PDA

View Full Version : Now who?

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Well its totally awesome that we just signed Hartwig and he takes care of our Center issue, so with Oline being what we were going to draft first where do we go now? What position? and who?

NJarhead
03-18-2008, 07:44 PM
This is just my opinion but, just imagine for a second if we had signed Kris Jenkins and switched to a 4-3. Keisel and Smith on the ends, Big Snack and Jenkins in the middle. LOLB Woodley, MLB Farrior, ROLB Timmons (There are options for MLB and ROLB). First of all, NO ONE would run on us, and maybe we could get a little more pressure on the QB. There's obviously more to it than that but...,

Thoughts?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-18-2008, 08:04 PM
This is just my opinion but, just imagine for a second if we had signed Kris Jenkins and switched to a 4-3. Keisel and Smith on the ends, Big Snack and Jenkins in the middle. LOLB Woodley, MLB Farrior, ROLB Timmons (There are options for MLB and ROLB). First of all, NO ONE would run on us, and maybe we could get a little more pressure on the QB. There's obviously more to it than that but...,

Thoughts?

Maybe Harrison in the middle. Farriors isn't getting any younger and its hard to keep a current pro bowler out of the starting rotation.

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Farrior stil has the will and power he can do it

Dylan
03-18-2008, 09:20 PM
We signed Hartwig?

Dylan
03-18-2008, 09:23 PM
We signed Hartwig?

nvm i saw it on the bottom line by john clayton. very nice pickup. we signed him for 2 years. i still hope we take a lineman though. we need depth there.

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 09:33 PM
I dont think we should with number one pick though

Texasteel
03-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I think I would still take Albert if he is there.

Dylan
03-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I dont think we should with number one pick though

i wouldnt be surprised if we did, and if we didn't if albert is there go for it he has rare size for a guard. but i wouldnt mind a receiver. hopefully malcom kelly, i would settle for james hardy also

NJarhead
03-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I like the idea that we can take the best player available (unless it's a TE or QB).

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 10:19 PM
I like the idea that we can take the best player available (unless it's a TE or QB).

I agree because we are okay at preaty much every position now, so why not

NJarhead
03-18-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree because we are okay at preaty much every position now, so why not

Well, it wouldn't kill us to find a D-Lineman (age issues, especially LE), "home grown" LB depth (it's tradition afterall) and we may soon be in the market for a DB or two depending on what happens with McFadden (contract) and Townsend (age). Also, FS: We don't know what will happen with Ryan Clark and A. Smith didn't prove anything but value on special teams (so far). A healthy Ryan Clark would be HUGE! At least someone to push humble-pie eatin' Anthony Smith.

BettisFan
03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Who would be the best availible at 23?

Galax Steeler
03-19-2008, 05:03 AM
what about kenny phillips I think he would be a nice adition.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-19-2008, 06:00 AM
Who would be the best availible at 23?

First three players drafted may still be O-line...D-back...D-line.

DACEB
03-19-2008, 06:59 AM
First three players drafted may still be O-line...D-back...D-line.

Agree, I don't see how signing a FA center changes anything in the 1st. The team was not looking at center in the 1st obviously, this just means maybe we draft only one O-lineman. and I still think it's in the 1st.

I think we're all just glad that the team was not satisfied going into this season with just Mahan and Stapleton competing at center.

Dylan
03-19-2008, 10:15 AM
what about kenny phillips I think he would be a nice adition.

yea, but why we got clark, and smith will come into his own anytime by now. yea heas immature but he has talent. so dont really need phillips

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-19-2008, 04:07 PM
yea, but why we got clark, and smith will come into his own anytime by now. yea heas immature but he has talent. so dont really need phillips

Clark is still a question mark with his spleen and Smith hasn't shown a lot of consistancy.

BettisFan
03-19-2008, 04:13 PM
you all hear Mcfadden might go to the jets hahha wow how many rb's do they want

lilyoder6
03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
smith only gotten to start a couple of games.. give him time and he will be a nice FS 4 the steelers.. with the age issue of the d-line we need some young guys who can produce..

Texasteel
03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
you all hear Mcfadden might go to the jets hahha wow how many rb's do they want

I could be wrong BF, but I think the Jets are in a panic mode.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-20-2008, 09:13 PM
I could be wrong BF, but I think the Jets are in a panic mode.

I think that they just don't have a number one runner in New York. Thomas Jones is getting up there in years and hs production has fell(possibly from a young Jet o-line) and Washington is no starting RB.

MDSteel15
03-21-2008, 12:13 AM
MALCOLM KELLY

BettisFan
03-23-2008, 02:45 AM
I think that they just don't have a number one runner in New York. Thomas Jones is getting up there in years and hs production has fell(possibly from a young Jet o-line) and Washington is no starting RB.

Well all of the backs besides i guess washington could start on atleast on other team, thats just a waste of money on their part.