PDA

View Full Version : Let's play GM

paw-n-maul-u
03-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Holy boring.

In between reading John Madden, oops I mean Harris, articles about how the steelers let go bad old players, but not good old players ... but sometimes let go good players because too expensive ... stating the obvious

... and reading through 50 posts on a back up so and so visiting the steelers ... there has to be a new thread started ... on something ... anything. Let's here some personnel moves that you guys would make:

D. Townsend to FS for a year, hes their smartest DB, and could still play nickel corner. .

Colon to RG.

Simmons/draft pick to C.

Kemo at LG.

Starks/draft pick at LT.

Smith to RT.

Draft a 1st round OT like Chris Williams ... A PASS PROTECTION LEFT TACKLE ... I don't want some fool like gosder cherilus who is just gonna run block like a bull.

Draft a 2nd round CB like Cason or Flowers. (I'd like flowers, I think he's the best CB in this draft, a so-so combine could drop him if teams get enamored w/ #'s ... also given how this is a pass happy league. you need three really good corners)

Ike, B-mac, and Flowers at corners.

Troy and Townsend at safety.

Harrison, Farrior, Foote/Timmons (hopefully more Timmons), and Woodley ... thats a really good LB core.

Kiesel the Diesel and hopefully a draft pick like Kendall Langford in the fourth round or so. ... big snack and hoke in the middle ... Smith on the other side.

That's a really good defense man.

On offense, I'd like to see davenport and wilson cut, and mahan deported.

your thoughts?

your ideas?

BettisFan
03-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow alot of thought put into this, i like it all but the draft i want Otah out of pittsburgh

The Duke
03-16-2008, 08:55 PM
if we're the gms do we have to be cheap like the steelers? :hunch:

in all seriousness, that deshea move to FS sounds good, but only if clark can't come back. but I still expect anthony to succeed him soon

oh, and fire arians!! :wave:

Bam Morris' Kin
03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
hey folks, i went to VT and flowers is a big time pro prospect... his combine performance may have been crappy, but he is a gamer... he thrives in big games, and knows when to step it up. he was a big leader on the team, and i think he could help the steelers' secondary BIG TIME!!

tony hipchest
03-16-2008, 10:54 PM
fire b. arians

cut s. mahan

h. miller to center

m. spaeth to #1 te

m. starks as #2 te

more hb options with w. parker

NEVER play 10 yds off of ANY wr

threaten m. tomlin with his job if he doesnt win the sb in the next 3 years.

other than that, make a trade up/down, player/pick if the opportunity presents itself. draft the next devin hester. fire the special teams coach and pay whatever the bears special teams coach wants.

personally i think that with the benefits of tons of cheating, k. colbert may be known as 1 of the finest gm's in the league. i pretty much agree with the majority of the decisions. i do wish we woulda traded faneca, and that our last 2 second round cb's drafted were doing much better.

19ward86
03-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Miller to center, i dont even know what to say to that. Whether your serious or not you sounded like you were committed to doing that...

I think mahan+wilson=cut, i like simmons at center but i would like for us to draft Branden Albert to play LG and have Kemoeatu to play RG. I wouldnt mind seeing townshend at FS but he is 34 and i dont think he will be here much longer so it is really pointless to move him to safety for a year.

tony hipchest
03-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Miller to center, i dont even know what to say to that. Whether your serious or not you sounded like you were committed to doing that...

hell yeah! i am SO commited to doing that. i know it will work and solve alot of our problems.

he used to play qb. 30+ lbs added in the offseason and he will have all-pro atheletisizm for the position. he will be a free agent soon and we must maximize his youth, value, and potential.

lets face it. tha burgh isnt known for its tight ends. it is known for its centers tho. :thumbsup:

:sofunny:

Preacher
03-16-2008, 11:50 PM
hell yeah! i am SO commited to doing that. i know it will work and solve alot of our problems.

he used to play qb. 30+ lbs added in the offseason and he will have all-pro atheletisizm for the position. he will be a free agent soon and we must maximize his youth, value, and potential.

lets face it. tha burgh isnt known for its tight ends. it is known for its centers tho. :thumbsup:

:sofunny:

:doh:

Man sarcasm is lost on people!

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-16-2008, 11:53 PM
why all the hate for arians?

get used to it, folks...the steelers just opened the vault for roethlisberger - they are NOT just going to watch him hand it off for 2 downs and throw on third. this is the "new" steelers, and they were pretty damn good on offense, and they were NEVER out of a game.

as a gm, i'd say the #1 need is a pass rush on defense. and last year's pick, woodley, may be the solution to that problem. O and D lines need youthful upgrades as well.

i'd also inquire into darrell jackson's availability at wr...

tony hipchest
03-17-2008, 12:32 AM
:doh:

Man sarcasm is lost on people!i thought we were playin. i didnt know this was for realsies.

but if miller gets moved to center (for league minimum/hometown discount) you heard it here 1st!

The Duke
03-17-2008, 12:36 AM
why all the hate for arians?

it's sarcasm :dang:

but yeah, many people do hate him even though he played a big role in ben's improvement

Aussie_steeler
03-17-2008, 02:54 AM
fire b. arians

m. spaeth to #1 te

m. starks as #2 te

When Arians goes to the 3 TE sets can we please have Casey as the #3 TE?

I think Tony is onto something here. :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
03-17-2008, 04:38 AM
When Arians goes to the 3 TE sets can we please have Casey as the #3 TE?

I think Tony is onto something here. :thumbsup:

Yea tony is on to something big i say tony the new gm for the steelers.:tt02:

vasteeler
03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
no i see ben as te cedric as qb big snack as fb we would be unstopable

Preacher
03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Man...

I know it is hard sometimes to tell sarcasm on a BB, but do any of you think TH is that far out to suggest Spaeth as center? :rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
If I was King of the Forest...

I mean GM...

I'd sign Haggans to a one year deal to keep him on the roster and work to get him to retire a Steelers.

I'd FINE every player on Special Teams Kick Coverage if a return ever went for more than 35 yards against us. That should motivate them to tackle. If that doesn't work. I'd fine the ENTIRE TEAM for every 35 yard kickoff against us, If I can't motivate them, maybe some of their team mates can...that'll do pig. that'll do.

Oh, and I'd retire the Following Numbers officially:
and

BettisFan
03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
If i was GM I would go out and trade for some good players

HometownGal
03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Mahan to either RG or LG. I'm not ready to give up on Mahan just yet. He was thrust into a position last season that wasn't his natural position. He played fairly well for the Bucs at G, so I want to see what he can do before throwing him under the bus.

Dino 6 Rings
03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I agree, as long as we don't go into the season with Mahan at center, it was obviously not his positon of strength last season. That will need addressed. We need a Freaking Center...PLEASE.

BettisFan
03-17-2008, 06:08 PM
whos taking fanecas spot? please pm me with answer! thanks