PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Jones to be released by the Lions

BlastFurnace
03-13-2008, 04:29 PM
No...this is not a "he will look good in the Black N' Gold" and a "I wonder if he will take a reasonable salary" post....but according to www.rotoworld.com, he is going to be released by the Lions and Cadillac Williams's career may be over.

Personally...I have no problem with the players trying to get their money and a lot of it guaranteed. These are two young men that were stars in the league just 2 years ago. Sad.

polamalu82
03-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Especially Carnell. He was hyped like the next LT in Tampa Bay.

TackleMeBen
03-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Especially Carnell. He was hyped like the next LT in Tampa Bay.
he could have been if he hadnt gotten the injury bug.

The Duke
03-13-2008, 04:49 PM
sucks for Cadillac Williams, I always liked him

would have looked good in black an gold :sofunny:

tony hipchest
03-13-2008, 05:01 PM
interresting thing about the class of o4 and 05 rb's.

there was a strong push for the steelers to take either kevin jones or steven jackson as bettis replacement in 04. steelers heavilly scouted jones (i thought he was their favorite) and coulda easilly pulled the trigger on him.

instead they settled on a record setting offensive ROTY qb and a practice squad UDFA running back.

the following year caddilac williams was a top 5 pick and OROTY. willie parker out preformed him as a 2nd year player in his 1st year of live action, and had the most beautiful, perfectly executed run in superbowl history.

so basically kevin jones = willie parker + big ben.

kinda explains why the lions have never sniffed a SB and the steelers have won 5.

luck plays a big part. but credit also goes to colbert. the lions havent even sniffed the playoffs since he left.

Dino 6 Rings
03-13-2008, 05:39 PM
SEC Running backs, like Williams take such a beating during their College Career that now adays, its tough to last a long time at the next level, once the injuries happen, they keep on coming...

that's why D-mac, is such a risk for a team. He's been successful in the SEC, so you know he's got skills...but man...he's taken a beating with so many carries already, especially when you consider the Hogs went to that Wild Hog formation for 2 years just to get the ball in his hands even more. Crazy.

I'd still take Steven Jackson if the Rams want to trade him for a 4th round pick on 2012...

BettisFan
03-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll say it again injuries injuries injuries.. :(

19ward86
03-13-2008, 06:59 PM
I hope cadilac can come back even if it is in 2yrs, kevin jones can still be awesome with a real o-line. he could be great with the broncos.

lilyoder6
03-13-2008, 08:54 PM
i must be blind but i couldn't find the article for williams.. and the release of kevin jones was .. wow.. he is a good rb.. hope he gets healthy and comes back strong

TackleMeBen
03-13-2008, 09:05 PM
yet again another great move by the great matt millen.... dont they have the mob in detroit???????? maybe the lion fans could pay them to dump this guy since the fords dont seem to know how..lol

BettisFan
03-15-2008, 12:19 AM
lions are going nowhere fast

TackleMeBen
03-15-2008, 08:53 AM
lions are going nowhere fast
the lions havent been going anywhere for along time.. what makes anyone think they would be going now... and yet again kitna was on the local detroit sports stations talking about how they are going to get their ten wins again... hey there jon how did that work out for you last season???????? yeah just what i thought... you sucked.. again

Elvis
03-16-2008, 09:27 AM
The thought of Jones coming here also crossed my mind but that would mean a whole lot of changes would have to happen and I dont see that happening myself.
:helmet:

lilyoder6
03-16-2008, 11:45 AM
jones is a good rb.. hopefully he can re-charge his career at a better team.. or at least a better o-lline

BettisFan
03-16-2008, 12:54 PM
We have willie and davenport dont need another rb

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I would love for Jones to back up Parker

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Feel bad for Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams, though. Can see Roy Williams leaving for Dallas, though...he's said he wants to be a Cowboy.

lilyoder6
03-17-2008, 12:29 PM
jones would be a beeter back up than najah.. but ohw ell and roy is in his last yr of his deal.. i wonder what they are going to do.. maybe draft a wr in the 1st rd again??

Galax Steeler
03-18-2008, 05:14 AM
jones would be a beeter back up than najah.. but ohw ell and roy is in his last yr of his deal.. i wonder what they are going to do.. maybe draft a wr in the 1st rd again??

For some reason they really love drafting wide recievers in the first it wouldn't surprise me.

TackleMeBen
03-18-2008, 06:40 AM
For some reason they really love drafting wide recievers in the first it wouldn't surprise me.
that is the only position matt 'stupid' millen knows in football. he has turned this team into the laughing stock of the nfl.. they need help on the offensive line.. i mean kitna got killed last season.. hey, maybe kitna and ben can compare who got the heck knocked out of them more..they were both on their backs alot..lol..:flap:

lilyoder6
03-18-2008, 11:30 AM
well they finally panned out with williams and johnson it only took them 3-4 yrs to find them..

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 05:45 PM
do you all think jones will start any where or get playing time?