PDA

View Full Version : Story of my life........

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 08:33 AM
We are looking at a 2007 demo Hyundai Santa Fe (black) . I have a black '04 Santa Fe that is getting a new transmission under warranty as we speak (we bought it used so the $60,000 mile warranty is almost up). It's cheaper for them to replace it than fix it. But in 10,000 miles, the warranty even on the new one expires. Love my vehicle............but not having the warranty bothers me.

We can get into this new one with a full 100,000 warranty (and it's still black.....yeah!) for under 30 bucks a month more. Hubby was all excited because it has satellite radio! Yeah.......sports coverage!!!!!

So..............I look it up (it has XM) and NO NFL COVERAGE. That's only available on Sirius!!!!!!! :banging:

I will be giving up my 4 wheel drive and everyone keeps telling me I'll never miss it with the front wheel drive electronic stability control. It makes perfect sense to do this deal........it drives like a dream, has a sunroof and heated seats like my old one. And we start over with the best warranty available. But I just loved my 4 wheel drive.............I drive 60 miles a day and when the roads are crappy, it was great! I hate compromising!

Sigh............why couldn't it have the Serius radio...................... :banging:

But it's black and will look great with my BLITZBG license plate!

FYI..............XM is the exclusive radio staion for the NHL. Not the NFL. :banging:

TackleMeBen
03-15-2008, 08:45 AM
you can always buy a sirius radio to put in your car.. that is what i did... not sure if you want to extra 12.00 a month bill for it though.. just a thought.

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't have been interested in buying one at all. It comes installed with the XM radio/cd player. We may have them switch it out for the multidisc player.

steelymcmatt
03-15-2008, 08:59 AM
We are looking at a 2007 demo Hyundai Santa Fe (black) . I have a black '04 Santa Fe that is getting a new transmission under warranty as we speak (we bought it used so the $60,000 mile warranty is almost up). It's cheaper for them to replace it than fix it. But in 10,000 miles, the warranty even on the new one expires. Love my vehicle............but not having the warranty bothers me.

We can get into this new one with a full 100,000 warranty (and it's still black.....yeah!) for under 30 bucks a month more. Hubby was all excited because it has satellite radio! Yeah.......sports coverage!!!!!

So..............I look it up (it has XM) and NO NFL COVERAGE. That's only available on Sirius!!!!!!! :banging:

I will be giving up my 4 wheel drive and everyone keeps telling me I'll never miss it with the front wheel drive electronic stability control. It makes perfect sense to do this deal........it drives like a dream, has a sunroof and heated seats like my old one. And we start over with the best warranty available. But I just loved my 4 wheel drive.............I drive 60 miles a day and when the roads are crappy, it was great! I hate compromising!

Sigh............why couldn't it have the Serius radio...................... :banging:

But it's black and will look great with my BLITZBG license plate!

FYI..............XM is the exclusive radio staion for the NHL. Not the NFL. :banging:

I believe you can purchase equipment to convert from XM to Sirius. Not sure how it works, but may be worth checking it out.....

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 10:39 AM
I believe you can purchase equipment to convert from XM to Sirius. Not sure how it works, but may be worth checking it out.....

Will do! Thanks for the info! :cheers:

I am pressured (by hubby) to make a quick decision about this. If we sign papers this weekend, we won't have a car payment this month. And that will pay for our trip to Pa. next weekend.

We should be tradding for a Honda civic..........but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Hubby is 6' 6'' and this one has more leg and head room than our old one for him. Damn gas prices. :jawdrop:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Do a quick search...I think that xm and Sirius are planning on merging.

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Do a quick search...I think that xm and Sirius are planning on merging.

I have seen that on several articles. Russ is waiting on a call back from the dealership. If we can convert or it looks like the merger is seriously being considered, we'll keep it. It only has a single disc cd player so a multidisc with Serius would be perfect if they can swap it out. (Russ used to work for this dealership so we get good deals and service). We get 3 months free satellite service and then we can activiate it at a later time.

I really wish I could get a Pittsburgh station to listen to on Monday mornings going to work. I'd rather listen to Steelers talk than everybody bitching about the Bungles! :sofunny:

(but that has a bright side, too!) :tt02:

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 11:12 AM
All the articles I found about a merger a over a year old.

polamalu82
03-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I have seen that on several articles. Russ is waiting on a call back from the dealership. If we can convert or it looks like the merger is seriously being considered, we'll keep it. It only has a single disc cd player so a multidisc with Serius would be perfect if they can swap it out. (Russ used to work for this dealership so we get good deals and service). We get 3 months free satellite service and then we can activiate it at a later time.

I really wish I could get a Pittsburgh station to listen to on Monday mornings going to work. I'd rather listen to Steelers talk than everybody bitching about the Bungles! :sofunny:

(but that has a bright side, too!) :tt02:

Only 3 months? I had XM when I bought my 98 Jeep. XM sucks for more reasons than just the lack of NFL stations. I switched over and couldn't be happier. I gotta have the Stern.

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 11:31 AM
yeah......I am looking at the "window sticker" from the vehicle right now. It says free activation and 3 months service.

Still waiting on the dealership to call back. I don't care about Howard Stern. I'm in my car 40 minutes in the morning and 40 minutes going home. But I believe you can access from your computer if you subscribe. We really would like the NFL coverage and abit of talk radio and good music for our 5 hour trips to Pa.

Cinci radio stations suck. The only good one went off the air Jan. 1. I lost alot of good national talk shows and at least I could listen to Andy Furman bitch about the Bengals every night on my way home. I never, ever listen to fm music stations anymore because there are way too many commercials. So I either put in a couple of cd's or turn it off and make my grocery list in my head.

polamalu82
03-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I'll just throw this idea out there for ya. Why don't you play hard to get. Tell the dealership that you refuse to have the XM. Tell them the only way you'll buy the car is if they install Sirius. Sounds funny but my friend did that and they did it for him. Maybe a last ditch effort for free Sirius. Remember we are in a recession so you have more power. Just a thought.:smile:

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Russ is good at that kind of stuff (he's a salesman himself so it's all a game for him)...........but we also have to keep in mind that we get "special deals" from his friends there as it is. Both of these Santa Fe's fell into our laps with great deals. No way could we afford them otherwise. (I refuse to pay that much a month for a car) And we weren't ever thinking about trading 2 days ago until he drove the demo as a loaner while ours is serviced. We have 2 car payments so I fell we are already overbudget as it is. This new one will "only" cost us less than $30 a month more...... new car and full warranty so it's the smart thing to do. (well, really the smart thing to so with these gas prices is to go buy a little rice rocket!)

He was working there when the 2004 came in on trade and we only paid their cost for it. (and they "stole it"). That paved the way owing less on it than it's actually worth after 2 years and now with the recession, the deals are good on last years models. (this one is a demo with 6,000 miles) This is the last '07 they have on the lot and this dealership had their worst month ever last month. So we can use some leverage.......... to a point because we are already getting a terrific deal.

Funny how both of these vehicles are black......my favorite color for cars and works with my Steelers plates! I guess it's meant to be.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-15-2008, 12:10 PM
All the articles I found about a merger a over a year old.

Havent heard anything about the merger for a while myself.

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Well, here's the deal. They are going to swap out at no charge, and give us an Infinity multidisc cd player with XM. The guy at a local electronics store says that the converter for Hyundai should be available within a year so we can convert it to Sirius.

polamalu82
03-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, here's the deal. They are going to swap out at no charge, and give us an Infinity multidisc cd player with XM. The guy at a local electronics store says that the converter for Hyundai should be available within a year so we can convert it to Sirius.

Wow!! A year? I think if I were you, I'd spend our tax cut check on Sirius(stimulate the economy). Unless you can wait that long.

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 05:25 PM
It won't fit in the dash.........it would be mounted on the dash......yuck. And to be honest, we never even talked about getting a satellite radio. It was just happened to be in this vehicle but we can only get XM. So we'll get a converter when it's available and the looks won't change at all. You just hit the XM button on the dash and out comes Sirius radio! They are upgrading it to an Infinity system for nothing so I can have the multidisc player.

And I aready "pre spent" part of my rebate check on a Tiffany choker necklace..........and I did it for you, my fellow Americans!

polamalu82
03-15-2008, 05:30 PM
It won't fit in the dash.........it would be mounted on the dash......yuck. And to be honest, we never even talked about getting a satellite radio. It was just happened to be in this vehicle but we can only get XM. So we'll get a converter when it's available and the looks won't change at all. You just hit the XM button on the dash and out comes Sirius radio! They are upgrading it to an Infinity system for nothing so I can have the multidisc player.

And I aready "pre spent" part of my rebate check on a Tiffany choker necklace..........and I did it for you, my fellow Americans!

Chicks:dang: :sofunny:

stillers4me
03-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Chicks:dang: :sofunny:

But you love us! :banana:

BettisFan
03-16-2008, 12:55 AM
just buy it

stillers4me
03-16-2008, 08:41 AM
We are.

And I get my multidisc player.........upgraded to an Infinity system. Hopefully the converter will be available by summer. The drawback is that once we have NFL coverage.......my husband will want to drive it.

IT"S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

polamalu82
03-16-2008, 11:36 AM
We are.

And I get my multidisc player.........upgraded to an Infinity system. Hopefully the converter will be available by summer. The drawback is that once we have NFL coverage.......my husband will want to drive it.

IT"S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get the necklace and a car? I'm starting to feel bad for your husband.:sofunny:

stillers4me
03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Can I work it, or what?? :wink02:

Steeler in Carolina
03-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Just my two cents on the satellite radio thing. I have had Sirius for 4 years and would have nothing else. Their slogan really is true---best radio on radio. Dump the XM and get Sirius.

stillers4me
03-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Like I said, I don't want satellite radio bad enough to mount it on the dash. We have to wait until the converter is available. I'll take the free upgrade to the infinity multidisc system and wait for the converter. Hopefuly, it will be available by September.

stillers4me
03-25-2008, 06:36 AM
They announced a merger is approved!!!!!!!!! :banana:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industries/media/article/justice-department-gives-siriusxm-merger-ok_530362_15.html

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-25-2008, 06:51 AM
They announced a merger is approved!!!!!!!!! :banana:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industries/media/article/justice-department-gives-siriusxm-merger-ok_530362_15.html

:thumbsup: