PDA

View Full Version : Falcons to trade Hall for Raiders' second-round pick in '08 draft

lilyoder6
03-15-2008, 07:02 PM
The Atlanta Falcons have reached an agreement in principle with the Oakland Raiders to trade cornerback DeAngelo Hall for the Raiders' second-round pick in the 2008 draft, pending the Raiders finalizing a contract with Hall, according to a source close to the Falcons.

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles, according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

Hall is a former first-rounder taken with the eighth pick in the 2004 draft.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

polamalu82
03-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Didn't see that one coming. Picking up D.Hall with a 2nd rounder. I thought it would've cost a little more than that.

polamalu82
03-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Just found this....

Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall refuted an ESPN report that he will be traded to the Raiders.
"Somebody's throwing something out there," Hall told the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Saturday afternoon. Neither Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff nor Hall's agent have returned phone calls.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

ShutDown24
03-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Just found this....

I don't see why Oakland would wan Hall... Their two starters are better than him imo and even though Namdi Asumougha was FTD I would assume they'll re-sign him... Oh wait, I forgot why this trade would make sense - Al Davis.

Preacher
03-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey,

If B-Mac is going to try and get starting money... I would rather get Hall.

He has the speed and the ability that B-mac only has in potential at this point.

polamalu82
03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey,

If B-Mac is going to try and get starting money... I would rather get Hall.

He has the speed and the ability that B-mac only has in potential at this point.

I agree, but I don't think it would ever happen. Be cool to see Hall in black and Gold though.

The Duke
03-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I agree, but I don't think it would ever happen. Be cool to see Hall in black and Gold though.

I would hate that :banging:

he sucks and would suck even more on the steelers

not to mention hes a team cancer

Asumougha and fabian washington are way better than him. this trade is a little weird..........

polamalu82
03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
I would hate that :banging:

he sucks and would suck even more on the steelers

not to mention hes a team cancer

Asumougha and fabian washington are way better than him. this trade is a little weird..........

According to Hall its not happening. Post #3.:thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Happening or not, Hall is overrated trash IMHO.

BettisFan
03-16-2008, 12:48 AM
I dont see why the hell the would ever do this?! Hall is great! For a secondround pick!!! COME ON!! THATS CRAZY! At least get someplayers wow. Guess they want to really clean house.

BettisFan
03-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Hall says its not true

http://rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=114162

fansince'76
03-16-2008, 01:41 AM
I dont see why the hell the would ever do this?! Hall is great! For a secondround pick!!! COME ON!! THATS CRAZY! At least get someplayers wow. Guess they want to really clean house.

Or they simply want to ditch a crybaby malcontent:

At the NFL combine, Hall said he wanted to be traded, and before the latest talks with the Raiders, Hall had just about guaranteed that he was going to be disruptive next season.

He had said he would consider either demanding a trade or sitting out the first 10 games of next season if the team did not extend his contract, which is set to enter its final year.

"I will not be a part of another losing team for another year," Hall told the AJC in December. "I've got to do what I've got to do. No matter who hates me."

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/03/15/dhall_0316.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

IMO the Falcons have enough problems besides trying to placate this overrated "it's all about me" douchebag.

Elvis
03-16-2008, 09:25 AM
This guy is so talented and such a Donkey!! If he can be held down and mature a whole lot, then the Raiders are getting off cheap if it is only a 2nd rounder the Falcons are wanting in return.
:helmet:

rbryan
03-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Hall must have the best PR guy/agent in the league because he gets beat three times for every play he makes. Not to mention his piss poor attitude. I'm guessing the person starting this rumor is either him or his agent.

This guy is a world class turd. I wouldn't take him for the NFL minimum.

lilyoder6
03-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Raiders working on deal for DeAngelo Hall
By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

Details are still being finalized, but Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall could be traded to the Raiders within the next week.

Before any trade becomes official, two deals will have to be worked out. The first will have to be the Raiders compensating Hall's current team, the Falcons. The next will come from the Raiders having to compensate Hall, who wants a new deal. But those talks are well underway.

After getting permission from the Falcons last week, Hall spent Friday in Oakland, Calif., at the Raiders' training complex, taking a physical and meeting with Al Davis, head coach Lane Kiffin and defensive coordinator Rex Ryan.

The Falcons and Raiders are thought to be closer to agreeing to a deal than the Raiders and Hall. It is likely that Hall will want to be paid as one of the top cornerbacks in all of football.

Yet, the Raiders have been more aggressive than any team in football this offseason, doling out $144 million in guaranteed money to defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, wide receiver Javon Walker and safety Gibril Wilson.

Now, Hall has become the latest -- and biggest name -- player they are pursuing. One other NFC team has expressed a mild degree of interest in Hall, but the Raiders are the favorite to land the perennial Pro Bowl cornerback.

To land Hall, it likely would take at least the Raiders' second-round pick, near the top of the round. Oakland would be unwilling to surrender the draft's fourth overall pick, but the second round pick might be enough to get it done.

Should Atlanta land that second-round pick, it would be scheduled to pick three times in the round -- its own selection, Houston's in a trade for Matt Schaub last year, and Oakland's. It would give the Falcons unlimited possibilities.

lilyoder6
03-16-2008, 11:35 AM
so if the deal does get done.. atl could rebuild there team in the 2nd rd... and oak will have hall with a fat contract...

silver & black
03-16-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't see why Oakland would wan Hall... Their two starters are better than him imo and even though Namdi Asumougha was FTD I would assume they'll re-sign him... Oh wait, I forgot why this trade would make sense - Al Davis.

Aso is better than Hall... and arguably the best in the game right now. Washington isn't anywhere near as good as Hall.

Besides your obvious disdaine of Al Davis... what doesn't make sense about it?

BettisFan
03-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Well lets see if it goes through

ShutDown24
03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Aso is better than Hall... and arguably the best in the game right now. Washington isn't anywhere near as good as Hall.

Besides your obvious disdaine of Al Davis... what doesn't make sense about it?

From what I've seen of the Raiders, which isn't too much - I was under the impression Washington was playing some good football. Maybe I just saw a few good games of his, but I like to think I know DB play pretty well and from the limited amount of it you can see on TV, I didn't see any major flaws in his game. My mistake - I'll trust your opinion on him as you?re obviously around the team more. But Hall is a very overrated corner, that much I know. If you guys throw a bunch of money at him I think it's a mistake. I would rather have the second round pick.

I don't mind Davis, I respect him a lot for the kind of teams he has run before. But you can't deny the 'commitment to excellence' has a lower standard of late.

BettisFan
03-16-2008, 10:03 PM
From what I've seen of the Raiders, which isn't too much - I was under the impression Washington was playing some good football. Maybe I just saw a few good games of his, but I like to think I know DB play pretty well and from the limited amount of it you can see on TV, I didn't see any major flaws in his game. My mistake - I'll trust your opinion on him as you?re obviously around the team more. But Hall is a very overrated corner, that much I know. If you guys throw a bunch of money at him I think it's a mistake. I would rather have the second round pick.

I don't mind Davis, I respect him a lot for the kind of teams he has run before. But you can't deny the 'commitment to excellence' has a lower standard of late.

i wouldn't trust Al with a pair of scissors let alone a nfl team! :toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
isn't Hall one of the Jackholes that wore a "Free Mike Vick" T-shirt on Monday night football this year?

yeah....that's the kind of guy I want in my locker room...

the guy is a piece of dirt in my book.

fansince'76
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
isn't Hall one of the Jackholes that wore a "Free Mike Vick" T-shirt on Monday night football this year?

Almost....

http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2007-w49/img.88971_t.jpg

Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall holds a poster of former teammate and quarterback Michael Vick as he arrives on the field at the beginning of their Monday night NFL football game in Atlanta, Georgia, December 10, 2007. Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison earlier in the day for his role in an illegal dogfighting ring in which he admitted he was involved in the killing of at least eight dogs. REUTERS/Tami Chappell (UNITED STATES)

Major.
League.
Tool.

And a vastly overrated POS to boot.

silver & black
03-17-2008, 06:50 PM
From what I've seen of the Raiders, which isn't too much - I was under the impression Washington was playing some good football. Maybe I just saw a few good games of his, but I like to think I know DB play pretty well and from the limited amount of it you can see on TV, I didn't see any major flaws in his game. My mistake - I'll trust your opinion on him as you’re obviously around the team more. But Hall is a very overrated corner, that much I know. If you guys throw a bunch of money at him I think it's a mistake. I would rather have the second round pick.

Fair enough :cheers:.

Washington can play well, but he is very inconsistent. He also doesn't tackle very well.

I really don't know much about Hall, as I don't follow Atlanta at all. All I know is most everyone on my forum says he is top 5 corner, and the addition of Hall would make the Raiders' secondary one of, if not the best in the league.

Personally, I feel that this trade should not happen unless we plan to trade down... which I really hope we do.

ps... your assesment of the "commitment to excellence" is right on, and would not be argued by too many Raider fans................... its been a 5 year run that no long time Raider fan would have ever dreamed could happen. Unfortrunately, I see another 2 years of sub .500 seasons before it turns around.

BettisFan
03-17-2008, 07:33 PM

yeah....that's the kind of guy I want in my locker room...

the guy is a piece of dirt in my book.

yea he did

ShutDown24
03-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Fair enough :cheers:.

Washington can play well, but he is very inconsistent. He also doesn't tackle very well.

I really don't know much about Hall, as I don't follow Atlanta at all. All I know is most everyone on my forum says he is top 5 corner, and the addition of Hall would make the Raiders' secondary one of, if not the best in the league.

Personally, I feel that this trade should not happen unless we plan to trade down... which I really hope we do.

ps... your assesment of the "commitment to excellence" is right on, and would not be argued by too many Raider fans................... its been a 5 year run that no long time Raider fan would have ever dreamed could happen. Unfortrunately, I see another 2 years of sub .500 seasons before it turns around.

Yeah, Hall is good, but not top 5 or even close in my mind. I would go top 15... Maybe... Great pickup if you use him as a returner too - but most teams wouldn't do that with a 'franchise' corner. I would worry about Locking up Asomugha first and I think you'd agree with that, he was franchised right?

silver & black
03-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah, Hall is good, but not top 5 or even close in my mind. I would go top 15... Maybe... Great pickup if you use him as a returner too - but most teams wouldn't do that with a 'franchise' corner. I would worry about Locking up Asomugha first and I think you'd agree with that, he was franchised right?

Aso is tagged, and is in negotiations for a long term deal.

It is starting to look like the Hall deal is going to fall through. I don't know what the problem is, but I sure won't lose any sleep over it... I really don't want him on my team.

lilyoder6
03-17-2008, 10:19 PM
if oak would get hall him and aso would make a great cb duo... no doubt about it.. it won't be the best sec. since u really don't have great safeties.. and alge crump said about releasing vick.. these players are his friends and they want to support them... i don't see anything wrong in supporting a friend

BettisFan
03-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I think any team Hall goes to he will make better

silver & black
03-17-2008, 11:20 PM
if oak would get hall him and aso would make a great cb duo... no doubt about it.. it won't be the best sec. since u really don't have great safeties.. and alge crump said about releasing vick.. these players are his friends and they want to support them... i don't see anything wrong in supporting a friend

Safties got better with the addition of Gibril Wilson. Huff can go back to FS where he belongs now. We won't have to suffer through another season of Schweigert missing tackle after tackle. Not the best secondary, I'll agree, but one of the better ones out there... if Hall ends up a Raider. Just have to wait and see if it comes to pass.

BettisFan
03-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Schweigert! ALL HAIL KING SCHWEIGERT!! i dunno sounds like a general or king or something...

Dylan
03-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Could this signal the end for Michael Huff in the raiders secondary?

fansince'76
03-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah, Hall is good, but not top 5 or even close in my mind. I would go top 15... Maybe... Great pickup if you use him as a returner too - but most teams wouldn't do that with a 'franchise' corner.

Oh, I dunno - we did the same thing with Woodson and on his best day Hall couldn't carry Woodson's jock.

Galax Steeler
03-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Hall would really fit in out there with his attitude.

lilyoder6
03-18-2008, 11:32 AM
i like the whit eboy trying to play safety out there in oak.... huff is good but i guess if he is as good as he was at texas at fs..

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok its officially done

silver & black
03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Hall would really fit in out there with his attitude.

:shake01:

lilyoder6
03-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall says he will finalize a contract with Oakland by Thursday morning, allowing the trade sending him to the Raiders to be completed.

Clayton: Silver & Gold

Frustrated by his team's lack of success, Raiders owner Al Davis has spent a lot of money this offseason. And he's not done yet, writes John Clayton. Story

A source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the deal is for seven years and worth $70 million. The amount of guaranteed money and bonuses in the contract have not been finalized.

The source also told Mortensen the teams are discussing possibly more compensation than just a second-round pick for the Raiders to acquire Hall, a two-time All-Pro.

If the deal goes through as planned, the Falcons will have three second-round draft picks and four of the first 48 selections under first-year general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

Hall said he is scheduled to fly to Oakland on Wednesday to meet with Raiders officials, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"There is just some tweaking of the language that needs to be done, some minor details," Hall told the newspaper. "No deal breakers."

Hall, a former first-rounder taken with the eighth pick in the 2004 draft, would be paired with Nnamdi Asomugha, giving Oakland one of the top cornerback tandems in the game.

The move would also provide insurance if Asomugha were to leave as a free agent following next season. The Raiders placed the exclusive franchise tag on Asomugha, guaranteeing him at least $9.465 million in 2008. They still would like to sign him to a long-term deal.

