PDA

View Full Version : Panthers Help Steve Smith

kmsteelerwr15
03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3298035

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Help is on the way for Steve Smith.

Determined to end the constant double teams of their star receiver, the Carolina Panthers came to terms Monday with Seattle free agent D.J. Hackett on a two-year, $3.5 million deal.

Hackett is the second receiver the Panthers have added since missing the playoffs last season without a reliable second option after Smith. Muhsin Muhammad was signed last month.

Jeremy
03-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Carolina is making some bold moves right now. It'll be interesting to see if they pay off.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Carolina is making some bold moves right now. It'll be interesting to see if they pay off.

They pay off if Delholme plays, IMO. Hell, they may pay off if Moore plays.

ShutDown24
03-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Good news and bad new for Hackett lol... Good news - He's leaving Seattle. Bad news - He's going to Carolina ><

And only on a two year deal... Have to feel bad for him, he probably thought a massive payday was coming. Surprised there wasn't more interest in him. I guess that's what the injury bug does.

polamalu82
03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't think Hackett is going to pull any coverage from Smith. Smith is still the guy to stop in Carolina.

Elvis
03-18-2008, 06:34 PM
They pay off if Delholme plays, IMO. Hell, they may pay off if Moore plays.
I dont know how much anyone here watches the panthers and obviously it isnt much, but the Panthers are a totaly different team when Dellhome is in there and healthy folks. I think that the panthers must help him out with a running game and that starts with a good o line right?
:helmet:

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 04:23 PM
looks like they got their receivers but what about their qb situation it seems like Jake is going downhill and they just let carr go so who can they rely on?

kmsteelerwr15
03-19-2008, 04:31 PM
and not to mention the o-line and the inconsistent running game

Willem Gerber
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Thier RB needs better blocking otherwise nothing will be coming from it