PDA

View Full Version : Did the Falcons get enough in return?

Elvis
03-18-2008, 05:39 PM
I dont think so myself. I wouldnt have taken less than a 1st rounder myself. This guy is a perenial all pro corner and the 2nd round pick and whatever else the Falcons got in this trade is very unproven at this point.
:coffee:

polamalu82
03-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I think the falcons prob couldn't get a better offer anywhere else. The Falcons knew D. Hall wasn't happy. So a second round I guess makes sense. The Falcons need a lot and with the Raiders 2nd rounder being a high second rounder they can choose their players a little more strategically now.

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I would not trade hall for that little they diserved at least a player

fansince'76
03-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Hall is possibly the most overrated POS in the league, IMO, with a lousy attitude to boot. For every good play he makes he gets beaten and beaten BADLY on at least 3 or 4 others. To top things off, he was a troublemaking malcontent crybaby in Atlanta and there's absolutely no reason to believe he won't be one in Oakland as well. Think Randy Moss, only on defense. Al Davis just bought himself a $70 million headache. Oakland is getting RAPED on this deal.

Dylan
03-18-2008, 08:18 PM
I think the falcons prob couldn't get a better offer anywhere else. The Falcons knew D. Hall wasn't happy. So a second round I guess makes sense. The Falcons need a lot and with the Raiders 2nd rounder being a high second rounder they can choose their players a little more strategically now.

the giants offered thier first pick (31st overall) for Deangelo hall, but the raiders shoit down.

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 08:38 PM
What picks did they get from the raiders?

verks36
03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
i think they did

every one know hall has an attitude problem and yes he is fast but he isnt a top notch corner.

I would say they should be happy with a 2nd rounder

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Why not take the 1st from the giants and wouldnt hall want to be on the SB winning team rather than the raiders?

Dylan
03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
What picks did they get from the raiders?

they got the raiders 2nd and 6th round picks

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 09:20 PM
why not take the giants pick that seems alot better

lilyoder6
03-18-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah.. could of got a better player in the 1st rd..

Dylan
03-18-2008, 09:22 PM
why not take the giants pick that seems alot better

who knows, they might not of been able to reach an agreement with hall on a new contract.

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 09:24 PM
who knows, they might not of been able to reach an agreement with hall on a new contract.

or Falcons management sucks

rbryan
03-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Are you kidding me?? Falcon fans should be throwing a party today. This is the best move they've made in years. This ranks up there with KC giving up picks to the Jets for Herm Edwards. Anyone who thinks Hall is so great hasn't been watching him play. Let me guess, you guys are tuning in to NFL network everday for " Put up your Dukes" I'm pretty sure Jamie Dukes is D Halls agent on the side.

As far as the Raiders giving this assclown 10 mill a year after giving up he draft picks. No wonder the Raiders are a mess. Maybe Al likes the Jamie Dukes show too. He probably watches it right before his nap everyday.

CantStop85
03-19-2008, 09:30 AM
or Falcons management sucks

Very good move by Falcons, imo...get rid of an overrated cancer and get a second rounder in return. If I'm not mistaken, the Falcons now have a first rounder and 3 second rounders...good building blocks.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
BettisFan, here are some points as to why they may have not taken the Giants first rounder:

1. There has been no conformation that the Giants were going to give up their first round pick, only rumor. It's possible the Giants offered it, and then took it off the table. It's also possible that they never offered it at all.

2. The Giants and Falcons are both in the NFC. The Giants are the defending Super Bowl Champions, which means they are pretty damn good. Why make a team in your own conferance that much stronger, when you can trade him to the worst-run team in the AFC? Also remember, the Giants held the last pick in the first round, there isn't much difference between that pick and a high second rounder.

3. Maybe the Giants would have been unable to hammer out a new deal with Hall. He wanted to be one of the top paid corners in the business, maybe the Giants weren't willing to shell out $10M/year for him.

And as to why get rid of him in the first place?

He was a locker room cancer for one. The Falcons are trying to rebuild, you can't rebuild with a guy like that in the locker room.

He was a big supporter of Michael Vick, even after Vick admitted all that he did. I think Falcons managment want to get away from the entire Vick saga, and that is part of the reason they released Crumpler and traded Hall.

Personally, I don't think Hall is as good as he thinks he is. He's fast, but I have not been impressed with his coverage skills. He runs his mouth, but gets beat often. You would think with all that speed a guy that isn't lightning fast like Hines Ward wouldn't be able to get seperation, but Ward made him look like a UDFA in 2006.

They Falcons can find someone with the same skill set in the second round for a whole lot less, hell they might find someone better.

The Falcons made themselves a whole lot better with this move......addition by subtraction.

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
BettisFan, here are some points as to why they may have not taken the Giants first rounder:

1. There has been no conformation that the Giants were going to give up their first round pick, only rumor. It's possible the Giants offered it, and then took it off the table. It's also possible that they never offered it at all.

2. The Giants and Falcons are both in the NFC. The Giants are the defending Super Bowl Champions, which means they are pretty damn good. Why make a team in your own conferance that much stronger, when you can trade him to the worst-run team in the AFC? Also remember, the Giants held the last pick in the first round, there isn't much difference between that pick and a high second rounder.

3. Maybe the Giants would have been unable to hammer out a new deal with Hall. He wanted to be one of the top paid corners in the business, maybe the Giants weren't willing to shell out $10M/year for him.

And as to why get rid of him in the first place?

He was a locker room cancer for one. The Falcons are trying to rebuild, you can't rebuild with a guy like that in the locker room.

He was a big supporter of Michael Vick, even after Vick admitted all that he did. I think Falcons managment want to get away from the entire Vick saga, and that is part of the reason they released Crumpler and traded Hall.

Personally, I don't think Hall is as good as he thinks he is. He's fast, but I have not been impressed with his coverage skills. He runs his mouth, but gets beat often. You would think with all that speed a guy that isn't lightning fast like Hines Ward wouldn't be able to get seperation, but Ward made him look like a UDFA in 2006.

They Falcons can find someone with the same skill set in the second round for a whole lot less, hell they might find someone better.

The Falcons made themselves a whole lot better with this move......addition by subtraction.
Well lets just wait and see who they draft

silver & black
03-19-2008, 08:53 PM

Sounds a lot like the situation the Raiders had with Moss. Great talent, but not happy. You take what you can get for players like that... better than paying them $millions to dog it and bring the guys around them down.

silver & black
03-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Are you kidding me?? Falcon fans should be throwing a party today. This is the best move they've made in years. This ranks up there with KC giving up picks to the Jets for Herm Edwards. Anyone who thinks Hall is so great hasn't been watching him play. Let me guess, you guys are tuning in to NFL network everday for " Put up your Dukes" I'm pretty sure Jamie Dukes is D Halls agent on the side.

As far as the Raiders giving this assclown 10 mill a year after giving up he draft picks. No wonder the Raiders are a mess. Maybe Al likes the Jamie Dukes show too. He probably watches it right before his nap everyday.

C'mon... do you really think Al ponied up 10 mill a year straight up? I guarantee you the deal is back loaded and insentive laden. Hall will never see the end of a 7 year contract , and if he does, it will be re-structured. Al might be a lot of things, but dumb with player contracts aint one of 'em.

lilyoder6
03-19-2008, 09:24 PM
i think if hall can be happy in oak the def will be good.. i mena u have hall who is a pro-bowl corner since he's been there and aso who is good,, and they did get wilson.. and they have some decent players on the d-line and lb core.. if evryone is happy they could have something oon the def side

silver & black
03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
i think if hall can be happy in oak the def will be good.. i mena u have hall who is a pro-bowl corner since he's been there and aso who is good,, and they did get wilson.. and they have some decent players on the d-line and lb core.. if evryone is happy they could have something oon the def side

I keep hearing how Hall is a pro-bowl corner, but he aint in Aso's league as far as I'm concerned. Hall will need to show me something this year for me to believe he is anywhere near the corner Aso is.

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 10:20 PM
I keep hearing how Hall is a pro-bowl corner, but he aint in Aso's league as far as I'm concerned. Hall will need to show me something this year for me to believe he is anywhere near the corner Aso is.

I think he is pro bowl caliber and can be but he has to have a good attitude and want to win as a team and not as just himself

revefsreleets
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
This was also part salary dump...he wanted 8 figures and the Falcons were never gonna pony up that kind of cash for a malcontent.

rbryan
03-20-2008, 09:56 AM
C'mon... do you really think Al ponied up 10 mill a year straight up? I guarantee you the deal is back loaded and insentive laden. Hall will never see the end of a 7 year contract , and if he does, it will be re-structured. Al might be a lot of things, but dumb with player contracts aint one of 'em.

Now that you mention it I didn't hear how much of the deal was guaranteed. But he isn't worth even a fraction of that money. You'll see.

He's all flash with little substance. For every high stepping return to the house he gets beat for 5 scores. He's physically overmatched by nearly everyone he goes up against and can't tackle to save his azz.

BettisFan
03-23-2008, 12:30 AM
I think I read it was 24 mil guaranteed .

Anyhow, just saw tonight that he Falcons now have 4 picks in the top 48, and 5 in the top 68. They could really build a strong nucleus of a team with this draft or they could piss it away, either way this will be a big year for Atlanta(as far as their future goes).

Wow thats phenominal for them, if they wanna rebuild heres their chance, I guess they did know what they were doing. Surprising.

Elvis
03-23-2008, 06:24 AM
If this guy could just have a attitude adjustment somehow... He has the talent to be a good corner, but with the attitude he has I guess the Falcons and Raiders have gotten what they deserve:wink02:

silver & black
03-23-2008, 08:22 AM
If this guy could just have a attitude adjustment somehow... He has the talent to be a good corner, but with the attitude he has I guess the Falcons and Raiders have gotten what they deserve:wink02:

Like I said before... I'm in the minority of Raider fans that really didn't want him because of his attitude. I really didn't know much about him because I have zero interest in the Falcons. After doing a little research on him, I think he can be a huge asset for us...if the attitude is kept in check.

ps... just curious. Why do you say the Raiders got what they deserve....................... meaning?

Elvis
03-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Like I said before... I'm in the minority of Raider fans that really didn't want him because of his attitude. I really didn't know much about him because I have zero interest in the Falcons. After doing a little research on him, I think he can be a huge asset for us...if the attitude is kept in check.

ps... just curious. Why do you say the Raiders got what they deserve....................... meaning?
I forgot that Randy Moss isnt there anymore... I thought they would make a great team
:wink02:
The Falcons got rid of a neusance and the Raiders got themselves a loud mouth supposed to be shutdown corner.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-23-2008, 09:25 PM
S&B, I am with you on him not being in Aso's class...hell he isn't anywhere near Aso's class.

I have never been impressed with Hall one bit. He may be the fastest player in the NFL...but the NFL isn't a track meet.

He doesn't like to tackle. Deion Sanders didn't like to tackle either, but he shut down the other team's best receiver every Sunday. For every time Hall picks you off, you'll beat him deep 5 times.

The Raiders got hosed on this deal, IMHO. The only good thing that will come out of this is the spike in Raiders jersey sales between Russell, Hall, and whoever their first rounder is.

BettisFan
03-23-2008, 09:27 PM
The raiders are just freaking out(they cant win) and i think franticly signed him.

silver & black
03-24-2008, 12:44 PM
The raiders are just freaking out(they cant win) and i think franticly signed him.

Nah... Al Davis covets fast DB's, thats why we got him. You have to understand Al's philosophy on how to build a winning defense, to understand his fasination with speedy, athletic DB's. He believes that you build a defense from the back to the front... which we all know is horse pucky. He believes in a 4 man rush, which leaves the LB's dropping back in coverage to stop the run... thats worked out real well for the last 15 years :rolleyes:. Untill he wakes up and realizes that in today's NFL you need to have a stud D-line, the Raiders will struggle to stop the run.