If the deal goes through, the Raiders would have only one draft pick in the first three rounds. Oakland picks fourth in the opening round and traded its third-round pick last year to New England for a pick used to draft offensive lineman Mario Henderson.

ESPN NFL reporter Chris Mortensen and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

lilyoder6
03-18-2008, 07:20 PM
7 yrs and 70 mill is a lot of money... he got his payday

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Raiders you guys just dont know what to spend your money on

fansince'76
03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=299053&postcount=1

Good luck to the Raiders, you're gonna need it. (Sorry S&B)

lilyoder6
03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
:o

maybe the raiders will be able to get out of the 4th spot in there division??

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Uh.... i dont think so, that division does suck though

silver & black
03-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Raiders you guys just dont know what to spend your money on

Tell me... what should should the Raiders spend their money on?

silver & black
03-19-2008, 07:50 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=299053&postcount=1

Good luck to the Raiders, you're gonna need it. (Sorry S&B)

No need to say sorry to me... I'm not thrilled about it, but I guess I have no choice but to support him and hope it works out. Fans have no control over these things. All we can do is support our teams.

silver & black
03-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Uh.... i dont think so, that division does suck though

Yep, it does. From the toughest division in the NFL, to one of the worst. KC is in worse shape than we are, and will fiish last next year... IMHO.:bouncy:

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Yep, it does. From the toughest division in the NFL, to one of the worst. KC is in worse shape than we are, and will fiish last next year... IMHO.:bouncy:

I can agree with you on that one, Kansas City is just horrible right now they used to be some what of a force, where has Larry Johnson gone... right down the drain..

lilyoder6
03-19-2008, 08:16 PM
also that there all but great line has disapearred to the retirement home.. always thought that oak def was preety good in some games.. if they can get mcfadden they will have there franchise rb and qb 2 yrs straight

silver & black
03-19-2008, 08:26 PM
also that there all but great line has disapearred to the retirement home.. always thought that oak def was preety good in some games.. if they can get mcfadden they will have there franchise rb and qb 2 yrs straight

The Raiders' D is a good run stuffing DT away from being very good.

Mcfadden is a not a need, in my opinion. Everyone forgets that Fargas put up 1000+ yds. even though he was injured. We also have Michael Bush who is now 100% healthy,and can't wait to get out there and show all the nay sayers how wrong they were/are about him. We still have Rhodes too.

With the need of a DT, and an LT.... RB would be a dumb pick. If Mcfadden is still there at #4, we need to trade down... thats what I want to see happen.

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 08:30 PM
The Raiders' D is a good run stuffing DT away from being very good.

Mcfadden is a not a need, in my opinion. Everyone forgets that Fargas put up 1000+ yds. even though he was injured. We also have Michael Bush who is now 100% healthy,and can't wait to get out there and show all the nay sayers how wrong they were/are about him. We still have Rhodes too.

With the need of a DT, and an LT.... RB would be a dumb pick. If Mcfadden is still there at #4, we need to trade down... thats what I want to see happen.

You guys need a replacement for sapp

silver & black
03-19-2008, 09:50 PM
You guys need a replacement for sapp

Hopefully, that will be Tommy Kelly.I was hoping it would be Sands, but he got paid and then decided he didn't need to play anymore.

lilyoder6
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
yay but al likes flashy players and mcfadden is a flashy player... he is could also be a returner if not be starter at week 1.. if they take him at number 4 the 1st season he will be like a bush in his rookie yr

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 10:31 PM
i thought you all would draft to replace him but ok

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
This is a perfect trade for Oakland. The only problem is that they lack a guy like Madden to hold "the criminal element in the NFL" together, and they clearly lack that. This will be a honeymoon until the L's once again start piling up.

BettisFan
03-20-2008, 02:58 PM
SI.com's Jim Trotter reports a deal that would send DeAngelo Hall to the Raiders could be called off if it isn't finalized by Thursday.
ESPN is already throwing out numbers, years, and guarantees, but this deal was never certain to happen. Hall reportedly spent four and a half hours with Al Davis Wednesday night, only to leave the bargaining room without an agreement. He did stay in Alameda overnight and is continuing talks today. Mar. 20 - 2:44 pm et

Big D
03-20-2008, 04:07 PM
SI.com's Jim Trotter reports a deal that would send DeAngelo Hall to the Raiders could be called off if it isn't finalized by Thursday.
ESPN is already throwing out numbers, years, and guarantees, but this deal was never certain to happen. Hall reportedly spent four and a half hours with Al Davis Wednesday night, only to leave the bargaining room without an agreement. He did stay in Alameda overnight and is continuing talks today. Mar. 20 - 2:44 pm et

al davis clearly doesnt know how to negotiate a contract in a timely matter. more humiliation for the faiders

silver & black
03-20-2008, 05:49 PM
al davis clearly doesnt know how to negotiate a contract in a timely matter. more humiliation for the faiders

More like Al Davis knows exactly how to negotiate a contract with greedy, self importent players.

I guess that comment is due to the fact that Russell held out for the entire training camp? Russell and his rookie agent were to blame for that... Not Davis.

I like that Davis is hard nosed and won't roll over for these million dollar babies.

If Hall doesn't end up being a Raider... exactly how is it humuliating for the Raiders?

For the record.... I don't want Hall, and I hope it doesn't get done.

silver & black
03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
This is a perfect trade for Oakland. The only problem is that they lack a guy like Madden to hold "the criminal element in the NFL" together, and they clearly lack that. This will be a honeymoon until the L's once again start piling up.

More "crimanal element" talk huh? Which players are we talking about that make up this "criminal element" that is so apparent in the Raiders organization? This "criminal element" tag cracks me up every time I hear it. :sofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
I think Hall is the last thing the Raiders need. They should be worried about youth and toughness, not "look at me" in the secondary.

I'd like to see if they jump at D-mac with their first pick, then have Russell and McFadden in their backfield. That's a type of offensive begining that could really pay off in the long run. Defense, anyone but Hall, the guy isn't going to go from a Mike Vick supporting thug to a choir boy in oakland. He just isn't. Its a bad spot for him.

Almost as bad as if they went after pacman jones. They need players without the attitude, they need guys that will be calm off the field, and good on the field. Not guys who look for the mic first thing after each game.

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 05:56 PM
More "crimanal element" talk huh? Which players are we talking about that make up this "criminal element" that is so apparent in the Raiders organization? This "criminal element" tag cracks me up every time I hear it. :sofunny:

It is pretty funny that the Raiders have had that "tag" since the 70s. 30 something years later and they are still considered the "criminals".

Bengals and Falcons are way worse then the Raiders these days. Much worse.

Plus admit it Silver and Black....the Black Hole fans...play up that "attitude". Its almost part of the Raiders tradition.

silver & black
03-20-2008, 05:58 PM
I think Hall is the last thing the Raiders need. They should be worried about youth and toughness, not "look at me" in the secondary.

I'd like to see if they jump at D-mac with their first pick, then have Russell and McFadden in their backfield. That's a type of offensive begining that could really pay off in the long run. Defense, anyone but Hall, the guy isn't going to go from a Mike Vick supporting thug to a choir boy in oakland. He just isn't. Its a bad spot for him.

Almost as bad as if they went after pacman jones. They need players without the attitude, they need guys that will be calm off the field, and good on the field. Not guys who look for the mic first thing after each game.

We don't need D_mac. We need a stud DT and a LT. RB is not a need.

How much younger do we need to be? We are one of the youngest teams in the league now.

I agree with you about Hall... I don't want him.

Dino 6 Rings
03-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh man, if they pass on D-mac it could come back to be a huge mistake...the kid can play ball...and Al loves those home run guys...D-mac is fast, elusive and tough.

Everyone needs a DT and an OT, everyone...but only one team is going to get an RB with 3.39 speed...

silver & black
03-20-2008, 06:07 PM
It is pretty funny that the Raiders have had that "tag" since the 70s. 30 something years later and they are still considered the "criminals".

Bengals and Falcons are way worse then the Raiders these days. Much worse.

Plus admit it Silver and Black....the Black Hole fans...play up that "attitude". Its almost part of the Raiders tradition.

Wrong. That tag was placed on them after they moved to L.A. when the gang bangers adopted the colors and logo... unfortunately.

The fans in the Black Hole are a bunch of die hards that have fun with it... nothing more. There is no more violence at the Raiders' stadium than there is at any other NFL venue. Its just cool to yell about the Raiders because, well... its the Raiders. Its ok... people don't hate insignifgant teams.

I look at it this way... everyone knows who the Raiders are... all over the world... even as bad as they've been the last 5 years.

Dino 6 Rings
03-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Well they were the Bad Boys in Oakland, with Lyle and Matusak (sorry for spelling) and what not, Madden yelling and being himself on the sidelines, they even called themselves misfits. I didn't mean "criminals" as in regards to actual gangs. That happens to a lot of teams. "colors" are picked up, wouldn't be suprised if the Falcons don't all of sudden have a bunch of "criminal fans".

I just think Hall is a bad fit for Oakland. That's all, they shouldn't want any drama queens on their team, and Hall is a queen.