PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars - Season 6

HometownGal
03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
For those interested, there is quite a cast this season on DWTS, which premiered tonight on ABC at 8:00 PM EST. Men are up tonight - ladies tomorrow night (beginning at 9:00 PM EST).

Ladies - Jason Taylor is up next! :lust::lust::lust:

MACH1
03-17-2008, 07:32 PM
For those interested, there is quite a cast this season on DWTS, which premiered tonight on ABC at 8:00 PM EST. Men are up tonight - ladies tomorrow night (beginning at 9:00 PM EST).

Ladies - Jason Taylor is up next! :lust::lust::lust:

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

:wink02:

polamalu82
03-17-2008, 07:32 PM
It seems like Dancing with the stars is trying to get men to watch by putting on Football players. I don't think there's a man alive (thats straight) that would watch the show just to see Jason Taylor dancing around like a fruit.

HometownGal
03-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't think there's a man alive (thats straight) that would watch the show just to see Jason Taylor dancing around like a fruit.

Ladies - Jason Taylor is up next!

Hmmmmm - seems to me that you had a bit of trouble comprehending the first word in my post. :dang: :flap:

If you don't want to watch the show, that's your perogative, certainly, but a lot of my male friends who are as straight as arrows watch it for (a) the beautiful ladies in the teenie tiny dance attire or (b) they are amazed that big tough manly men (Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith, Jason Taylor, etc.) who have never set foot on a dance floor can be taught, in a relative short period of time, to dance almost at a professional level.

NJarhead
03-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Hmmmmm - seems to me that you had a bit of trouble comprehending the first word in my post. :dang: :flap:

If you don't want to watch the show, that's your perogative, certainly, but a lot of my male friends who are as straight as arrows watch it for (a) the beautiful ladies in the teenie tiny dance attire or (b) they are amazed that big tough manly men (Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith, Jason Taylor, etc.) who have never set foot on a dance floor can be taught, in a relative short period of time, to dance almost at a professional level.

Not really my thing either, but thanks for the heads up anyway. On the other hand, feel free to update us when they add a shiny pole and make ladies clothing optional. :wink02:

tony hipchest
03-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Not really my thing either, but thanks for the heads up anyway. On the other hand, feel free to update us when they add a shiny pole and make ladies clothing optional. :wink02:

i would watch every week if stacy keibler were still on it.

if i ever get a tattoo, it will be her legs around my neck. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
03-17-2008, 09:15 PM
i think alot of straight men would watch this show b/c the female pro dancers are amazing and they are damn good looking

NJarhead
03-17-2008, 09:20 PM

Wow. That's an awesome idea!

Speaking of tattoos, this weekend my fiancee (once again) expressed complete jubilation about saving $30.00 on our grocery bill by using coupons. She gets so excited over coupons. Why, I'll never understand but I offered to have a bar code tattooed on my ...um...on Mr. Johnson. Apparently, that's not as exciting. :uhh:

HometownGal
03-17-2008, 09:23 PM

Stacy was a phenomenal dancer. :thumbsup: (I already know what your response will be - LOL! :wink02:)

The ladies lineup this season is:

Marlee Matlin
Priscilla Presley
Monica Seles
Marissa Jaret Winokur
Kristi Yamaguchi
Shannon Elizabeth

Guys:

Penn Jillette
Jason Taylor
Steve Guttenberg
Adam Carolla
Cristian De La Fuente
Mario (R & B singer)

NJarhead
03-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Stacy was a phenomenal dancer. :thumbsup: (I already know what your response will be - LOL! :wink02:)

Marlee Matlin
Priscilla Presley
Monica Seles
Marissa Jaret Winokur
Kristi Yamaguchi
Shannon Elizabeth

Guys:

Penn Jillette
Jason Taylor
Steve Guttenberg
Adam Carolla
Cristian De La Fuente
Mario (R & B singer)

Adam Carolla?????? He was my Man Show hero. Well, at least he'll be dancing with a hottie. Good for him.

"oooooooooh, Jason Taylor!" Maybe I'll have the boys over. We can have a pillow fight. :sissies:

:wink02: I'm just kiddin' HTG.

HometownGal
03-17-2008, 09:56 PM
"oooooooooh, Jason Taylor!" Maybe I'll have the boys over. We can have a pillow fight. :sissies:

Awesome! When you and your boys are done with him, send him my way. Me thinks a pillow fight with him would be quite enjoyable. :drool: :wink02:

NJarhead
03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Awesome! When you and your boys are done with him, send him my way. Me thinks a pillow fight with him would be quite enjoyable. :drool: :wink02:

That'll happen. lol. WHo is that in your avatar? To me it looks like either Bruce Dickenson or the dude from Journey, but I know that it's neither.

Well, time to head home. Have a good night!

BettisFan
03-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Big bens joining American Idol!

HometownGal
03-18-2008, 07:13 AM
WHo is that in your avatar? To me it looks like either Bruce Dickenson or the dude from Journey, but I know that it's neither.

You were right with choice #2. It's Steve Perry - the dude from Journey. :wink02:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Priscilla Presley

and if she has anymore face lifts her ears are going to end up in the back of her head. Holly crap Batman I'm not sure who's face lift is more scary hers or last years contestant Wayne Newton :yikes:

HometownGal
03-19-2008, 09:01 AM
and if she has anymore face lifts her ears are going to end up in the back of her head. Holly crap Batman I'm not sure who's face lift is more scary hers or last years contestant Wayne Newton :yikes:

:toofunny::toofunny: She also had collagen injections in her lips - looks like someone punked her in the chops. I think she is still a beautiful woman, though.

I have to say that for a 62 year old woman, she can really move on that dance floor. :thumbsup: Kristi Yamaguchi last night was by far the best female dancer, but I was totally captivated by Marlee Matlin's performance. She is totally deaf and can't hear the music at all, but she did beautifully in keeping in sync with her partner's body rythym. :thumbsup:

memphissteelergirl
03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I don't tune into the show regularly...but since nothing else was on last night, I decided to watch.

I think Kristi Yamaguchi was the best, although I thought Marlee Matlin did really well.

Marissa Winkour was great....woo hoo! Curvy girls unite!! :cheer:

stlrtruck
03-19-2008, 12:05 PM
I might have to watch for Marlee Matlin - man I use to have the biggest crush on her.

CB1977
03-20-2008, 02:21 PM
:toofunny::toofunny: She also had collagen injections in her lips - looks like someone punked her in the chops. I think she is still a beautiful woman, though.

I have to say that for a 62 year old woman, she can really move on that dance floor. :thumbsup: Kristi Yamaguchi last night was by far the best female dancer, but I was totally captivated by Marlee Matlin's performance. She is totally deaf and can't hear the music at all, but she did beautifully in keeping in sync with her partner's body rythym. :thumbsup:

HTG...is Marlee Matlin 100% deaf or does she wear a hearing aid? I remember her in the Movie "Children of a Lesser God" and she was so good in that movie! I haven't had a chance to see DWTS yet this season. Must be opposite something else on TV that I've been watching instead.

HometownGal
03-20-2008, 03:23 PM
HTG...is Marlee Matlin 100% deaf or does she wear a hearing aid? I remember her in the Movie "Children of a Lesser God" and she was so good in that movie! I haven't had a chance to see DWTS yet this season. Must be opposite something else on TV that I've been watching instead.

Yes, CB - Marlee is 100% deaf. While she and her partner were practicing, she had her interpreter with her all the time to communicate responses to so that he could relay them to Fabian Sanchez, her dance partner. She can lip read very well, but needs assistance occasionally. She was just awesome! :thumbsup:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Dancing with the Stars Week #2 - Update

Jason Taylor is still a hip pumping hottie. :love: :lust::lust::lust:

Next season's token football player - Lynn Swann. :cheers: The guy took ballet lessons which makes him a shoe in to win the coveted DWTS Mirror Ball Trophy.

HometownGal
03-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Dancing with the Stars Week #2 - Update

Jason Taylor is still a hip pumping hottie. :love: :lust::lust::lust:

Next season's token football player - Lynn Swann. :cheers: The guy took ballet lessons which makes him a shoe in to win the coveted DWTS Mirror Ball Trophy.

Oh yes he is! :lust::lust: I predict either he or Kristi Yamaguchi is going to win the competition. Mario is very good, too.

I'd love to see a former NHL'er compete - now that would be interesting!

If Lynn doesn't put his hat into the Governor's race again here in PA, I could see him as the next footbal hero on the show. :thumbsup:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Okay dancing with the stars fans...did you notice that jason and Edyta's oufits for the paso doble were the Dolphins colors!! I'm sure that made parcells happy.

It appears "the tuna" is not feeling the dancing with the stars love.

AT THE CRUX

Taylor, Miami's best player, moved to Hollywood this offseason to pursue a show-business career. He accepted an offer to appear on Dancing With The Stars without really asking Parcells for his opinion or permission.

Taylor knew his decision would keep him from Miami's offseason conditioning program, but figuring he always is in shape, he went anyway.

Parcells, hired in late December to remedy Miami's seemingly infinite maladies, didn't bother embracing Taylor when he first got the job. The men have had perhaps one 30-second conversation since December.

When he heard Taylor was not going to participate in the voluntary offseason program, Parcells was displeased, because, in his eyes, Taylor should be a leader on this team and skipping work is not the kind of leadership anyone wants.

That is the foundation of the disconnect between the men.

And, unfortunately, there is more than just a foundation to worry about.

Two weeks ago, Taylor took a break from his dancing gig and visited the Dolphins. He visited with teammates in the locker room and, after a warm reception, decided to call on Parcells.

Taylor walked into a room where Parcells was watching tape, and Parcells ignored him. He looked at Taylor and went back to his work without saying a word.

That incensed Taylor.

You can argue that Parcells is right to ignore a player who is ignoring Miami's offseason program and has asked to be traded. You can argue that Taylor is right to expect a certain amount of respect after 11 stellar NFL seasons and being ignored is being disrespected.

OUT OF THE TABLOIDS

But there is no argument the relationship's little crack is now a sizable fracture.

The relationship is such that Taylor wouldn't think of calling Parcells and asking why he wouldn't talk to him two weeks ago. The relationship is such that Parcells apparently sees no need to clear the air with Taylor.

This thing is Star magazine strange.

And the really bizarre moment is still five weeks away, when Dancing With The Stars wraps and the Dolphins hold a mandatory minicamp June 6-8.

What happens if Taylor and Parcells pass in the hallway or on the way to the practice field? It would be awkward.

Maybe it won't come to that if Taylor is traded before then, but Ireland insisted Sunday that is not going to happen.

So here is the alternative: Parcells and Taylor should call each other and talk and resolve their petty differences.

After all, following a weekend in which Parcells tried to build a new foundation by adding six players along the line of scrimmage, maybe the next logical move is to reinforce a relationship with the team's cornerstone.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/512073.html

HometownGal
04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Jason Taylor is a really good dancer. :thumbsup: That being said, however, his first obligation is to the team who pays him to play football and that should be his top priority. He probably should have taken that into consideration before he contracted to perform on DWTS.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Marissa Jaret Winokur is in the Final 5. She's bubbly and cute as a button, but I think Marlee Matlin and Shannon Elizabeth totally outperformed her and it is unfortunate that they both were eliminated and Marissa is still in the competition. :banging: I dunno - maybe the judges and viewers feel sorry for the chubby gal.

GutterflowerSteel
04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I was trippin' because last night's show had Def Leppard lip synching to Pour Some Sugar On Me. WTF?!!:noidea: That being said, GO JASON! I'd love to see him win - Parcells would burst into flame :tt02: