otherwise why would I be at this website. I have been to many games and very rarely run across people in Pittsburgh whom would question my faithfulness as a fan. Loved being at the Steelers/ Jags game on Dec. 16th almost died to get there drove til 6:00 in the morning in a blizzard. Had a great time.
I felt it neccesary to post this after reading threads. One Titled Browns passing Steelers by, among many others getting down on the Steelers. Many seemed to say unless we fix our O-Line which I so gracously defended we are going to fall to the Browns or Bangles. I hear it year in, and year out. Yet were always there. Do you remember the posts two years ago before we made our run to the superbowl. I do. We were by many peoples posts done in for the year. I however being the band wagon fan that I am will always have faith in our ability every year, because history shows we are the most resilient football team ever. If you are ever in East Stroudsburg P.A. look me up I'll give you a tour of my office.
Peace & Grace Doug

Steel Pit
03-13-2008, 11:48 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah: I believe last year Sports Illustrated had us dead last in the division. I bet alot of you were in bed with them too, because of the year we had before that. We hadn't gained anyone of any great stature in last years free agency either. Yet AGAIN the STEELERS were in the playoffs. Every year the Steelers look as if they may just slip away for a period of time. Yet every year were right there. I bet you didn't peg us to win Superbowl 40 when we had to win our last 4 regular season games Plus, all our playoffs on the road with no bye. The Steelers are always on the cutting edge with the greatest coaching staff , and a team with heart you can never give up on. Not to mention Ben had his best year stat wise with this O-Line. Not to mention we had the best running game for 3/4ths of the season. How quickly we forget. :helmet::helmet::helmet::banging::banging:
Peace & Grace Doug

I feel you man, If you've read some of the archives of this forum then you've seen that there are many nay sayers, or as they so elegantly like to call themselves, "REALIST".

I've done my share of arging with some of them but it's basically a waste of time. My opinion is that no Steelers fan should EVER count their team out nor should they EVER pick against them. Some people don't see it that way, they act as if they've placed thousands of dollars on predicting the eventual outcomes of the AFC North division winner, regualr season/playoff game winners, or who will ultimately be in the Super Bowl.

Take a look at one of the forums recent polls and you will see that some "STEELERS FANS" have predicted the Bengals or Browns to win the AFC North Division next season. I just don't understand it.

Ask me any of the aforementioned questions this year, next year or even 20 years from now and my answer will ALWAYS be the STEELERS!

BettisFan
03-14-2008, 12:15 AM
sure.... :banging:

Galax Steeler
03-14-2008, 03:34 AM
They never pick us to win the north but time after time we keep proving them wrong.

memphissteelergirl
03-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Peace & Grace Doug

OK...you, uh....done now?...good...time to school you on a few things here...

The purpose of these forums is to talk about our beloved Steelers...and sometimes that means venting a little frustration when we aren't happy with the way things are going in the organization and wave the virtual TT :tt02: when things are going great.
Now I will grant you that some take it too far and look for the negative in everything, or they have a personal ax to grind with the HC or a certain player, but otherwise we try to keep our critisisms constructive. So before you judge us, please read through our posts on the subjects. If you disagree, fine...do so in an intelligent manner. Or better yet, don't respond. Simple.

BettisFan
03-14-2008, 10:38 AM
This was just such a great thread!

randy06
03-14-2008, 11:31 AM
lol ya sure:dang:

thebus36idf
03-14-2008, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=memphissteelergirl;376406]OK...you, uh....done now?...good...time to school you on a few things here...

The purpose of these forums is to talk about our beloved Steelers...and sometimes that means venting a little frustration when we aren't happy with the way things are going tt02: when things are going great. That's what I thought I was doing only my frustration was with the steeler fans putting the browns ahead of the STEELERS. What grounds do they have for this theory. Also I saw alot of criticism of the O-Line. I was simply posing the question which no one has adressed yet. Why was it that It was Bens best year. And we had one of the best running games if this was truly the case?

BettisFan
03-15-2008, 12:51 AM
[That's what I thought I was doing only my frustration was with the steeler fans putting the browns ahead of the STEELERS. What grounds do they have for this theory. Also I saw alot of criticism of the O-Line. I was simply posing the question which no one has adressed yet. Why was it that It was Bens best year. And we had one of the best running games if this was truly the case?

your neglecting to look at his sacked count! Jeez most sacked award!:dang:

Galax Steeler
03-15-2008, 06:28 AM
your neglecting to look at his sacked count! Jeez most sacked award!:dang:

:banging:

beSteelmyheart
03-16-2008, 08:39 PM
I personally never put the Browns in front of the Steelers-in fact I welcome a good fight.
And of course we are concerned about the O-Line..especially now. Who wants to see Ben become an expensive cheerleader?

thebus36idf
03-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Brown always seem to get close, but always fall short. WE OWN THEM

thebus36idf
03-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Agreed. We are 4th from the bottom in Sacks. Alot of these are coverage sacks 1) because we need a taller reciever. 2) Ben gets a little skittish in the pocket, and steps out instead of up. I know this will only improve as he gets older. when he gets in the zone like he did in both games against the Jags and just hangs in the pocket the whole system works better.

Galax Steeler
03-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Brown always seem to get close, but always fall short. WE OWN THEM

Who don't own them.